• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Distress about the kings rule....change has to happen...(R.A.S)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
*Calls a realms messenger to dispatch letter to all Lord and Miladys*
**MESSAGE TO ALL CITY GOVERNORS**

*Copy from Guild Archives*
Hand of Drake IronHeart
Dear Guild Event Scroll,
Early Morning of the Crying Lich, 2nd Crescent of the Moon,

I have just been informed by my wonderful wife Kalimana Zuya, that are beloved King Blackthorn, is making alliances with birds now.... and allowing them to stay in Britain..... I wish I had attended that meeting but was to busy looking after my brother Zaptor, who had a severe alcohol poisoning... he is getting old.... *sighs*
Not even when I warned him to prepare a pre-emptive strike did he hear me out... there is something seriously wrong with this king....
As a citizen of Britain, is think that is just horrendous of the King to put such vermin so close to our women and young kids... especially if they attack people and eat all the flesh of the body, as the king had said in the meeting....
Our King needs serious counselling, and I think some of the Governor are starting to wonder if the king is capable of holding the realm together.... maybe we could be better with out him..... I wonder if the Governors would think the same... Its only getting bloodier each time we go defend him....
And to not get me started on the realms Priest (Cant remember his name), Kalimana, had to see his death first hand as she was trying to kill all the vermin foes that attacked the realm defenders.... she is having recurring nightmares... its something to kill an enemy, but to see a close one die.... not so easy....
Indeed action must take place, I call upon the realms lords and City Councellors to hear me out....

Maybe next meeting the King will have a few things to answer to me.... meanwhile lets nurse this poor old fella of Zaptor to his normal self....

Drake IronHeart
Esquire of Britain

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we now as children to be frightened by a few birds?. Half of the population have pets and many of them are far more to be feared than Ravens. It is not uncommon to see a citizen wandering through our city streets closely followed by a Greater Dragon. Hiryus, White Wyrms, Nightmares, Cu Sidhes, Firesteeds, Rune Beetles, Bane Dragons and Dread Warhorses are all seen with their owners. These are their pets and friends and they obey commands. The citizens find nothing odd in this yet the King has a Raven friend and suddenly this is a matter of concern?.

Contrary to this post Ravens are not vermin, it could be said that they perform a useful function in cleaning the realm of decaying things and in doing so help prevent the possible spread of disease. They offer no threat, they are not predators. I myself have spoken to their King, he is intelligent and can converse with reason.

I have no knowledge of Ravens attacking anybody and I greatly doubt any statement to the contrary. Has any reader ever seen such an attack? or know anybody who has?. I very much doubt it. Ravens do not cause conflict, they simply perform their natural function afterwards.

As to their location the tower is on the outskirts of Britain and is far enough away from other buildings that even their incessant cackle is unlikely to annoy anyone.

Regarding the legend that if the ravens were to leave the Kingdom will fall, whilst this possibly has no basis, why take the chance?, the ravens themselves offer no threat, leave them be.

it is of interest that in a far off land where the same legend held sway, during a second great conflict the ravens did indeed leave the tower wherin they were housed. The Empire of the country concerned did then begin to break up. Coincidence? maybe, who knows?.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall, during Lord Casca's rule, people defended him with as much passion too Lord Bobar.

I agree with Drake.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With regard to 'King' Casca, very shortly after his self-appointment to that role and before any evidence at all against him I posted in the forums under the heading 'What's in a name?' and pointed out his name being synonymous with treachery and assassination and stated I would be watching him very closely. A touch of prescience here bearing in mind what transpired later?.

Our new King has yet to display traits similar to Casca and does not therefore deserve to be mentioned in the same context. Sure he has made mistakes, HUMANS do, but he has also apologised for them and castigated himself for his pride. I am no great lover of Chaos myself, I prefer the old virtues, yet I make no apologies for loyalty to our King, I support him.

I do NOT agree with Drake.

Lord Sparrow, Duke of Moonglow.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My fellow Governors, Citizens of the realm.
I can understand this feeling drake has toward Blackthorn our king, ive had much the same...feelings, but like it or not until such a time dictates he is our king that much at least is understood. I also understand bobars point of view in that yes King Blackthorn has castigated himself in front of all of us..not an easy thing by any stretch for any man or person of Royalty to do. However the bane of contention seems to be this legend that if the ravens leave Britain will fall, well my fellow Britannians; Britain has survived nay thrived for years including when the raiders hit they were beaten back vigorously and with extreme prejudice. I for one do not believe in superstitions including most legends, including this one about ravens.
However if I may entreat a suggestion, and to end these legends once and for all, I would call on King Blackthorn to invite this "Raven King" to a meeting with us.

Sincerely,
Aragorn
Governor of New Magincia

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Callum sat and smiled reading the intercepted post. Always the cities lived in Chaos but thought it was Law. Never in agreement. Nothing changes. He walked over to the various reports from the Dark Cloaks and read a couple and chuckled to himself. Shame they have left, he mused, they would have loved all this.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
*Reads messages and replies from fellow Lords*

*Calls realm scribe and messenger*

**MESSAGE FOR ALL REALM LORDS AND GOVERNORS**

*Copy from Guild Archives*
From the hand of Drake IronHeart,
Midday of the dying Horse, 3rd Crescent of the Moon,

Hello Realm Lords,
It seems some of us have different views in this matter.... There is no easy way forward in this case. Yes, they are part of life's cycle by clearing the land of death bodies and disease, but we can still achieve that without having them in the city....
I am still dubious about our Kings intentions for the health and well-being of the Realm, I agree with Governor Aragorn to petition the King to make a meeting between Us and the Raven King....
And make our minds by ourselves without the Kings hand guiding our thoughts... even if he thinks he makes it in our best intentions....
I have grown up from the teachings from my Father GROO, in his time he was sworn to fight off the Invasion by King Blackthorn.....
I am different to him and I can forgive passed sins and give second opportunities, but isn't the same story starting to happen, our King is losing his mind and putting us in harms way....
I am strong minded to ask all the Governors and Realm Lords, to consider to ask the Ravens to leave Britain after the meeting with the Raven King, like said before by Aragorn, we have fought harder and stronger enemies in passed times, Why are we so keen to keep this vile pets of our King in a city surrounded by our women and kids....
They King has shown great pride to listen us out.... A true leader King is only as strong as the people that back him up and protect him...... I think his love for the Chaos Virtue is judging his view on the realm. I petition Lords and Milady's to please question authority in times of chaos and death... As a servant to the realm I cannot attack or plot against our King, as that would result in Treachery in my behalf.... but I can enlighten of views in the situation.
I am just worried about the well-being of my family and friend, that is why I weight my thoughts soo much....
Thanks for taking you time reading this, hopefully we can find a solution soon and calm the minds of the realm.

Regards,
Drake IronHeart

*Orders realm messenger to go out to all lords and ladies to deliver the message*