• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do I only need 5 non-medable armor pieces on a warrior?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It says only 5 non-medable armor pieces are factored into stamina loss protection in an armor suit of a warrior: " Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. "
Base Properties – Ultima Online (uo.com)

Also only 5 non-medable armor pieces are used to calculate the inherent LMC that go over the cap: " Each piece of armor (up to five pieces) will provide a small percentage of LMC"
Lower Mana Cost - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Assuming I just use the 5 remaining non-medable armor slots (instead of 6) to apply refinements on my suit, I do not have any disadvantages, right?

Just asking, because I want to shuffle the head piece more often.

Last edited:

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
you can apply refinements to all 6 pieces and they would count.

I normally do either 5 metal and 1 studded for max stam protection with 47 lmc
or 5 studded and one metal for 55lmc and a slight boost to stam protection

you get 6 slots and it basically takes your 5 best for the stam calc and the lmc count

however all 6 do count for refinements (if you applied them to all)