• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Did you ever?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ever think about legally changing your name to your online main char?

I have.

You look up my real name on Google you don't get much. Maybe my Facebook comes up.

You look up my online name you get a **** load dating back to pre 1997.. awards i have won in different games... my online history.

Makes you think. Did i makeup my name because that's who I am?
Is that what I would have named myself¡¿¿¿¿

I know im lame .. or am I L33t?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is actually an interesting thought.
I bet there are people who have done so and it will probably become a fad to do so at some point in the future.
But this begs the question how did you come about your characters names?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mine has developed to what it is now over many years.. started out as beguiled in a game called subspace .. i played a cloaker and it just fit when id come out kill you and vanish. my first uo char was Beguile... in 97.. i later moved to Baja in 2000 and started over. I wanted a first name.. so why not a daemon. Azmodeus.. making it my own i just spelled it Azmodan... kept the last name.... and has been Azmodan Beguile ever since.

Some online friends that I later met in r/l even call me it. And I call them there online name as well. Its just habit i guess when you meet someone and call them there player name for so many years that's who they are to ya.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And a lot of people call me........

oh never mind.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ever think about legally changing your name to your online main char?

I have.

You look up my real name on Google you don't get much. Maybe my Facebook comes up.

You look up my online name you get a **** load dating back to pre 1997.. awards i have won in different games... my online history.

Makes you think. Did i makeup my name because that's who I am?
Is that what I would have named myself¡¿¿¿¿

I know im lame .. or am I L33t?
No, I wouldn't change my name, but because I used my first character's name when I registered for Stratics, and then became known by it in icq etc, to all intents and purposes when I'm online, I have become Petra Fyde. My facebook is Petra Fyde, my email is [email protected]. Even on LinkedIn, because I was asked to register there in order to endorse someone who knew me as Petra Fyde, that's the name I use. Obviously at my age, I'm not going to be using LinkedIn to search for paid employment :D.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha yeah they might not hire u with that on your resume.. or maybe it would be a good ice breaker. lol

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... Im completely unoriginal D: My game name is Sadie which is my real life nickname >_> pfft.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine goes back to the '90s when the first graphical interface chat room called The Palace was new and interesting.

Amber, because I like the scent in perfume and incense. And it's cold, hard sap that trap things!
Witch, to scare off the bothersome sort of people.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear Lindae,

Thank you for sharing Aloueee's art! He has taken the String Theory and rendered it so that we simple minded folk have a visual understanding of it. Never before done! Amazing!
Please tell my dearest Alouueee that I thank him and he should be filled with honor and joy and should not make you sleep on that couch!

Alouenikah

Caretaker of Sudiva
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Lindae,

Thank you for sharing Aloueee's art! He has taken the String Theory and rendered it so that we simple minded folk have a visual understanding of it. Never before done! Amazing!
Please tell my dearest Alouueee that I thank him and he should be filled with honor and joy and should not make you sleep on that couch!
*hugs* o amber you are so nice

lendei slept on the couch but then it was a cold niht and he is shiver like a litle dog so i say come back to bed you idiot man and later he said he is sory for make fun of my arts so now we are frends again :heart:

i drew a pictur for you, is seels in human cloths!

*radiates happiness*

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was making real progress on losing weight, but then he discovered that some Earth chocolates have caramel inside them and, well.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so for Christmas Alou is getting a brush and chocolates, and Lindae is getting some wart cream ! Got it :p

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(realtalk though, I would never change my name to Lindae, but I'm a female irl so I'd probably handle being named Lindae a lot better than Lindae does)