• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion of looting/drop rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why does it seem like the same people get drops at the events all the time? not trying to offend anyone but it does seem odd and at the very least doesnt help the community one bit.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Because it is based on damage done. The same players that seem (yes, only seem) to get them all the time are hitting for a TON of damage. There are spellweavers who are hitting for 1800+ with WoD, Sampires and other Melee hitting for what 400 each hit the entire duration of the fight. I have been lucky to get some, but have been to WAY more that all I got was death robes.

Just wish I had hit for enough damage tonight... I have statue issues lol

Last edited:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kylie is correct, partially. There is also a healing element to the equation, I know a lot of people both heal and damage for maximum points in the formula.

If you want to research it a bit, there is prob a write up here on stratics on the "Top Attacker Script" I think they call it?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahh... yeah. I always forget about the healer aspect of it. Maybe one day I will get out of my offensive mindset hehe

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
funny they dont post these numbers any where and they dont make the drop public. Just found out 3 people got 2 items each last night. the system is obviously broke. I dont care if they do more dmg or heal for more, which btw wasnt true this past time. a certain person was dead for half the first boss and half the second boss. he then got two drops. EM events should be about community (bringing people together) the drops and who they drop too only discourage people from coming back. The system is broken and it needs to be addressed. At the very least lie to me and make the dmg and healing numbers public. Then post who got the drops and congratulate them. The secrecy is only spawning more doubt the the honesty of our EMs or Dev staff.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
funny they dont post these numbers any where
Really? Huh... You may want to check this post ( http://stratics.com/community/threads/bennus-event-item-reward-list.286805/ ) and then recant that part. I would imagine EM Taweret will follow suit once she is up and running all the way. Keep in mind this was only her second solo event.

they dont make the drop public.
They have in the past done the reward clicky type deal. Secondly, if you are referring to not leaving the "drop" on the corpse there were WAYYYY more voices on the side of wanting the drops to drop IN the pack of those who earned them versus those who wanted to leave the drop on the corpse.

Just found out 3 people got 2 items each last night. the system is obviously broke.
Last nights event had 2 main bosses. During the "debrief" at EM Hall after the battle EM Taweret let it be known that half of the NICE statues were on one boss and half on the other. That being the case it would be rather easy for someone to get 2 drops in one night. (yeah, not the best possible scenario I will agree but nothing suspicious there at all)

EM events should be about community (bringing people together) the drops and who they drop too only discourage people from coming back. The system is broken and it needs to be addressed. At the very least lie to me and make the dmg and healing numbers public. Then post who got the drops and congratulate them. The secrecy is only spawning more doubt the the honesty of our EMs or Dev staff.
EM Events ARE about community. The overwhelming majority are there for fun and realize IF they get a drop it is just icing on the cake. It is generally those who are there solely for the item (hoping to "hit the UO Lottery") who gripe and complain all the time about it. There is nothing wrong with the mindset of being there solely for that reason though. IF that is why you attend EM Events then work on your suit to increase the damage (or increase the speed, effectiveness or heals) you do so you can be in the top attacker list.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Really? Huh... You may want to check this post ( http://stratics.com/community/threads/bennus-event-item-reward-list.286805/ ) and then recant that part. I would imagine EM Taweret will follow suit once she is up and running all the way. Keep in mind this was only her second solo event."

Those are drop numbers not dmg or healing numbers.

"They have in the past done the reward clicky type deal. Secondly, if you are referring to not leaving the "drop" on the corpse there were WAYYYY more voices on the side of wanting the drops to drop IN the pack of those who earned them versus those who wanted to leave the drop on the corpse."

I meant as in who (what toon) got the drop.

"Last nights event had 2 main bosses. During the "debrief" at EM Hall after the battle EM Taweret let it be known that half of the NICE statues were on one boss and half on the other. That being the case it would be rather easy for someone to get 2 drops in one night. (yeah, not the best possible scenario I will agree but nothing suspicious there at all)"

funny you left out the part in my quote where i said one of the people that got 2 drops in one night was dead half the time on both bosses.

In summary, I want you to realize i love doing events. They are fun and bring people together. I just think the system is broken for several reasons.

1. dmg and heal reports arent public.
2. the same people are getting items over and over again.
3. the people getting the event drops should be congratulated and made public.

with out the EMs giving us all the information how are we expected to get better at doing the event? how do we know who to ask in game on how to get better? there is way to much mystery in how to get an item and it is easy to assume that EMs or devs or players are cheating. If you want the majority of us to believe that these drops are based of dmg or healing then publish the report to prove it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would imagine they do not post what char got the drop because they do not even know themselves *shrugs*. I also do not know if they have a report (or log) on what char did what damage (or healing points) on which characters. Even if they did have these reports I personally would rather them spend their time working on their story lines etc than gathering the info, and publishing it to squash conspiracy theory type issues.

The other issue I would have with your request is...
3. the people getting the event drops should be congratulated and made public.
Why should people who prefer privacy be made to lose that privacy?

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want the majority of us to believe...
I don't even have that information, nor do I believe that such 'reports' are so easily generated as you seem to think they are. Nor do I personally believe they are needed.

If you honestly and truly believe that something shady is going on/or that there is a problem with me, Taweret or the EM program as a whole. I highly encourage you to email Mesanna the producer of the game at [email protected] and she will investigate the situation wholeheartedly I assure you. I think that you will find that as far as honesty, integrity and fairness, I personally rank rather high, I take my responsibility very seriously... not only to the Players of Atlantic but to EA Mythic as well.

I like what Kylie said... if you are only attending events for items, work on your suit and your skills and work to understand the system to improve your odds.

If you are there for the fiction and the event then interact and enjoy it.

If however you are there for both (I think the majority of folks are in this category) then do all of the above.

If you believe the current system is unfair, then talk to someone who has the power to make decisions and changes... I am not that person. That is above my pay grade.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when running an event you have no clue who is getting a drop? So when you are creating the event you just assign a drop to happen at the end of the monsters death or assign a number of drops to a clickable statue?

My point is I have no clue on how to work on getting better at getting these drops if there is no information as to how to do so.

A Report of dmg or healing information or at the very least a list of drop winners would give me a clue as how to proceed.

Again I love the events, im glad the game is still alive and well enough to have functions like this. Im just trying to figure out what the parameters of qualification are for the drops. Something in writing would be great.

If what you say is true and the drops are based off of dmg and or healing, then the game obviously some how takes record of that. I think it is only fair to all of us if that information was revealed to us at least after the event so we could better prepare for the next.

Thanks for listening to me rant.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow.. is all I can say. I play on 4 different shards and attend events on all of them.

Has the game and the people who play it really blinded by greed? All through the new posts from a few days, All I've seen is basically 'Why am I not getting a drop'.... 'This system is broke'..... 'Give me more items'.......'You're a bad EM because I got no drop'...........

I believe that NO ONE but a select few really know what Events Items are even for. They aren't created so you can have a quick way to make billions upon billions.

EVENT ITEMS WERE CREATED TO REMEMBER THE EVENT BY.......

I am TIRED of seeing people go to these events and complain and BI_CH because they didn't get a damn drop. This is why I am 1394875849348579% against top damager drops... not because I myself hardly get items.. but because since it was published... we have a new wave of grievers attending the events ONLY FOR THE DAMN DROP. It's sick.

I'm getting to where I don't even want to attend a Crux event... or any Atlantic event for that matter. The complaining and **** like that is going over the edge.

I love the RP.. and thats what people should be going to an event for. Not for the multi-million dollar item. I couldn't care less if tomorrow they implement a new system for events:

NO drops at all...

I among other would still attend every event because, even though a drop is nice every once and a while, it isn't the main reason we go to these events.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but enough is enough.

Someone sold a defender robe from Danica Amandine's trial for what, 1.5Bil...

Yes, there were only 2 robes, but i've seen 1 of 1 items go for less than that.

The reason that robe sold for that much is because EM Bennu, the Greatest Event Moderator I know, works hard and makes his events come to life. He has made a name for the crux ansata. In reality, that robe is only worth 200-300M... but because of the story of the Crux... it turned it into a billion gold piece robe.

To cut it short... if you're only going to events for the drop... don't bring your damn complaining to a public forum.

This isn't directed at you Scribbles, but to everyone in general. I had to listen in vent tonight for 2 damn hours about 'This EM sucks.. wheres the damn boss at already.'

This is also why I feel EM's should have some type of power. We are loosing EM's fast because they are tired of dealing with disrespectful players. Give them the option to squelch or to mute them, heck if it comes down to it, kill the player.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a mess this has become.

You dont need an EM to tell you how to better your character, you should be able to do that yourself. Its PVM, so what do you THINK you need to do? Ill give you some pointers

1. Dexxer? Get an AI Weapon, and make sure you have one for each slayer
2. Learn what slayer type monsters are
3. Hardest hitting weapons? Throwing weapons, AKA, more damage for you to do to a boss. Concerned about mana? Be in wraith form, and make sure you have mana leech
4. Improve your suit
5. A mage? Stable your horse, get those summons out. Make sure you have your slayer books
6. Trouble on your mage? Add taming with a GD, or add SW for Word of Death
7. Want to get points for healing? Heal the pets/players. Fun tip, GD's are tanks, they take ALOT of damage, go ahead and heal the hell out of em. Try to do some damage too
8. Sampires
10. Pay attention

I could go on, but these are all BASIC TIPS, for any PvM encounter in the game. This isnt unique to Events, this is anything. The same pointers can be said for PvP, crafting, or ANYTHING YOU DO in ANY MMO. There is ALWAYS optimal settings or customizations. If you spent less time complaining, and more time learning, youd be better off.

Also, noone has records of who did what as far as damage. Thats all coded in the game itself, its not like the EM's are looking at ever changing spreadsheets. The last system (items on corpses) was abused by scripts that picked up odd items/bags right away (not to mention half the time people could even find the corpse to loot before it got made public). Does the new system have flaws? Yes, but it is the most fair system we have had.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This isnt unique to Events, this is anything.
Right. The same loot distribution "table" that is used for the Champ at Champ Spawns, Peerless Bosses, Mini Champ Renowned's and all other critters in the game is the same loot distribution script that is used for the critters at EM Events. When they first started talking about adding the healing aspect to it there were COUNTLESS threads on Uhall where people discussed it, try searching for some of them to get more info on it as well..... The yea's out weighed the nay's ultimately. It used to be where you could throw a few heals on people when you saw them at half life on a tough critter, but once they implemented the healing aspect some folks started griping at you for healing them and trying to steal their items *shrugs*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread consists of posts moved from the event schedule sticky thread where they were deemed to be inappropriate and hijacking the purpose of the thread.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not the forum for this kind of heated discussions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.