• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did you know?

• Thread starter Ugly Wrinkleflip
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

During my conversation with Disney I found out something interesting.

The phrase or like phrase's "What are you doing tonight? How about dinner at my house? Want to come over? Can you come over to my house?" Are all grounds for a Suspension.

Not that I would even have thought of any of those but from what the woman on the phone said Disney is set up with VERY tight regulations. Needless to say I am more impressed with Disneys work on keeping their games FAMILY friendly.

Go Disney:thumbsup:

S

SSniffleslam

Well, its good to know that they are trying to keep things safe! I'm very careful about what games I let my daughter play, and her computer is in an open room so that I can go take a look anytime I want to. She's annoyed with me because I won't let her put the computer in her room, and I won't let her have a MySpace page, but the truth is, I just want her to be safe...She'll understand someday when she has kids of her own.

But here's a :thumbsup:to Disney and TT for trying to look out for the kiddos...JUST be careful what you say adults!!! lol

S

Steveo

I agree. I think it was good morning america that had a segment on online games and predators. TT was one of the games that was on the list. I do know that disney cant catch all of the conversations but they do a good job. My daughters friend said Canada one day and telling thats where she is going and she did not get suspened. So the system has loop holes but I will not let my daughter on the computer without my wife or me watching her. As parents we have to protect our kids and keep them safe. They will understand one day.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want to come over? Can you come over to my house?" Are all grounds for a Suspension.
Can you come to my house is a speedchat phrase. If I get suspended for saying just that, I'll throw a major baby fit on them. I agree it's good to be strict, but I recall someone got suspended just for saying they're going out for pizza once.

L

Little Sadie

I think TT promotes stuff like this anyway. Why have a speedchat phrase Going my way? I think they are too strict yet give you phrases that don't belong in the game in the first place.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I want to rendevous with a toon at my estate, I think I have the right to! We'll play with our Doodle's all night long and nothing Disney can do about that now can they! :hahaha:

L

Little Sadie

If I want to rendevous with a toon at my estate, I think I have the right to! We'll play with our Doodle's all night long and nothing Disney can do about that now can they! :hahaha:
Yea, baby!

S

SSniffleslam

I agree it's good to be strict, but I recall someone got suspended just for saying they're going out for pizza once.
I could understand it if they said a specific place and time maybe...but not just a generic "I'm goin' out for pizza"....hmmm

G

Granjell

I just hope they never catch all the two letter state abbr we see all over.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember that incident too Trishy. If I recall correctly somone asked where they were going for lunch and the answer was out for pizza.

The way it was explained to me when I was suspended is they monitor all chat, and certain things are red flags. Because its real people doing the monitoring of the flagged issues, one person may let something slide that another wont. Much the way the name process goes. You may submit a name a dozen times and get denied but then suddenly it goes thru, only to be taken away later. I always visualized a bunch of old ladies saying "no, no, no" then the 20 yr old takes over while they take the coffee break and says "yes, yes, yes". :lol: (No offense to old people of which I'm almost one myself :p)

I give them credit for what they do to protect the kids, I want the kids safe on the internet. I do think they go too far sometimes. Knowing that be careful what you say.

When they first tightened up on the rules a few years back we had alot of fun trying to figure all the things we could no longer say. At first tho it was very frustrating. I thought everyone was mad at me because no one was answering me anymore, turned out I was no longer allowed to say ":D or :)" unless we used the speedchat options. Apparently the kiddies had come up with several symbols to mean other things. Thus :heart: became arrow 3. One time I had to tell a story 1-3 words at a time because someone unknown wording was being censored. Some of it has been relaxed now but I'm sure alot of things cant be said still, like I bet you still cant tell someone you need 69 merits. :lol:

S

SSniffleslam

I couldn't tell everyone Thursday I needed 420 options :O
You know, I doubt that there's many kids out there who know what that means...Heck, there's a lot of older people out there who don't know what that means...I know my mother wouldn't (she's 56)....lol

S

soupandquackers

Im guessing they are talking about the date 4/20 which is when you light it up. Sorry if i wasnt supposed to say anything.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could just be the fact that is was a number, and they don't like numbers due to the fact that they can equal a phone number..or yeah it's when people get high as Soup mentioned..:drool:

L

Little Sadie

I thought the 4/20 day was actually not true but brought on after the 420 bruhaha came about. I had always thought it was the time of day also. I thought it was just a code that some were firing up the joints, doobies, weed, loco, blunt, ect.. at a cetain time. Ok, I'll stop. :party: LOL!

S

SSniffleslam

The term 420 "originally" came from a group of kids at San Rafael HS in California in 1971...It's the time of day they would go and get high...and there is no police radio code 4-20 for anything, actually (a lot of people think it is though).

C

CooperColeman

I have heard from people who indulge that the code was created by college students. Most of their classes ended at 4, and 4:20 was a common meeting time.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The things ya learn....lol. Back on topic now what other things cant we say in TT these days?

A

ATIV7220

Hi,

I'm a new member on Stratics but have used the site for info for a couple months (Thanks, Google). I don't currently have any True Friends except my kids, but I don't recall or I didn't read completely the rules of conversing on TT. Also, I can't seem to find the agreement on Disney's site. Can someone point me to the rules? I figured using common sense would be enough, but reading this thread I think I might be wrong - someone got suspended for saying they were going out for pizza?!?!?

Also, I got "69", never heard of "420" until today. What I need to know is what's "SF"?

Thanks.

S

soupandquackers

Welcome to stratics! SF's are secret friends, you swap codes with people you know, and you will be able to talk to each other without using speedchat.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I'm a new member on Stratics but have used the site for info for a couple months (Thanks, Google). I don't currently have any True Friends except my kids, but I don't recall or I didn't read completely the rules of conversing on TT. Also, I can't seem to find the agreement on Disney's site. Can someone point me to the rules? I figured using common sense would be enough, but reading this thread I think I might be wrong - someone got suspended for saying they were going out for pizza?!?!?

Also, I got "69", never heard of "420" until today. What I need to know is what's "SF"?

Thanks.
And to answer your other question.. House Rules

SF's are secret friends, you swap codes with people you know, and you will be able to talk to each other without using speedchat.
So "SF" is identical to Disney's terminology, "True Friends"... yes?
SF is old school talk. Before DXD came out, True Friends = Secret Friends.

Welcome to Toontown Stratics :)

E

Electroflap

Hi,
I am new to forums and also fairly new to TT. But I found this thread to be very informative. I had no clue what they could suspend you over! I am mixed on how I feel about it though. I am glad they are watching out for my child but then again at the same time I would be enraged for getting suspended for saying something to my brother in another state that didnt invole a cuss word or something I thought would be grounds for suspension.

S

Stubby

That 'number' (digits only) thing is a pain. Lately, when going to fill suits someone will ask me how many bux or whatever I need. I have typed numbers other than 420 and it was not shown to my friends. I was surprised because they would ask me again. The first time I think it was 1300, 400 and 420, those I remember. Now, I typed them again with words, like, I need 400 and there was no problem. hmmmm...:coco:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That 'number' (digits only) thing is a pain. Lately, when going to fill suits someone will ask me how many bux or whatever I need. I have typed numbers other than 420 and it was not shown to my friends. I was surprised because they would ask me again. The first time I think it was 1300, 400 and 420, those I remember. Now, I typed them again with words, like, I need 400 and there was no problem. hmmmm...:coco:
Yeah, I got in the habit of answering with what I needed. "How many notes ya need?" "An A and a D with invasion will get me there"

E

Electroflap

Hi,
I am glad they are watching out for my child but then again at the same time I would be enraged for getting suspended for saying something to my brother in another state that didnt invole a cuss word or something I thought would be grounds for suspension.
Hey guess What!!! It happened.. go figure.. it was for something I said b4 i found this forum!