• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do away with the random treasure map spots - some don't work

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never understand why they thought this was a system that needed to be fixed. They say that they want to encourage community and treasure maps created a community of people that decided to work together for the purpose of knowing where the spots are. Then for their next trick, they make the spots random thus wrecking the whole thing. Furthermore, i am convinced that some of those "Random Spots" do not exist and the maps are bugged.

Yesterday i found a map and i went to the spot and dug it up within 15 seconds (GM Mining). In that treasure chest was another map. I went to the spot on the map (i think it was the small island next to serp or buccs) and spent a good 30-45 minutes digging and finding nothing.

Eventually, i gave up and just tossed it in the trash. I dug everywhere near where it was supposed to be and everywhere away from it and never dug up a chest. Being that this was a small island, i didn't have to look far so it didn't take long for me to realize that there was something wrong with this map.

I have dug up an insane amount of these "Random Spot" maps and from my experience, they are almost never where they are marked by the pin

Anyone having similar experiences?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually it works just fine. I've not had any trouble, but then I'm very good with maps... my T-hunter is also GM in Mining. You may try working up GM mining, because it does help.

Sometimes I find the spot and the chest won't come up but usually if I move a bit to one side or another of the spot it will come up. Never had a chest I couldn't get yet.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they relocate every 30 days so any you cant find or in a bad area just wait a month and redo.
it works fine

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't mind the randomization - what I DO mind was the stupid institution of the mining requirement. If ANY skill should modify the ability to find the map, it should be Cartography - therefore requiring the T-hunters to keep both Carto & LP on, instead of the current method of decoding with Carto, stoning it off, then stoning on mining for the dig (and some people go even further, and stone off mining after the dig, and stoning on LP).

Personally, most of my maps are showing locations at least a half-screen-width from the actual site, to the east. In fact, it's rare that I can see ANY point on the length of the pin on the map, from the map's location.

It appears to some that if you ever moved the display area in your client, T-maps get permanently out of sync with the display window. As I moved mine ages ago, and I'm not about to reinstall, I can't test this.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
System has flaws. I have 50 or so Maps I've tried to do that are all buried under houses. Screw waiting 30 days..I shouldn't have to because of piss poor coding.

There needs to be a way to exchange Maps or perhaps upgrade like BODs. I have no trouble finding the locations except in the jungles where you can't target many tiles but without Mining it would be impossible.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mining removed as required and toss on another 100 points on my template.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For years I was a avid Thunter, :) thousands of maps, every facit .... Till the change...:oops: You have to be gm miner to get the 4 spaces to hit the bloody thing, Though I am a GM LP from 97 I go through lockpicks like water...... not cool on a GM mind you.:mad: And to top it all off... they stick a little gremlin if you fail to steal you blind ... The maps have diferent critters for the different facits... ok... but did you have to stick in the lvl 6's not 1 not 2 but the chance for 5 G Dragons!!! all at once!!!! (still nursing my singed GD's pride) Not cool.o_O
I loved I didnt need others to help me dig up maps..... its hard enough to find some ppl on much less drag them on a hunt and peck trip.... that could take from 10 minutes to over an hour as you very well found out by the maps you did. Change is nice till it bites you in the rump. It's all wel and good for others here to say go fine ppl to play with and go do maps... but when there is less then 3 players on the shard who answer your inquirie..... and they are not wanting to break off what they are doing to go play in your folly It gets down right boring and not to mention if you try to do it lone....... (points to GD's singed tush and pride again) I was happy the way they were... I didnt need a magnifying glass and prayer in finding the spot. My lock picking skills which I was so proud of GMing was tops. The shere love of the whole thing kept me in UO when all else made life in game sooo down.... and they messed with it. I now find I spend about if UO is lucky 1 hour in game total a day. :( this is sad cause If you asked any one who knew me I was in UO 6 to 12 hours in a day (retired) And have been known when I wore the robe to be on at times up to 18 hours in a day!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a GM miner by the way. I just keep getting these random spots that are way off from where they are marked on the tmap. Yesterday, i never found that map in the jungle. Today, i found 10 straight in Malas (i have never done a tmap in malas before today). I think i had a lil trouble founding 1 of em.

Either way, i am convinced that one bad map i had was just a fluke. However, i have not backed down from the fact that they decided to fix a system that wasn't broken...Treasure Hunters have waited patiently for a loot bump but u bump. Not only did they nerf the common treasure hunter but they shoved an expansion down out throats and we accepted it gracefully. Still though, if u are going to make us work this hard for a treasure map, perhaps 80% of the loot shouldn't be garbage. Instead of bumping the loot, you kept the loot the same and included a few items (most of them are worthless now).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this true?
and if it is, do you have to re carto the map?
After 30 days the map re-sets to 'tattered' in a new area, and yes you'll have to re-read it.
I can, and have, dug up maps in either client with zero mining and taking no more than 10 minutes to find it. For CC client I use the screenshot method, in EC that's not needed with Pinco's ability to scale and zoom

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 30 days the map re-sets to 'tattered' in a new area, and yes you'll have to re-read it.
I can, and have, dug up maps in either client with zero mining and taking no more than 10 minutes to find it. For CC client I use the screenshot method, in EC that's not needed with Pinco's ability to scale and zoom
I'm kinda oldschool so i dunno what EC is. I did try to use Pinco' s yesterday but i couldn't figure out how to (Thats something that left for another topic in another thread). I just feel like these random spots are unnecessary gripe. Most of them are in the same areas anyhow so what is the point really...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On a T-map note...

Prior to AoS, Lizardmen had T-maps. I started playing at the beginning of AoS, and for 9 years never got a single T-map, even when spending hours farming lizardmen (as recently as last week). In fact, Lizardmen were removed from the list of creatures with maps at one point.

Tonight, I only got one load of spined leather, and got FIVE T-maps off the lizardmen. Did someone fix a bug, or did someone decide to undo an old-school nerf?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the lizardmen village south of Humility gate Ilsh. Combat Tailor filling 3 6 part larges and dozen smalls. 2 maps and 2 paragon chest.

Even the monbats for ages had few maps, but much better now.

Time it takes to log on online and post a complaint, reread for spelling and grammer. Could of went to Miasma and gotten at least two maps.

Using EC and the large Tmap I cross cordinate the maps location with far edge map landmarks. Do the same on the EC map. 360 the area once there and then spiral out from the start point after dropping somecrap item at the start. Rarely does a tree or something perfectly inline blocks the find. 100s of maps and got one under a house at last. Not all lotto tickets can be winners.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they should just give sextant coords for the maps once you've decoded them, or at the very least have it so when you click the map and try to dig for treasure from the context menu it automaticly tries to dig the spot, telling you if you're too far. The problem is that we have these "pixel perfect" maps now with pins that don't quite line up with the tmap spot. (and i do have to say, i REALLY miss the style of the old maps, they may have been less accurate but they sure looked nicer)

Back before I got bored of tmaps after the change too, for ilish and malas maps about 1/5 was ending up underneith something or in an unreachable location (quite a few ilish ones spawning in water?!!?). The fel ones i'd get the occasional one under a house, but other than that those weren't bad, but the ones on other facets were REALLY bad.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to disagree with everyone that says mining is needed.. My T-Hunter has no mining at all. Like Petra mentioned with the EC you can walk right to the map spot and dig it up.

Z

Zolt

I have to disagree with everyone that says mining is needed.. My T-Hunter has no mining at all. Like Petra mentioned with the EC you can walk right to the map spot and dig it up.
So, those of you who use the EC should be rewarded by finding the chest quickly without the need for mining, those of us that don't use it should be punished?

The current system where I have to swap skills on and off a soul stone is just annoying. The end result is the same, I just have to go through extra, unnecessary hoops.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand the stoning skills, maybe I'm just dense. I run;
Magery, Med, LP, Cart, mining, Eval, with the leftovers in hiding. Works fine.
Other template I have worked with that was good ;
Taming, Lore, Vet, LP, Cart, Mining, Balance of points in magery for healling and gating...bumped up nicely with jewels and a spellbook.
What's everyone got that is being stoned off and on?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rather than spend the time recoding em back to static spots, I really really really wish the dev team would bump the loot and stuff up to where it is equal to the shame loot! Playing a t hunter is something I like more than anything in the game right now, but its a dedicated char slot, for sure. And it loots platemail chests with resists in single digits and some low level mod...junk weapons, been a while since I found anything worth keeping, it's all just taken straight to the unraveller now, without even lookin at it....

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rather than spend the time recoding em back to static spots, I really really really wish the dev team would bump the loot and stuff up to where it is equal to the shame loot! Playing a t hunter is something I like more than anything in the game right now, but its a dedicated char slot, for sure. And it loots platemail chests with resists in single digits and some low level mod...junk weapons, been a while since I found anything worth keeping, it's all just taken straight to the unraveller now, without even lookin at it....
This!

Even with the rare alacrity scroll i find (most of them are for stupid skills like Taste ID and Remove trap anyhow), the loot itself is hardly worth the trouble. Just stuff for me to unravel when i get back for the most part.

By the way, i just realized that EC=Enhanced Client

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And you'd still be WRONG for many people.

Most my maps are showing up A SCREEN AWAY from the pin to the East, when I finally dig, and the north/south axis might be off, just not as much as East/West - and the amount off differs from map to map. It takes my GM miner sometimes as much as FIFTEEN minutes to find a map. I couldn't find a map AT ALL within an HOUR without mining, searching for 2 screens in every direction from every part of the pin. A couple times (with mining), just standing off at a distance from where the map SHOULD be, I made a test dig, and BY ACCIDENT found the map - one of the times, it was on an Ilshenar level 7 in the upper part of the Valor champ spawn (the only reason I tried was I didn't want to get near the paragon greater dragon near where the pin was, NOT because I thought I would actually find the chest there).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This!

Even with the rare alacrity scroll i find (most of them are for stupid skills like Taste ID and Remove trap anyhow), the loot itself is hardly worth the trouble. Just stuff for me to unravel when i get back for the most part.

By the way, i just realized that EC=Enhanced Client
That's one of the things that should change. The pinks and blues should have taste id, item id, camping, the unused skills to stop spawning, period. Ya work an Ilshenar spawn to death, and when ya take stock, you have a item id, a camping, a snooping, it really doesn't make sense to keep em in the skills list, much less dropping scrolls for em!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
petra posted before that the location from the pin is that you draw a square around the pin and the spot is mid way down the right side line.

that grelin needs a spankin too.

I would like to know if my vampire coffin goes poof when you fail lockpicking !!
well i do save every master key for those top chests. (master key = automatic unlock)

soloing them isnt that hard. if you have a buddy then all the easier.

does the EC show you everything in the chest at once? so that you dont have to take everything out to see whats in the bottom?

they could just add a special roll for a random few shame loots would be nice.
maybe the same for shipwreck chests too.

C

Conrad

I like the changes, but I agree--the changes needed to extend to the loot as well. Perhaps a steeper increase in property intensities with higher level chests.

To me, it seems that the Devs have been actually thinking about the changes, but I think they have a different goal then some of the players--realism and reason. Think about the example here--reading a map recovered from the battered, bloody corpse of some monster, locating the actual location (perhaps the the person that made the map wasn't a GM Cartographer!) and then digging it up. It stands to reason that the person doing so would need some skill in reading the rudimentary/obfuscating maps they have found, that they would have some skill in understanding where people bury things and the best way to go about digging things up. Now think about the fact that you are trying to find something that was buried so as to make it hard to find. They made it hard to find by making the map inaccurate, as it might be in "real life". Real-life treasure hunting is just as hit-or-miss, if not more so--at least you got a map.

The Devs also made it a requirement that you simply have all these skills--finding, digging, picking, opening and dying/fighting/fleeing--in order to actually succeed. They also do not require one person to have all these skills--in fact, they make it difficult to do so. Perhaps this is what they meant by contributing to "community"--the higher level maps require groups and cooperation to complete.

Also, for some, the act of acquiring something is the goal, not the item acquired.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I totally agree about the loot. Sadly they supposedly "fixed" loot on T-Maps and MIB's but you wouldn't hardly know it by looking. Most of the stuff I look over is total garbage and I don't even loot it. I take the good stuff, SoA, SoT, Regs, Gems (always Gems) and any bonus items like the vines and Imbuing ingredients. I wish they had more gems but well that's just me. I hate it that I get anywhere from 2 to 10 wands... it's like WTF?????? Can't even sell half those to the mages. Often if I am doing T-Maps for RP to "raise Money" for like the starving citizens I just grab everything from the chest and sell it to the vendors but you can't sell half the jewelery because for YEARS ever since they made the more iron colored jewelery the Jewelers won't buy it, that bug has been in game for YEARS. NO vendors will buy bone armor yet we can craft it now... but no vendor will buy it... you can't sell half the wands to the mages... and no vendors will buy masks of any sort. You have to sell SA items in Ter Mur only because crafters in Britain won't buy that gargish stuff.

These things have been issues for years yet they go unaddressed. This is another system I'd like to see overhauled AGAIN.

Vendors need an overhaul as well.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My treasure hunter has no mining and initially I hated this change I have gotten used to it. Some maps where there is uneven ground may present a problem but I am on a long string of finding every single map. I have adapted. However if they made it like SOS with the coordinates on the map that would be so awesome.:D

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Geez I have been doing 10-20 maps most days with 80 or 81 mining and I often times find the treasure in the first dig, I think I timed myself and was doing level 2 and 3 maps within 3 minutes or less. Love the re tattering as I cant be bothered doing a map in a swamp or high nuisance spawn area and just box them and try again. Agree with the over load of garbage skill SoA but perhaps thats why the decent ones are worth what the are.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cupid, it takes me longer to find lower level maps than it does to empty them. I went from being able to do 10-12 level 1-2 maps an hour to being able to do maybe 4-5, with 40+ minutes of the hour being finding the chests. That's with GM mining. Lower level maps should be easier to find than they are currently.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, I've made a poll for gripes about T-maps; please vote.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have many hundreds of t-maps just sitting in my house. It taes so long to locate the chests that I cannot get motivated to keep training mt t-hunter and dig up the chests. I am going to try the EC again, but hae never had much luck with it on my laptops.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*shakes head* I know lets just do away with that all together and not do T-Maps. I mean it's not that bad. Some of you just want to cut to the end but you want to do nothing for it? Seems to me that half the fun of T-Hunting is in the discovery of the treasure. Am I alone? I actually take pride in being able to find and get to a T-Map now.

I mean before you recalled to the spot and tada! No brainer. I actually like needing to be skilled to T-Hunt. I don't ever want to go back to that. I happen to enjoy the "hunt".

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shakes head* I know lets just do away with that all together and not do T-Maps. I mean it's not that bad. Some of you just want to cut to the end but you want to do nothing for it? Seems to me that half the fun of T-Hunting is in the discovery of the treasure. Am I alone? I actually take pride in being able to find and get to a T-Map now.

I mean before you recalled to the spot and tada! No brainer. I actually like needing to be skilled to T-Hunt. I don't ever want to go back to that. I happen to enjoy the "hunt".
That's fine but if you're going to have somethign ingame that takes 20-30 minutes to find then another 20-30 to clear the spawn i'd like a bit more out of it than what's currently in the chest, it's incredibly boring wandering around for that long...double click shovel....double click map....double click ground....nope....move one tile...do it again. Mining makes it a lot easier but still chests are often so far away from the pin even at GM mining they can take some time to find, I almost have to wonder if there's a bug with tmaps though that only some of us are experiencing as it sounds like not everyone finds them away from where they "should" be using the triangle method on the pin + head.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 lens magnifyers used for stamp collecting and gems to see the map location and I truly try to match it to location... but in this day and age who has time to hunt and peck a map location do death to get the chest before you die of bordom! Or in my case eye strain! Is it too much to ask for the cordinates once you decode the map??
I dont mind the maps changing locations ... I dont like but can put up with my lock picks breaking.... and I'll stomp that little gremlin who has the audascity to loot my chest if I dont get the lock on the first try... (though I'd love to put him in the office of the guy who thought him up and see how he likes having his stuff stolen and having to chase the little buggers tush!) And I will put up with walking in ish...(would it hurt too much to have some recalling available??) thought I hate to walk infront of my GD.... I hate to walk !!! I want my mare under my tush please. But I refuse to be a guinnie piggie on finding them bloody pin points that are so off the mark you end up pulling your hair and cursing the intelegence of the artist who thought up this asinine system with colorfull languarge in 6 dialects. Stroke or not this system sux... :sad3:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 lens magnifyers used for stamp collecting and gems to see the map location and I truly try to match it to location... but in this day and age who has time to hunt and peck a map location do death to get the chest before you die of bordom! Or in my case eye strain! Is it too much to ask for the cordinates once you decode the map??
I am right there with you Mi'lady, eye strain is exactly why I don't do maps anymore or use EC.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a treasure map drawn by an unskilled person. Loot vary from family belongings hid from raiding orcs that couldn't decifer the map. To real buried treasure hoard belonging to the powerful and evil. A T-map is not a gas station road atlas to the unlocked back door to Fort Knox. Easy button UO would be decode a map and for 30 minutes a flashing neon blinking arrow with "dig here" on it shows up at the pin location. Or decode the map and Lassie shows up " Where is the treasure girl?" " Woof, woof woof grrrrrr."

True the gear loot is lacking. 500 point cap or just having all chest loot spawn 255 durability would make a difference. Did once get a 6 mod ring they would of never put into the game as an artifact drop loot. Few nights ago an undead slayer 6 mod repeting crossbow that will wait till I get an enhance cheat tool.

Would help to have map zoom on many maps to see the tree terrain placement better.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno. I seem to be the odd man out but I always thought that mining should be required for treasure hunting and that level 3 chests and higher should have a magical lock that is impervious to telekenesis. *shrugs*

Actually, my preference would be that using telekenesis on a chest destroyed %10 of the gold, items and reags from the chest to give an incentive to have disarm. I'd take either though.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno. I seem to be the odd man out but I always thought that mining should be required for treasure hunting and that level 3 chests and higher should have a magical lock that is impervious to telekenesis. *shrugs*

Actually, my preference would be that using telekenesis on a chest destroyed %10 of the gold, items and reags from the chest to give an incentive to have disarm. I'd take either though.
just interesting note on that, on siege telekenesis can't open chests, it's something that was changed here long long ago as it was considered too "cheap" of a way to open them, should really be applied on all shards.

Though with new armor and hp levels nobody here even botheres with remove trap either, you don't really talke all that much damage in a full 70's suit when you throw the lid open.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even more reason why there should be some deterrent for just opening them. If you don't pick the lock then it has to be assumed you are breaking it when you just open them. This should cause the loss of some of the items inside IMO. This has nothing to do with the fact that the chest loot should be manipulated in a way to make it useful and unique. For the most part I think that it is but it would be nice to see a quarterly change of the special items in those. We really need more dynamic looting tables in the game.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing wrong with THunting as a system. It offers good rewards that can not be obtained anywhere else, and a good mix of rewards. The loot system will receive an overhaul as they deploy the Shame and Wrong systems out across the game. That will leave only the question of MArties, well actually the whole artifact system will be in question perhaps. I still find them a fun diversion, but I stopped doing lower level maps a long time ago. The 30 day reroll is functioning exactly as intended in that no map is ever "worthless" anymore due to its location.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cupid, it takes me longer to find lower level maps than it does to empty them. I went from being able to do 10-12 level 1-2 maps an hour to being able to do maybe 4-5, with 40+ minutes of the hour being finding the chests. That's with GM mining. Lower level maps should be easier to find than they are currently.
Well unfortunately I have stopped unloading the chests once the Shame loot made it all look so feeble, now with the EC and the loot in little boxes when you open the chest all the good stuff is at the top, I just grab the gold,scrolls,gems,treats,picks, and essences, I dont look at the magic stuff anymore. And actually I always expect to find the chest in the very first dig and I am disapointed if I dont start to immediatly dig, also I do most of my maps in malas as the areas are easily identifiable.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Siege P t hunter - GM al things needed for popin a chest on that shard. Smity is very old and works fine. While It is a nice system it makes the chracter a one trick pony.
These days as many here have pointed out that their needs of a multi phase character is more the point. 720 skill points is a limiting thing for this.

But back to the point of this op's post.
Maps many find the loot bad... the regs and gems lacking... and the time and bad location pictured a bit much.
in 97 I was the guild's T hunter. I was so wanted I was on loan to the various guilds on shard alot! When I have a castle exclusivly to t maps and one to SoS's you can surmiize that I was a serious hunter. Stroke made my eyes and brain sensitive to the EC and the small maps. This system is not busted but needs a tiny bit of tweeking.
1. After decoding add in the X,y, 's in so people like me can do them again.
2. Up the loot.. come on the tons of junk in a chest is being left behind making it a waste of the dev time who made the prgm in the first place.
3. Add in ML ingredience to the mix, and perhaps upgrade the prize package.
4. Ajust the initial spawn when a chest apears, 6 GD's 1 AW,and a Balron do not make for freindly players after it opens...if you get my drift. (7s are worse at times hd one with 4 frost ...not fun)
5. I'd like to see the Thanksgiving Turkey Maps style directions apon use of the shoval.
I hate hitting a brick wall.... :scholar:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would be EXTREMELY happy to have ML ingredients added to the Treasure Chests. That I will agree with. I also think that when doing level 6 maps in Malas I should get Mini Arti's that are say with the ML Expansion..... in Tokuno I should get I should get the mini Tokuno Arties, in Ter Mur I should get Ter Mur related Mini Arties... and in Illsh I should get a good combination... Just saying...changing these things would add a LOT to the game.

I also agree about the Turkey Map Directions.

I'd like to see the loot drastically improved.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Telekenesis used on a chest and explodes. Have it like a champ gold drop. The chest goes boom and the loot is tossed 360 around the chest 15 spaces out. Could even toss in a 10% per item check it is destroyed. Could make while doing the 10% destroy check a guardian spawn per item check. Now there is a drive for some group Thunting. For the fighters brought as backup have a loot on the chest spawned like a new Marty imbuable or paragon style guardian chest. Bring back the infested effect on chest spawned guardians from exploding the chest. Not that the skill Remove Trap is useless. There is no hazzard to aviod as a soloist. Not to mention the need for 24 hour timer on the soulstones to be turned back on.

S

Sevin0oo0

VARIOUS posters from above said:
Or decode the map and Lassie shows up
I always thought that mining should be required
nobody here even botheres with remove trap either
Thanksgiving Turkey Maps style
As an ex-T-mapper I always wondered why Tmaps weren't like an SOS in the sense the spawn is spread out in a circular area from the pinpoint, maybe not Lassie, but things more sinister. I can imagine some being trapped inside the chest, but many all on the same tile is hardly believable. Why are they always the same? Predictable is almost boring. Why does it always have to be a long, drawn out battle?

I'm pretty sure anyone can use a shovel, duh, remember a quest where one part had you digging for bones? and most have used a sextant, so we already know how to navigate, find cities and locations. Simpler, so more people can play, why ultimately require a whole template, possible with 3-5 skills just to find the general area and dig?

oh yeah, i flushed remove trap skill, Lame (but instead of being creative, a typical Dev response will be to add Armor Ignore to the trap's damage), I think should be auto-incorporated in lockpick as special ability(S), not a separate skill, preserving minimum requirements to enjoy the profession.

Many posters have stated they like the Turkey style locator, while an audible locator seems kinda cheesy, if the 'pull-up' distance was increased, along with a distributed spawn, this might be an acceptable alternative to build upon.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some weeks ago I came across some runebooks filled with marked runes labeled with numbers in someone's house. When I asked about them I was told about the old fixed t-map location system. That must have been quite handy.

I made a t-hunter a few months ago and originally had no mining skill. I found it very difficult to find the chests. Some chests were never found at all. No chest was ever where the pin on the map said it was.

Now I run my t-hunter with 51 mining (two tile radius) I have, with practice, become much more skilled in locating the chests. I have not lost one in a long time. It rarely takes more than about five minutes to find it and dig.

It wouldn't bother me if they changed the locations system so that mining could be dropped without penalty, but I don't think it is that big a deal.

The loot is the bigger problem. Seriously, why fill a chest with so much junk? Who would waste the time and energy burying it and drawing a map to it?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I would like to see added to T-Map loot is either a higher chance of 100% Elemental Weapons appearing in the Chest or some "ointment of transmutation" that can be applied to weapons to alter/increase their Elemental make up.

T

TheRealStudly

i see alot of good suddgestions here , i am back from a 7 year vacation and was a little miffed to learn my rune library is pretty usless now . and as for using the map to zoom in and find your location ? not as accurate as some of you make it sound . i must be cross eyed because they are never where they look like they should be. i zoom my uo map down to match the same size as my t map and wal untill i am in the same spot . no wi have only done around 20 maps in the 2 weeks i have been back but i have not found 1 imediatly. and even had to call a friend in to ask advice on 2 of them and he found both fast , but they looked way off the mark to me.
and i agree loot is worse then it was 7 yrs ago. i grab gold and imbue materials and leave the rest 9/10 times.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The libary is not totaly useless.... Many maps are very close to old spots soo if your fermiliar with the lands the libary is quite handy at least for Fel and Tram. WB kiddo!!!
As for the loot....... They did change it a bit ... not good but it was a change... Unlike the rest of you I loot it all and dump it in the imbures box and unravel it all... the regs and bits have come in handy as usual but as I said before they really should add to the sos and t map chests the ml ingredience too (forgive spelling eyes blurry from painting miniture terrain) I have to agree with all the loot is 99% junk. It is rare to find good piece in the lot... and its mediocure at best then.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the faq on using the screen shot method and don't have automap and don't know if it's even available. Does the screen shot method work using Mapper? Thank you in advance.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done over a hundred maps on all facets in the last couple of weeks. Only one map was in an inaccessible place. One Malas map plotted out in the middle of the void just off the coast. Some maps were quite near homes or large trees where you had to use circle of transparancy. All in all, at least for me, the present system is working great.