• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do Spring Cleaning points transfer with Character transfers ?

M

Mayadevi

HI there ! My apologies if this has been asked and answered already, i couldn't figure out what to search under.

I need to transfer a character from Europa to Origin, will my spring cleaning points already in the community collection transfer with her ? What about her library and museum points?:coco:

I know I can take the tickets with my, but I have already turned in a bunch and I have a alot of stuff and limited amount of packies, lol. Has anyone done a character transfer during spring cleaning? Did the points transfer with your character ?

I don't want to lose points and have to start over, so I thought I'd better check first.

Thanks bunches !

Mayadevi

PS. Nope, I've never done a character transfer before, this is my very first, so i am a bit nervous, lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have moved characters that have donated to either or both the zoo and the library and their accumulated points transferred with them.

M

Mayadevi

Thanks Tina !

I sure hope the spring cleaning works the same !

Just nervous 'cause I've never done it before :p

Mayadevi

PS. I get to take 5 packies full of stuff right?

C

Crack Head Bob

The spring points do transfer, i found that out after transfering and nothing thinking about it till i already did it. As for the pack animals, you get 5 full ones. Im just not to sure if you have them in the transfer box, of if they pop up as soon as you do.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your transfer crate includes several containers that you can review before you do the transfer:

• Your bank box.
  • Your character's backpack.
  • Your equipped items.
  • Your stabled pets.
  • Your controlled pets.

Your pets show up in their respective containers (i.e., stabled pets or controlled pets) as figurines. I believe each figurine also shows the pet's name and for the controlled pets I think you also see the pet's weight if it is a pack animal. However, I don't recall that you can actually look inside the backpacks of the controlled pets. So check the weight of the controlled pets before you start the transfer and then double check their weights when you get to the step of checking what's in your transfer crate.

Also, when you are checking your bank box, equipped items, and your character's backpack at that step, I don't think you can move stuff around, it's kind of unmoveable; however, I believe you can open up containers within the bankbox and backpack and visually scan at least the top layer to see if everything looks okay.

Blue characters arrive randomly at the inns in Trammel that used to be used for starting characters. Red characters arrive in the back room of the healer in Buc's Den in Fel.

Your character arrives hidden and naked and you have a week to remove all items from the transfer crate. For example, when you arrive, you will probably want to just take your armor out of the equipped items container in the transfer crate, and some rune books and your chivalry or spell book from the backpack container. Take a mount out of the stable and retrieve an ethy out of your transfer crate. Then recall/SJ to your destination and unpack the rest of your backpack at your leisure and pull each pack animal out of the transfer crate one at a time and unload it at your leisure.

Your stabled pets automatically go in the stable and your bankbox is also automatically loaded on the new shard.

Insured items should still be insured, but it is a wise idea to double check them.

You will want to double check your insurance renewal and other optional settings for your transferred character when you arrive. I usually have a guildmate kill my character after I arrive and check the corpse to make sure nothing dropped.

If you are using the 2D client, you can copy your UO macros and possibly also your desktop settings (have never tried those) and your UO Assist macros over to your character's folder(s) on the new shard. If you are using the KR client, I believe there may also be a way to copy over your toolbars and macros, but I'm not sure. It would probably be the same kind of process you use to copy those settings from one character to another. You can't do the copying, of course, until you've logged on at least once with the transferred character on the new shard. Once you've done that, the folders that you need to copy stuff into will exist under the UO and UO Assist program folders.

I haven't done a character transfer in a couple of months, so this may have changed, however I believe the transfer is usually complete in about 20 minutes, although the menu/notice you get tells you it can take longer than that.

M

Mayadevi

Thanks so much Tina and Crack head Bob !

I am so glad I asked now, I can tell From reading Tina's wonderfully descriptive post of what to expect that I would have been REALLY confused ! Now I feel like "Ok, so this is gonna be a lil bit confusing, but it should work out ok." LOL

Hubby thanks you too, he just breathed a BIG sigh of relief !

Mayadevi (Who hates moving, even in UO :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mayadevi, the only caution I would give you is to not put more than 125 items in your bankbox if you've done the upgrade for increased bankbox storage. You probably would be okay, but with the problems people had when that upgrade was first available, I would want to be extra cautious and not tempt fate and lose something because the game somehow forgets you've done the upgrade while you are in transit.

Also, before you even attempt the transfer, make sure you have an empty character slot on the shard that you're character is going to. (The transfer process shouldn't work if you don't have an available character slot, so don't worry if you already started the transfer and forgot to check this. )

M

Mayadevi

Thanks Tina, that's a good point, I hadn't even thought of the extra storage on the bank box ! I'm assuming they give directions on this transfer box You and Bob have been talking about, and the five packies go in the box?

Checked for the slot on the other end first thing, i'm being just a lil paranoid about this whole transfer thing. :blushing:

*still putting things in boxes*

Mayadevi

D

Devil_Woman

I've done two transfers in the past month with bank boxes stuffed to the 150 limit, and everything transferred correctly with no problems.