Discorders should flag against blue pets.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Guards protecting discorders is only half the problem. The rest of the problem is that discording blue pets does not flag the discorder. And guess what, not everyone wants to have to keep killing the discorder and getting counts all the time. Not everyone likes getting counts like you apparently do. Some tamers do not prefer to go red, and some do not want to have to log off, switch on their red to kill one bard just to get back on their tamer after that same bard has resed.
yeah, apparently they would much rather jump on stratics and cry.

lets agree to disagree. You think it needs nerfed, I think its fine, EA can decide what needs done. becuase well, they are so awesome at making game changing decisions.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 19, 2004
As for peacing, I'm not sure they fixed the exploit where a group of peacers could keep pets peaced constantly. If they haven't, I'll maybe be glad to not have a peace char lol. My impression with some gate tamers however is that they don't want anything in their way and will make an awful racket about the injustice of risk, even if they're taking none.

Wenchy

It all depends on what you see as a "group". If I came against you and your g-dragon with say,5 legendary peacers,that group of six should wipe the floor against you. I do say "should" because who knows...tamers can spam "all kill" which makes peacing the dragon useless/pointless.

A

Arch Magus

Discorders should flag as attacker, red or blue, period - not just on blues. All the same flagging rules should apply.
This sums it up.

Why is the discussion still continuing? Who could argue against this?
G-Dragons arent the only things getting discorded.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Ok, I have a question.

I don't have a bard, so I am wondering:
Does discord on an un-tamed creature flag you on them, as in considered an attack?

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008

no guards to protect the bard, yeah you take a count, but it was always my understanding that if you didnt want to take counts you dont belong in fel.
That is a more general statement. In UO you are free to do what you want, provided it is within the rules ofc. In felluca people are free to go red or stay blue. It is a choice, but no one should be forced to make this choice, so I cannot agree with the quoted sentence.

R

Radun

/SIGNED

if you can't discord blue pets in tram ruleset, why isn't it an aggressive act in fel ruleset?

p.s. having said that, greater dragons need a pvp nerf too

V

Vyal

I made a post like this some time ago and people called me crazy. All I said was I would be the onyl blue at fel gate surrounded by twenty reds. Granted I would die plenty of times but I could also attack one red lore him into guard zone then kill him while all his other zerg buddies watched or got guard wacked some how some way.

But then along comes the stupid discord peacer as I am right in the middle of a fight with someone. So my pet becomes discorded and peaced starts walkign away and I literraly cant do anything he doesnt listen it just walks out of the guard zone into the blades of the twenty reds waiting for it while discorded he dies and I am left in the guard zone helpless with a gimp little balanced heavy bow and some pots the discorder is sitting there laughing as I die :/

You tell me why that discorder didnt go grey as he attacked my pet cuased it to die and cuased me to die?

I know alot of people gonna cry oooo oooo but dragons are to hard for me, ya your just to stupid to carry a dragon slayer with you.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
/SIGNED

if you can't discord blue pets in tram ruleset, why isn't it an aggressive act in fel ruleset?

Non tamed blue monsters can be discorded without flagging. Tamed blue pets
Can't be discorded in tram becuase its a tram ruleset. Much the same as you can't attack a blue player in tram but can in fel. You view is flawed.

T

Turdnugget

Blesh, how do you propose killing said bard if he/she is guard sitting too? They have no risk of flagging so they can sit in the GZ all day discording any pet that walks through the gate.

Not everyone fights in groups. Not everyone has the ability to sit outside the GZ while 5 reds sit outside and wait due to the reds being ready with omen/para/efields etc because some people are kill on sight.

Typically if there's a group of reds sitting outside the GZ, and I show up on most any of my characters, 95% of the time they will attack/gank. So my only safety to pick them off one by one is by sitting in the GZ and weeding them out, killing them one by one. Now how would a tamer, who is very vulnerable, be able to sit outside the GZ while a bard discords their pet? Sure they can kill the bard, thus flagging the tamer who didn't want to have a free for all attack on the tamer.

I've said it once ,i'll say it again, discord is just like Curse, Clumsy, Feeblemind etc... It's an offensive attack spell/skill and should flag just the same as the others. You don't see a blue mage casting Curse on a GD in the GZ w/out flagging do you? Same idea.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Now, if it is guard whackable i don't care, but they should be able to be attacked by my tamer if they discord my pets. Plain and simple. All I see is naked discoers sitting in the guard zone and running out real quick to discord a pet.

Even if I were to leave the guard zone, most often they are a red group's blue and will generally not be attacked by the reds because they are assisting them, and are often defended by the red group. Also if they leave the GZ and disco my pet, I can't attack them or I'll get a murder count, so they are getting away scott free.

Most everyone will agree this is an exploit and should be fixed, but when?
I don't care about the PvP aspect. I hunt the fel areas and always some jack off discoing my pets being annoying trying to get them and me killed. As for the guy who posted "Keep them in tram where they belong" They were in fel before they were in tram. :p

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
/SIGNED

Non tamed blue monsters can be discorded without flagging. Tamed blue pets
Can't be discorded in tram becuase its a tram ruleset. Much the same as you can't attack a blue player in tram but can in fel. You view is flawed.
Your view is Flawed. By telling him his view if Flawed

You can't attack a blue in tram but in fel turns you grey.

You can't disco/attack a pet in tram but in fel you can and stay blue.

It should be an aggresive attack in fel because it is looked at like that in tram. Thats why you cannot do it. Disco is just like a mage casting curse or weaken or what not on you.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Blesh, how do you propose killing said bard if he/she is guard sitting too? They have no risk of flagging so they can sit in the GZ all day discording any pet that walks through the gate.
But some of those guardzone tamers sit there spamming all kill and nuking reds all day. So I don't think in that case the tamer is in the position to say "the bards should be nerfed" when he's sitting pretty. If the tamer wasn't there in that secure position, the bard would have no need to be there.

Not everyone fights in groups. Not everyone has the ability to sit outside the GZ while 5 reds sit outside and wait due to the reds being ready with omen/para/efields etc because some people are kill on sight.
I don't fight in groups and nor do I take down 5 folks single-handed. I don't expect to, and nor should I. That's crazy! Now if I can't control the odds when a group attack me out PvMing in Fel, why should you be able to control the odds at Yew gate? Controlled fights are for Tram guild wars, I don't think they have any place in Fel.

Typically if there's a group of reds sitting outside the GZ, and I show up on most any of my characters, 95% of the time they will attack/gank. So my only safety to pick them off one by one is by sitting in the GZ and weeding them out, killing them one by one. Now how would a tamer, who is very vulnerable, be able to sit outside the GZ while a bard discords their pet? Sure they can kill the bard, thus flagging the tamer who didn't want to have a free for all attack on the tamer.
You can't fight those odds. Guess what I'd do. I don't fight at Yew gate. If I see a group I can't handle bearing down on me, I either fight anyway or use my sneak skills to stealth past them, get to safety and summon my pets. If the odds are more favourable, I'll dig in and fight. And I'm never using the guardzone in a fight, I accept the risks to myself and the pets I control and that's it. Which IMO is what being a tamer in Fel ought to be about. You can't be worried about death as a tamer in Fel, you're the gank of the day for everyone. Which is why it doesn't suit every PvPer to be a tamer.

I've said it once ,i'll say it again, discord is just like Curse, Clumsy, Feeblemind etc... It's an offensive attack spell/skill and should flag just the same as the others. You don't see a blue mage casting Curse on a GD in the GZ w/out flagging do you? Same idea.
Yep, and until that tamer in guardzone is dealt with, the bard flagging shouldn't change. I've also said this stacks of times too: even if the bard flags it won't change a thing. Your pets will be disco'd, they will get killed and the bard can operate with zero insurance costs if they choose. You'll also find far more bards want to attack your pets if you just got them nerfed. But keeping these discussions up only encourages me to train up my Fel bard in preparation for this change. Just might be worth considering there are many more disco bards than Yew gate tamers. i personally wouldn't want to incur their wrath with a nerf :D

Wenchy

T

Turdnugget

Usually when I'm outnumbered at Yew gate, I use my archer/macer instead. It's a lot easier to single people out and kill them than it is with my tamer.

Tamer gate PvP is definately different from shard to shard. It's not as bad on Baja as it is on Chessy or Sonoma. Two shards i've started to play on.

Back before item warfare came out, I could take 5 people on with my mage. Can't really do that anymore with how buffed up things have gotten.

Even w/out using a tamer at Yew gate on a blue it's hard not to use the GZ if you're not friended to some house due to the mad ganks that do occur. And it cracks me up when the reds talk trash about GZ sitting yet they're the ones who will all para/efield gank you the minute you step out to go and fight someone.

I think they need to do away with the new house rules where you can't run onto someone's steps or into their house if the door is open. Those were some of the funnest times in PvP when you were fighting a pack of reds in their house and you ran in and killed them in their own house.

Even if I didn't have a tamer i'd say the disco thing needs to be fixed. And if they fix it, it will change things because then the bard will be flagged and the tamer can then attempt to kill them =) The part about it that sucks is that someone is using an offensive spell/skill against a blue which you can't retaliate against. If a tamer attacks a red from the guardzone there is nothing stopping the red from killing said tamer. If a blue discords a tamer's pet, the tamer can't freely attack the blue bard w/out taking a count or going grey. Not to mention if the tamer does attack the bard, there's no running to the GZ, or a house and is now free to be killed by bystanders.

There's no risk for the bard. At all. Other than being called names. If a tamer attacks a red, there is a risk. If a red attacks a tamer, there is a risk. If a blue bard discords a blue pet, there is no risk. Where's the justice in that?

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Your view is Flawed. By telling him his view if Flawed

You can't attack a blue in tram but in fel turns you grey.

You can't disco/attack a pet in tram but in fel you can and stay blue.

It should be an aggresive attack in fel because it is looked at like that in tram. Thats why you cannot do it. Disco is just like a mage casting curse or weaken or what not on you.

no its not. you can discord a guildmates green pet in tram without flagging. you can discord blue wild pets without flagging. in tram you cant discord blue players pets becuase its tram ruleset, didnt i just say that?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
What if you had a bard, or bard tamer, and you were thinking like I was, that flagging might not be so isolated in the game code? What if flagging the bard leads to consequences where it affects a LOT of players unconnected to the Fel Yew gate scene? I'm thinking numbers and thinking the greater number of players should be able to have fun, not nerfed to safeguard a minority.

And not once have I seen a suggestion for nerfing the guardzone tamer antics I've sat and watched, or even how I should kill them. It's not as if I haven't asked - every thread I ask and not once has there been an answer. The more this is brough up the more I believe the bards are the only real balance vs these tamers. Which means, in the absence of a better fix, the bards have to stay. By all means suggest a fix for the tamers, but don't ask for the bards to be fixed first. That's only going to make every tamer's life miserable in Fel. If we get more power you can rest assured we'll get ganked snotless.

So I'm not getting onboard here until I'm sure that there won't be unwanted side-effects beyond discoing someone else's pet and I want to see some solution to tamers hiding in guardzone. Fixes need to be implemented properly, not thrown like sticking plasters and screwing up the game for innocent players. I think we have enough messed up systems in UO without adding barding to the list.

Wenchy