• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disc warrior

S

sdurocher

Anybody try a disco warrior?

I came back in Jan, from a 2 year layoff. My best chars were a peace tamer and a peace macer.

Since I came back, I switched my peace tamer to a disc tamer and made sampire (off my sword warrior).

I like both of my new chars, but I had the most fum with my peace macer.

With my I can destroy a white wysrm in 2-3 hits (massive damage without getting hit). My peace macer really can't solo higher level mobs (champ spawns), like my disco/tamer and sampire, so I am going to switch him up.

This is my plan (skill shown are after rings/equipment).

Mace 120
Tactics 100
Chivalry 80
Music 120
Disc 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120

My weapon is a war axe; 38 HSL, 52 HML, 52 HLL, 20 SSI, 40 DI.

I am hoping he will work like my sampire and the 52 HLL on the wep, will make up for no vamp form.

I figur I get the best of the sampire with the addition of discoing the mob.
Good idea or tried that doesn't work?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Should work fine, assuming you have 4/6 for chiv heals and plenty of hci/dci. Sounds like a fun template! You could also consider archery - that'd remove the need to heal as often and you could drop parry for provoke! Just another idea.

Would love to know how this template runs, if you build it.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea but I've got a feeling you are going to struggle badly if your relying on 52 life leach on your weapon to keep you alive.

You'll find, even if doing big damage, 52 life leach doesn't return a huge amount of hit points.

R

RichDC

I like the idea but I've got a feeling you are going to struggle badly if your relying on 52 life leach on your weapon to keep you alive.

You'll find, even if doing big damage, 52 life leach doesn't return a huge amount of hit points.
I have the same concern, the only skill i could see being viable and still effective to drop would be parry. Then either going 100necro and 120tactics for sampire healing, or 60/60ish split of necro/ss for curse weapon healing(and a few other tasty spells).

Problem with both is you lose alot of DCI...ALOT.

Problem with 2nd is karma management and regs.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
They're right re: healing. This is more of a specialized template, I'm afraid. You can go farming with it, but you prolly won't be champing or peerless w/ just chiv heals. I don't really like the sampy idea, for the reasons already mentioned: without parry, you're toast.

One last plug for the disco/provo archer. Think doom. :D

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I had a discord macer a lonnnng time ago, was good fun. Can't remember what I used to heal with though. It was before they capped swing speed too with a stam inc suit, the numbers scrolling off the top of the monster was hillarious.

The good thing is when you Discord something you have an easier time hitting it and it has a harder time hitting you, adding in your bushido and parry increases that a lot. As for wether it works, it kind of depends what you're fighting.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive got a couple disco archers on a couple different shards.
i think they are a gas too play.

specially if you hunt with a couple people.

but even solo they are a lot of fun.
i unfortunatlly use a lot of the gear to get them servicable as its hard to cram all those skills onto one template.

hunters headress so you can stop archery at 100 and save 20 points.
those arms with music on them so you can save another 10 points.
ect ect ect.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My disco fencer is as follows:
fencing, tactics, healing, anatomy, music, discord, chivalry

It works best in groups, with someone else doing the tanking.

I haven't tried it on peerless since the mage/archer types are much better in those situations.

M

Maximilliean

This is my plan (skill shown are after rings/equipment).

Mace 120
Tactics 100
Chivalry 80
Music 120
Disc 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120

My weapon is a war axe; 38 HSL, 52 HML, 52 HLL, 20 SSI, 40 DI.
To help answer the part about the war axe.

I have a similar macer

Mace 115
Tact 115
Parry 110
Bush 110
Anat 105
Heal 90
Chiv 75

Last night I was fighting the Ogre Lords in Despise using Katrina`s Crook

Weight: 3 Stones
Artifact Rarity 11
Hit Life Leech 55%
Hit Mana Leech 55%
Hit Stamina Leech 40%
Damage Increase 60%
Physical Resist 15%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 13 - 15
Weapon Speed 2.75s
Strength Requirement 20
Two-handed Weapon
Skill Required: Mace Fighting
Durability 120 / 120

and didn't have any problems with those, but I don't think the would replace the vampire form, considering the Sampire idea uses both the vampire form and a high leech weapon, unless I am mistaken.

S

sdurocher

Update:

I am not at the skills that I want to be yet, but I am encouraged by the template. I needed to get parry and Bush to 120 and then take disc to 95 (and then ring and bracelet up to 120).

I did the parry 1st and then started on the bush and disco. I am at 90 bush and and 85 disco, at the moment.

The no vamp form has been been a problem yet. My weapon and the damage I deal, keeps me healed up fine. I just started training my bush up, while fighting 2 rotten corpses and it is very easy (and I can't even disco them yet).

On the mobs I have been able to disco, there is a huge difference. I think the disco really makes up for the no healing. They hit for less and I hit for more.

Once I get my bush and disco up, I'll go fight Maisma (spelling?). i take that down with ease, with my sampire, so it will be a good gauge for this template. Hopefully that will be in a couple of weeks.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went to miasma one night with my sampire guild mate.

i needed to chat with him and he wanted to farm them (or was allready in there so i went there to chat with him)
either way i was there but not farming myself.
and since i was bored and we where chatting i started to disco them for him.
he was killing them so fast he was complaining that he couldnt loot them they where dieing so fast.
it seemed like he was killing them in like 2 hits.
he of course was also honoring them.

so im sure if you pack a nice mana leech fast weapon that is a scrop slayer and disco them im sure you could clean house there, even without the leech from vamp form.
heck, honor alone will replace what ya use to kill it with specials.

T

Turdnugget

Tried it on Test w/a scorp slayer diamond mace... and disco...EoO/Consecrate/Discord/Honor...Miasma didnt last long.