• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dirty Plates & Stools & Magincia Threads

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
99% sure u could not enter that cell on europa...so no bamboo stools for us:bored:

L

Lord Drakelord

well unless someone else was faster then me this time at server up there is no spawning bamboo stool on Sonoma in the prison under the fort. Nor can you steal the one that is there.

T

thelust6

Oh well your guess is as good as mine on where it's spawning then :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this confirms that the bamboo stools are indeed spawning and poss being collected by the same person every day on this shard anyways...

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=140961

Plz devs consider the sense of the same person collecting the same stool everyday thus nobody else being able to even find the spawn spot because the stool as long been taken...!!! Tell us were the spot is so we can ALL at least have a server up bash em and smash fun for a few months b4 they are made craftable.

T

thelust6

I agree with the point you made above THP, if the stool is a *daily* spawning rare or respawns for any other duration, if only a select few know of it's spawn point and grab it each time it spawns players like ourselves are unlikley to ever find where it spawns. Any chance of a hint? x

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i dont think they spawn on all servers and if they do I dont think they spawn everyday or we would see more than we have !

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my guess, is a monthly spawn and u guys have right spot but havnt put dedication into watching it!!!!!!!! also accounts for low numbers being sold!!!!!

I think this confirms that the bamboo stools are indeed spawning and poss being collected by the same person every day on this shard anyways...

Plz devs consider the sense of the same person collecting the same stool everyday thus nobody else being able to even find the spawn spot because the stool as long been taken...!!! Tell us were the spot is so we can ALL at least have a server up bash em and smash fun for a few months b4 they are made craftable.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my guess, is a monthly spawn and u guys have right spot but havnt put dedication into watching it!!!!!!!! also accounts for low numbers being sold!!!!!
i agree I only hung there for 3 days checking and I was not there right at server birth either I live on west coast so server up is like 2am I believe

T

thelust6

If it does spawn in the depths of the fotress, it's only available to a few shards, be nice if it was fixed so all shards can enter the cell, (regardless) :p

C

Connor_Graham

Or the one person that does get it simply tosses extras in a trash barrel instead of leaving it for others to find.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the one person that does get it simply tosses extras in a trash barrel instead of leaving it for others to find.
As far as I can get on Baja is thru a room that has poison gas, to the east is a door I can't open. the floor has some green tiles in circle patterns. To the west is another unopenable door with undead on the other side.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
STILL if this is the spawn place of the bamboo stool then can the devs please make it so every shard can get in that prison cell and not just a few...we can all have a server up battle for a few weeks then!!!

Failing that make em craftable sooner than later..........

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they were craftable interest would dwindle just like with every other craftable item out there. Might as well keep em rare. Making everything common makes the game dull for collectors.

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you guys want this item so bad? It seems like everyone wants them to sell for big bucks, or something like that. You don't see people begging for the Ruined Painting which spawns once a whatever it is.

Greed has taken over.

C

Connor_Graham

Why do you guys want this item so bad? It seems like everyone wants them to sell for big bucks, or something like that.
No, we want them to be more readily available to everyone at a reasonable price, instead of the very few that are charging outrageous amounts for them now.

Greed has taken over.
Greed is what we have now, not what we'll have once they're available to everyone.

T

thelust6

Ah seven theres a difference between the runied painting and the stool though - so far only a select few have knowledge of where the latter spawns.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I can not help with the stool. Just stack the dirty plates next to my sink and I will get right on it.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like a select few have knowledge of when the ruined painting spawns. Hmmm.....
But we know the painting spawns and about how often it spawns and where it spawns. It is common knowledge to everyone. It is also not passed on as some sort of "true server birth item."

Interestingly enough - the ruined painting's value is much higher than the stool's value. If it were a matter of greed, I would think that asking for information about the item such as where it spawned would not be made so public as to post on UHall.

L

Lord Drakelord

Why do you guys want this item so bad? It seems like everyone wants them to sell for big bucks, or something like that. You don't see people begging for the Ruined Painting which spawns once a whatever it is.

Greed has taken over.
I happen to like the look of that stool over the ones we can craft, would be nice if they allow sugar cane to be used to make it. I would not pay 120 mil for one as someone in this thread did, so if it was to become a crafted item the price for it would drop for sure. Still it would be nice if it spawn somewhere as do those dirty plates.

As for the ruined painting, I cannot foresee any in my future as I hate the look of it, it is ruined and of no value to me as deco. Being it spawn is so rare I am pretty sure I have no worries about that. I did get that sword one time, sold it the same day for 5 mil, a bargain to someone, but I rather have the gold in game then collect items that no one would see in game anyway.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um guys, got a small question. i bought at the last rares festival one of the bamboo stools. mine and all the others i have seen for sale have been bamboo stools named "short stools" not bamboo stools....wouldnt that make a difference?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Greed has taken over.
Earlier in the post u basically stated u had found the spawn place easily?? so are u not the greedy one thats collecting it daily??

Besides as stated earlier .....EVERYONE is aware about the ruined painting and its spawn place so EVERYONE as got the same chance to steal it bar they need a GM stealer......The stool like the dirty plates needs no stealing skill and is simply liftedable by anyone...ALAS nobody can find it beacuse the same peeps are taking them on a daily basis because they found it first??

BTW no thanks to you alas but us boardies think we have established were it spawns now but its only on a few shards

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's not proven THP, no one who's tried for it there has actually got it as yet.

Also I've a very strong suspicion that in implying he knew where it was, Seven was only trolling.

As for finding it, Seven, well just sheer curiosity tbh. I probably wouldn't go for it, and I certainly wouldn't put a silly price tag on it, but just knowing where it is would be enough for me.

L

Lord Drakelord

um guys, got a small question. i bought at the last rares festival one of the bamboo stools. mine and all the others i have seen for sale have been bamboo stools named "short stools" not bamboo stools....wouldnt that make a difference?
still looks like the bamboo one, right?

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes its a bamboo stool but it says its a "short stool" and all the others i saw for sale on veners also say "short stool" not bamboo. you thinkthis would make a difference?

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones that are allegedly still spawning all say "short stool." We have been referring to them as bamboo stools so as not to confuse them with the craftable short stools.

And I am asking again - could a developer PLEASE confirm if these are still spawning or made with some sort of bug/exploit? If they are still spawning, are they a daily spawn like the plates or a monthly spawn or what?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones that are allegedly still spawning all say "short stool." We have been referring to them as bamboo stools so as not to confuse them with the craftable short stools.

And I am asking again - could a developer PLEASE confirm if these are still spawning or made with some sort of bug/exploit? If they are still spawning, are they a daily spawn like the plates or a monthly spawn or what?
Again read this post on pacs...seller as quite a few of them!!! so iam guessing yes yes they are def. spawning....

Then again i do remember the devs saying like the plates of food the bamboo stools will eventually be craftable so PLZ DONT BUY ONE for silly high gold...like the plates of food they will become near worthless eventually...At best we gonna get a few months of server up mayhem....

T

Teeshy

Didn't Draconi already post that they were spawning? Right back when this was all first started - same as he posted where to find the plates?

*edits* Found it, just had to find the right date to look for =)

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would still be nice to hear the spawn rate...and know if it is available on all shards. I get where it's "fun" and all to go looking for this stuff but its been what 4-5 months? Possibly longer according to some? A lot of people have been looking and given up. There is fun and then there is frustrating.

I would have thought people would have found it to be more fun if they spawned in fel and the pvp'er's had some wars to go fight in the morning.

Z

Zodia

The Devs (Draconi) already addressed the issue. They are both spawning. They are not saying exactly because as they said they "don't want to take all the fun out of it for the rares hunters".

I agree completely with their position. It's *good* to have some of these spawns be more secret then some of the others. UO has so little mystery. It will eventually be widespread knowledge, like the fruit basket. And then hopefully they will then add some more new spawns that are secret, and the whole process keeps repeating.

I think the people who are demanding they be told exactly where and when they spawn are the same people who play every video game with a walkthru.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh please...no one is "demanding exactly where and when." After 4 months of trying to solve it on our own we are looking for some hints or clues. Asking if it spawns on every shard is not an unreasonable question. I also didn't ask when it spawned or the last time it spawned, just how often.

I think the point of this thread is not so we can get the item and sell it for big bucks (which is what is being done by a select few) but instead to allow it to become common knowledge. It's a stool for heaven's sake. It's not some game altering concept that helps you "win UO."

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen this much interest in a bunch of worthless pixels.

:coco:
well if you look at it like that that could be applied to the whole game
Can you wear these items for protection, or possibly use them to bash someone's head in?

Or do you just lock it down in your house and every once in a while wander by and admire it?

If it's the 2nd option, that means it's worthless IMO.

A

Aboo

Can you wear these items for protection, or possibly use them to bash someone's head in?

Or do you just lock it down in your house and every once in a while wander by and admire it?

If it's the 2nd option, that means it's worthless IMO.
You know the old saying "What is one man's trash is another man's treasure."

That is, in my opinion, what makes UO so great - diversity. It appeals to alot of different people on many different levels.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eventually someone will blzbber to the wrong person or the guys will slip up and someone will notice where it is, im sure its in some very obscure aria somewhere . so ill do this, ill put up 10 mil on the server of choice as a bounty to the first person who correctly reviels the spot of the spawn... anyone want to join in this with me???

it has to be posted as a new thread here in the hall. and you collect your reward. anyone who wants to add to the donation post it here!

C

Connor_Graham

This thread certainly went a lot farther than I'd orginally expected it to lol.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eventually someone will blzbber to the wrong person or the guys will slip up and someone will notice where it is, im sure its in some very obscure aria somewhere . so ill do this, ill put up 10 mil on the server of choice as a bounty to the first person who correctly reviels the spot of the spawn... anyone want to join in this with me???

it has to be posted as a new thread here in the hall. and you collect your reward. anyone who wants to add to the donation post it here!
Would be soo much easier if the devs just came in and said ..yes they spawning and are in ''this town''..''this area''..... so at least we can have some server up fun......Hell i will match ya 10m for the bounty to put a end to this nonsense.. alas i can only chip in europa gold, but will glady hand over 10m europa if some of ya other guys/gals convert it to a dif shard.. ohhhhhhh apart from if its in the already suggested dungeon cell thats only excessable on the odd shard... thats no good to me a europa player.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THE STOOLS ARE NOT SPAWNING ON ANY SHARD AND THEY ARE SIMPLY BEING '' DUPED''

Duped from the original humilty quest takeable/useable stool !!!!before the devs made them no trade/no drop/quest labelled items

Thus the quicker the devs make them craftable to combat another dupe the better....[end]