• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco FYI (regaurding ringing up to max)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
a question had come up about disco training and i went and tested it on a new bard cause i just had to know.

thought id stop in and pass it along.

question was this, "while using the Poo Disco Training a person can train on polar bears up to 65 then ring up to 85-95 and go straight to tamed and released cu's. Should you then keep those ring/watch on and let the disco max out at 120 and STILL keep them on letting the skill gain while you are ringed to max"

kind of a long winded question, but it has been icqed to me over and over and over and over again.

so much so that i started to think about it and wonder myself if once you hit cap by ringing up if you would still gain fast.

the answer is NO.

not doubt, not "its a bit slower"
NO NO NO.
it is DEAD SLOW.
it is so slow that infact i think i was training in reverse.

if you are going to ring up to train in cu's early.
take off the rings to keep you skill in the 90's or low 100's.
once you are there naturally, take the ring and watch off and just go natural.

im not going to bore anyone with times and stat's and such.

just trust me when i say, to do it all the way to 120 natural ringed up would take you the better part of a month. (if trends in time continued as they where)
where as you can 120 by taking off the ring and watch in like 6 days (24 hour days).

hope that helps the people who kept asking.

now, stop icqing me, stop stalking me, stop going through my garbage!

TTFN

5% Luck

I dont get why any one would take this skill past 105 natural skill. I swap my ring slot with a 15 discord for that part of the fight . Once discorded I swap in a crystalline ring to 120 my magery and help out with rengns and SDI.

If Im fighting something that I have a 100% or near 100% success chance 105 is sufficient. The rest(most) of the time I only need to discord once for the 15-30 min fight ahead. Saves me the grind and the points! WOOT

Now just to be sure I dont think training by any method is right or wrong and I do see (and sometimes feel) the satisfaction of 120ing such a hard skill but, with discord being as useful as it is 105 is plenty for a great deal of the time. Peerless and boss monsters are the only time I swap in my discord ring and that takes all of a second to swap.

Gl to all Poos fans And thx Poo I did you your method!

P

Piehunter

I dont get why any one would take this skill past 105 natural skill. I swap my ring slot with a 15 discord for that part of the fight . Once discorded I swap in a crystalline ring to 120 my magery and help out with rengns and SDI.

If Im fighting something that I have a 100% or near 100% success chance 105 is sufficient. The rest(most) of the time I only need to discord once for the 15-30 min fight ahead. Saves me the grind and the points! WOOT

Now just to be sure I dont think training by any method is right or wrong and I do see (and sometimes feel) the satisfaction of 120ing such a hard skill but, with discord being as useful as it is 105 is plenty for a great deal of the time. Peerless and boss monsters are the only time I swap in my discord ring and that takes all of a second to swap.

I agree with this. I personally stopped at 90 real skill and swap out jewels for the +30 set I have when doing peerlesses.

L

Lily

Because in UO the best way for people to know exactly how crazy you are is to tell them about your 4x120 bard that you raised through gameplay. :)

lily

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
then they have you committed when you tell them you have EIGHT 4x120 bards on eight different shards, not counting a couple others that are only 115x4.

no no, we dont mention that at the watering hole.
people look at you a little strange when you start saying things like THAT!

K

Kith Kanan

Well if you can find me a 1/3 ring with 13+ hci and 20+ Di and 15 disco I'll keep it at 105 :)

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...I am going to test this becuase I think putting on ring/brace to get to max will help you gain faster. Heres my reasoning. The more successful discordance attempts you have the more chances at gaining in the skill you have. If I am correct (and I beleive I am) when the check is done for skill gain it is off your "Real" skill not your "Displayed" skill.

Example: When training fencing you put on ring/brace/+20 Kryss etc to get you too higher level as you will hit monsters more often, but you fight the ones that you should be figthing according too your real skill. The more times you hit the more chances for a gain. Even at 118 fencing with 120 fencing displayed you hit as if you have 120 fencing, but gain as if you only have 118.

Now. I am just about to 100 and I have alot of time to kill working on my discorance character here so heres what I am going too do. When I hit 100 I will get and will record how long it takes my character to get from 100-120. I will compare it to how long it took you to get your fastest char from 100-120. Well put it too the test.

*hurries back off to his corner*

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that was my exact thinking going into this.
i figured just like in the days of old, once i hit my cap i wouldnt be failing any and the gains would FLY.

but i tried this twice eash with both disco and provo, and both times when i hit my cap skill gains all but stopped.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Poo,

I asked in your stickied thread, but do the Slayer/Virtue instruments affect skill gain for discord like they do with provo?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry

i dont activlly partisipate in this forum anymore.
you should forward your question to the forum mod..... if there is one.

J

J0KING

sorry

i dont activlly partisipate in this forum anymore.
you should forward your question to the forum mod..... if there is one.
I know you said you wouldn't awhile back... nice to see you jump in and share some of you knowledge... Thanks Poo :bowdown:

5% Luck

Because in UO the best way for people to know exactly how crazy you are is to tell them about your 4x120 bard that you raised through gameplay. :)

lily
Truly,

its kind of funny. I accidentally dropped my crystalline ring on the floor in the gauntlet at least a dozen times!

Thats Crazy!

(I did train my provok elnaturel!)