• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Do we need weapon skill for parry to work?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry works without a weapon skill, but you shouldn't have parry to replace a weapon skill, you'll still get hit alot.

Resist is fine at 115, but you should still carry a trapped box.

G

GFY

Parry doesn't work with a mage weapon and bushido.

It does work with a shield and no bushido.

For parry to work you need;

Parry + shield

or

Parry + weapon skill + Bushido

C

Chaosy

Parry actually does work with a mage weapon and bushido...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm it works parry + mage weapon + bushido. I ran that template for a while...

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need a weapon skill for parry to work. Dexterity is the big factor as to whether or not you will receive a penalty if it is lower than 80.

Resist as far as PvP goes, meh 115 is o.k., but you might as well just carry a trapped box. With 115 resist, you can still get frozen for a half second or so. It is enough that 2 mages will rock you.

G

GFY

I can confirm it works parry + mage weapon + bushido. I ran that template for a while...
I thought that was changed when they nerfed bushido mages? Don't you need a minimum 50 weapon skill?

D

DuttyD

Say I have parry with max dex with NO weapon in hand and NO weapon skill.

Do I get a penalty for not having a weapon skill?

G

gjohnson5

I thought that was changed when they nerfed bushido mages? Don't you need a minimum 50 weapon skill?
This is not associated with mage weapons...
I gained (bushido / parry) parry points at the Yew sheep farm as a using a Legacy of the dread lord as a fencer. I would have to say no

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are probably thinking of the bushido spell evasion. In the update, you now need 50 Weapon skill along with the required amount of bushido...in order to execute evasion.

C

Chaosy

Say I have parry with max dex with NO weapon in hand and NO weapon skill.

Do I get a penalty for not having a weapon skill?
No, but you're still going to get hit a lot regardless.

G

GFY

This is not associated with mage weapons...
I gained (bushido / parry) parry points at the Yew sheep farm as a using a Legacy of the dread lord as a fencer. I would have to say no
Yes you gain skill points. BUT are you actually blocking. A good method to gain parry with bushido is to use a shield. You aren't however very effective blocking with a shield.

Do you get the blocking effect using a mage weapon or are you just gaining skill?

G

GFY

You are probably thinking of the bushido spell evasion. In the update, you now need 50 Weapon skill along with the required amount of bushido...in order to execute evasion.
I remember that but are you able to block with a mage weapon or do you just gain skill?