• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do Giant Turkeys only spawn in November?

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read that if you kill lots of regular turkeys that occasionally a Giant Turkey will spawn, yesterday I killed a bunch of regular turkeys but no Giant Turkey spawn. So I'm wondering if this Giant Turkey spawn is a permanent feature or a seasonal thing like it only happens in the month of November? I don't want to waste time killing more regular turkeys trying to spawn a Giant one if it's not possible to get one outside of November. I searched everywhere online, but I couldn't find any information on whether Giant Turkeys are seasonal or not.

Thank you

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I wonder if it is location dependent. Some people mentioned the turkeys around the Demon temple, and they sounded like it may still be current, but yes a more definitive answer would be appropriate.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need to kill a bunch of little turkeys for a chance that a large one will spawn. They can spawn anywhere and at any time of year.

absolutely no reason to kill a big turkey though, the loot is pointless.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to kill a bunch of little turkeys for a chance that a large one will spawn. They can spawn anywhere and at any time of year.

absolutely no reason to kill a big turkey though, the loot is pointless.
Are you 100% sure they spawn anywhere anytime of the year? Have you spawned one recent? It seems like every time someone makes a thread post somewhere about them spawning a Giant Turkey after killing a bunch of little turkeys I notice it's always dated in November, so that's what I'm trying to figure out and confirm if this can happen outside of November or not . I don't waste more time on something that might not happen, I want certain confirmation that maybe someone spawned or seen a Giant Turkey outside of November.

Plus as for Turkey's bad loot I agree, but I just want to kill Giant Turkeys for the fun of it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When someone asks how to get feathers, tell them to kill turkeys. It wont be long till you hear them in chat talking about being killed by a Giant Turkey. :devil:

We just had a thread about this a few days ago.
Are you 100% sure they spawn anywhere anytime of the year? Have you spawned one recent?
Yes and if you keep bringing it up the devs will notice they did not put a timer on them.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When someone asks how to get feathers, tell them to kill turkeys. It wont be long till you hear them in chat talking about being killed by a Giant Turkey. :devil:

We just had a thread about this a few days ago.
Thank you!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, they still spawn. I spawned two just a few weeks ago to try and cras... well n/m why I did it. It takes awhile to spawn them.