• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Dissapearing Items...chest

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Hello Guys,

I was currently helping my friend move houses.We got all items onto a bettle and we went to his house and when he put it on the floor to lock down the chest dissapeared, with all his T Maps and SOS.......

Does anybody know why or how or anything, its not an 18x18 or custom house so he cannot Csutomize and all items not locked down and kicked outta the house. So can someone help me

Thanks

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it public by any chance? If it is could be a stealther.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thought, as Bobar says, is a stealthed character waited and grabbed them.... always a possibility if the house is public. You can check using the detect hidden ability and in your own house, that will reveal anyone hidden, though sadly it may be a bit late to let you know that now :(

Any idea roughly how many maps were lost, and what level? I have a few around I am never going to use, so we can maybe replace what was lost, at least......

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Well Aurelius, it was Astinus, T map chest..... What a shame really, as we moved it all, and then for that to happen. Although I recall Astinus, making me friend of the house, so the stelthier might be ruled out.... I will have to ask....

Could it be, that the chest was part of a PARAGON from High seas exp?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Aurelius, it was Astinus, T map chest..... What a shame really, as we moved it all, and then for that to happen. Although I recall Astinus, making me friend of the house, so the stelthier might be ruled out.... I will have to ask....

Could it be, that the chest was part of a PARAGON from High seas exp?
There's a long-running suspicion about some of the metal paragon chests, but that's always been that the things stored in them can, very rarely, vanish - I've never heard anyone mention that the chest itself vanishes, only the contents.

DJAd's idea would work if the chest 'fell under' something and was hidden from view - I suspect it's too late now though as an unsecured item would decay after a while (I'm fairly sure it's meant to be 3 hours) so by now, the chest would be gone.

You can be friended to either private or public houses, I have a couple of public houses where friends are given access to chests and containers, the important question is the status of the house. If private, then it can't have been a stealther hiding there to steal things unless they had been given access by the owner - but a public setting house, anyone can go in and hide, and then grab things that are not secure. One favourite tactic of the nastier little thieves is when they learn of someone moving houses, they hide and wait in the old place to grab anything the owner unlocks to move to the new place.

They are a tiny few who pull these tricks, but sadly they exist......

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you trying to place on an upper floor? There's a bug with many of the older Classical style homes where items dropped actually target a crate or container on the floor below, and the item goes inside of that instead of onto the floor where you aim it. If so, check all the chests below where you were.

It's especially noticeable in castles or keeps, where you often have to stand two squares away from the target square to place, or even put the item into a box in your backpack, and then chop the box to drop the item at your feet. In my own castle, the raised chests in the bottom left tower made decorating the floor above it impossible unless I used the chop box...

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had this in my castle i had a secure chest only open to me and it had slither and garb in only both items have gone and chest is empty

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had this in my castle i had a secure chest only open to me and it had slither and garb in only both items have gone and chest is empty
I had a chest in my castle week or two ago. 5 valorite runics inside. Gone now. Only accessible by my characters.