• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do I have Enough Gold?

CaesarDoP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

I am asking a very general question, one that I known can have many many answers, but just an estimate would be good.

I have a 2 Story Wood and Plaster that I am thinking about customizing. What can I expect to spend? I know, I can spend as much as I want, but realistically, am I looking at $1 mil, $10 mil or can it be done for $100,000 GP.

Again I know you can spend as much as you want, but just an estimate.

Thanks for the help, Peace be with all of you

Caesar

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not even sure you can change L-shaped houses into customs yet...haven't tried personally in several years, but last time I tried, it wouldn't allow it due to the odd shape of the house. Best thing to do in my opinion would be to just go ahead and try it. If it works, you'll only be out 111k* (if I remember correctly, thinking an L-shaped is 14*14) and then if it does convert into a custom plot and you start designing on the plot, the most you will pay would be 392k*,l and only then if you cover every single tile on all four floors.

*Math may be wrong, someone else can correct it if it is, as math is not my strong point. :)

CaesarDoP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not even sure you can change L-shaped houses into customs yet...haven't tried personally in several years, but last time I tried, it wouldn't allow it due to the odd shape of the house. Best thing to do in my opinion would be to just go ahead and try it. If it works, you'll only be out 111k* (if I remember correctly, thinking an L-shaped is 14*14) and then if it does convert into a custom plot and you start designing on the plot, the most you will pay would be 392k*,l and only then if you cover every single tile on all four floors.

*Math may be wrong, someone else can correct it if it is, as math is not my strong point. :)
Desperado_SE, thanks for the responce, that's not as bad as I thought.

Peace be with you

Caesar

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, if there is something blocking that little spot where the L is, you'd have some trouble, too

been a while since I looked closely at the options, but there is an option there to convert to customizeable, right? and yes, I think there are a few that the menu simply will not allow you to convert

what I really wanted to point out, tho, is that you do have the option to resize, and I don't know if the restrictions for converting also hold true for resizing.... but, you need to be careful with that too... unless they fixed it, when you resize a house, unless you empty the moving crate, you'll lose everything in it... and a resize is not like going into custom mode... when you resize, everything in your house falls to the ground, and anyone can pick it up... the only thing a resize is good for is holding the plot for only you for a period of time (I *think* it's an hour, but I could be wrong about that)

hopefully someone with more experience with this type of construction question will help out some, I fear I may have confused you more! ;)