• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do 20 normal weapon BODS (6parts) really have a PoF chance?

G

I have turned in many but have never gotten PoF so far.
I tried the swords, axes, maces but never the fencing (since they are 5 part i think).
Could someone give a final answer to this?

Thank you very much!

Hephaistos of Europa

G

thanks a lot!
This means the fencing one does not have a PoF chance I assume?

I am only asking cause I heard stories they give PoF as well....

Hephaistos of Europa

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's a bit of mystery on this....

Originally, a dev told ToR that the Fencing & 6-part bonus values were reversed on the chart for the Knowledge base. So they reversed the numbers, and show that the 6-parters get the POF chance.

Other people have sworn that the numbers aren't switched.

Strangely, in the month Great Pumpkinator released the first version of his BOD calculator, he got POF from his fencing, and gloves from a 6-parter, when I got POF from a 6-parter, and had long before given up filling the Fencing ones because of getting gloves.

I've been trying to fill both, ever since then, to see which is right, but out of 4 fencing & 10 6-parters so far, I've only gotten PTs & GPA, which can occur from EITHER result.

So, there's multiple possibilities.

1. the charts are both wrong, and that there is a chance of getting powder from both.
2. ToR is right
3. the KB is right (and hence, the stratics calculators are as well)
4. ToR was right for 3 years, then some dev noticed the code was different from the KB, and "fixed" the code to match the KB.
5. (and, somehow I feel this is more likely, no matter how improbable it may be) Something is wrong with the code and either result may occur, OR it may differ from shard to shard.

I just wish we knew which dev it was that told ToR their info...

G

To my knowlage, no dev gave ToR thier info. I have been visiting that site for many years, actually since just after the introduction of BOD's, and I remember way back when, TOR was actually amasing data on rewards from the players. Many of the reward charts were incomplete, because no one had gotten the BOD's and turned them in for rewards yet.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "100% explored!" not at the top of the Smith table, also said "(Thanks Devs!)" for about a year or two, when it transitioned from 99% to 100%, after being stuck at 99% for over a year.

G

HHmmm, I guess when I get my smith to GM, I will start to do my collection of BODs and help you to see if we can get a POF off the large 6 piece BOD.

A

Avalonia

I fail to see why it matters.

Seriously, are you going to waste 6 easily turned in bods that all give you a decent chance to get a bod that doesn't suck just so you can fill a large to get a 20% chance at POF?

Turn in 6 small iron bods at 120 smithy and you are probably going to get at least 1 colored bod and if that is a small only and exceptional then its a good chance that it will give you a better chance at POF then the 6 piece did. If you manage to get 6 colored bods from 6 iron bods then you have greatly increased your chances at POF in most cases.

All iron larges are pointless to do (including weapons and platemail). There is absolutely no reason for them other than to decorate the trash bin. You should be filling small iron bods to turn them in for other bods not to fill large bods.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We've already established why it matters, in the need to actually HAVE this thread, and the fact it has gone on so long without your input. But, to counter your attempts to demean other's playstyles......

1. Not everyone has the same playstyle as you. Some players, especially less experienced ones, might wish to have the large BOD's gold reward, than 6 new BODs. It's not as much an issue now, but there were times before the ability to "BOD cycle" where filling a few large Iron weapon BODs actually gave me enough insurance money to risk mining in certain areas - especially when I ended up with some PoF to sell to a guildmate that gave me another 75-100k.

2. It's currently a matter of clearing up a part of the various BOD point-system-based charts where there is dispute, so there's an academic reason. Whether someone will typically fill it in practice is moot, for the purposes of our inquiry. I feel pretty confident that most of us testing it won't fill another one of these larges, once we actually get the test results in - and we have to do it the hard way, since we can't request multiples of every BOD on Test Center and brute force it.

3. Not all iron larges are pointless.
a. The 15 Exceptional Plate large is one of the few (and the cheapest, unless you luck into a 15-count exceptional gold or agapite BOD you don't want for a large) to fill for the chance of a colored anvil deed (and those still sell for 200-500k last I checked).
a. The 20 Exceptional Polearm BOD is a 90% chance of Powder of Fortifying, and last I checked 760 Iron costs a lot less (and is easier to mine) than the DC, Shadow, Gold or Agapite ingots needed to fill the single-bod chances with colored BODs - and with the mining changes, it is often hard to justify "wasting" colored ingots on a POF that you are just as likely to need for a small to fit a large with a much more valuable reward.

If you're done spit-shining your footwear with your tonsils, please find some other thread in some other forum to attempt to derail.