• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs Please Fix this Oversight Pets Gone Wild!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I''ll quote myself then shall I?

Slow decay of loyalty over time is not an issue.

Pawain, if you knew half as much about taming as me, you would not comment so much.
Compared to your no Knowledge? You are here to troll and nothing else. I have to tell how pet loyalty works read this thread you have no clue until I tell you when they lose it. And you prove it with your own quote. You could not reproduce line of sight but when I told you how, you act like you knew it.

I've never seen any of your pets, I have many builds posted on these forums. How contribute to the community?
Besides trolling for attention.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Put your pet in Luna tell it to stay. Run away go to Brit for 6 hours. See if loyalty drops.

People banksit all day with a pet next to them, they do not fall below Extremely Happy.
And you think pets loyalty dropping when thr owner abandons it is an issue?

Lol this is turning into an absolute joke

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And you think pets loyalty dropping when thr owner abandons it is an issue?

Lol this is turning into an absolute joke
Nope your Smith did not know pets lose loyalty from line of sight. I had to explain it to him. Learn to read and comprehend what others write before you troll.

I have not yet been able to reproduce any issue with pet loyalty without a line of site between the pet and the target either.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have not yet been able to reproduce any issue with pet loyalty without a line of site between the pet and the target either.
Very nice. So you and the other player insist that the 5-6 people that reported pet wild are lying? They already said pet was fed minutes before and most of these were not line of sight issues. If you believe that they are lying, what doyou think they have to gain from it?
Also what is the reasoning or the benefit to the game behind losing an extremely valuable pet due to OLD MECHANICS and ideas no longer valid DUE TO THE PET REVAMP CHANGES? What is the justification or benefit to the game for losing a pet that is trained and scrolled for ANY reason?
What harm would be to the game or anyone's game play to just make the pet INACTIVE, or AUTOSTABLED rather than DELETER THE PET DUE TO THE PET GOING WILD? These pets should not go wild for any reason. This is old already and the devs are negligent and playing a bad joke on the tamers unless they fix it. The sooner the better. And likely we have more uneven terrain Events coming up.
And finally what is the reason for fighting this logic? Is there some kind of secondary invisible agenda to this opposition?

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If pets NEVER went wild, you're changing the game to risk free and removing any challenges. they're already durability free, now you're requesting they basically last forever.

I am definitely not accusing anyone of lying. not at all. I merely stated i was unable to reproduce any issue.

As a pet loses loyalty, the chances of the pet obeying a command decrease, and with each command not accepted, this further reduces the pet loyalty. I have to conclude that the vast majority of pets going wild are most likely down to user error.
(Malagaste's account of her pet going wild does not seem to fit this description, however people's memory of events and just general witness testimony is notoriously consistently unreliable. )

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's my take on this issue if anyone cares. I'll preface this by saying that I have read about this issue many times in the past few years and have never experienced it myself. I have not played a tamer in years and I have no plans of ever playing a tamer in the future:

It seems to me that there may be a bug. It seems like a rather rare bug that nobody has been able to reproduce and thus almost impossible to fix. It should definitely be fixed if it indeed exists. The value of the pets is irrelevant. I believe that the devs do a decent job of being agnostic regarding the value of items. It is not their job to care about an item's value, they need to let the players control the market for things. I would like to believe that if a way to reproduce this bug is ever found, the devs would actually fix it. It needs to be tested more because using some stupid blanket fix like "make pets never go wild" does affect other people's gameplay.

If I see a pet go wild, it immediately grabs my attention. I will kill it if I see it happen. Perhaps there are only a few of us who would do that, but that is our playstyle and making pets never go wild would affect me and the small group of players that are out to get you. I would rather kill your recently unbonded pet than kill you because I am aware of the cost of a fully trained pet.

So y'all can argue about it all day but in the end I think that the most important thing is being able to reproduce it. So far, I have not seen nor heard of anyone putting in the time to try to reproduce it and have only heard blanket fixes. Perhaps we should report the issues and leave the fixes to the devs.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Here's my take on this issue if anyone cares. I'll preface this by saying that I have read about this issue many times in the past few years and have never experienced it myself. I have not played a tamer in years and I have no plans of ever playing a tamer in the future:

It seems to me that there may be a bug. It seems like a rather rare bug that nobody has been able to reproduce and thus almost impossible to fix. It should definitely be fixed if it indeed exists. The value of the pets is irrelevant. I believe that the devs do a decent job of being agnostic regarding the value of items. It is not their job to care about an item's value, they need to let the players control the market for things. I would like to believe that if a way to reproduce this bug is ever found, the devs would actually fix it. It needs to be tested more because using some stupid blanket fix like "make pets never go wild" does affect other people's gameplay.

If I see a pet go wild, it immediately grabs my attention. I will kill it if I see it happen. Perhaps there are only a few of us who would do that, but that is our playstyle and making pets never go wild would affect me and the small group of players that are out to get you. I would rather kill your recently unbonded pet than kill you because I am aware of the cost of a fully trained pet.

So y'all can argue about it all day but in the end I think that the most important thing is being able to reproduce it. So far, I have not seen nor heard of anyone putting in the time to try to reproduce it and have only heard blanket fixes. Perhaps we should report the issues and leave the fixes to the devs.
Agree... if I see a pet go wild and can't take it myself. Ill kill it.

Helps keep the market from becoming saturated

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If pets NEVER went wild, you're changing the game to risk free and removing any challenges. they're already durability free, now you're requesting they basically last forever.
If a sampire (or any other character) never goes wild, you're changing the game to risk free and removing any challenges. they're already durability free, now you're requesting they basically last forever.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If anything they should actually increase the difficulty in controlling pets.
I have 120 taming and lore in real skill and all my max trained 5 slot pets almost never disobey commands.
The rarity of pets disobeying I believe could be a factor in the owners becoming complacent and being shocked when their pets go wild.
When I kill other tamers in PvP, I rarely find meat/fruit/black rock stew on their corpses, which is testimony to the rarity of pets disobeying commands.

I instead propose that 5 slot pets should disobey at least 25% of commands at 120/120 to eliminate complacency.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If anything they should actually increase the difficulty in controlling pets.
I have 120 taming and lore in real skill and all my max trained 5 slot pets almost never disobey commands.
The rarity of pets disobeying I believe could be a factor in the owners becoming complacent and being shocked when their pets go wild.
When I kill other tamers in PvP, I rarely find meat/fruit/black rock stew on their corpses, which is testimony to the rarity of pets disobeying commands.

I instead propose that 5 slot pets should disobey at least 25% of commands at 120/120 to eliminate complacency.
Ooooh Big Killah o'Tamers!!! WOW.
What tamers are you killing newby? It sounds like youve done it Soooo many times. Are you using a tamer toon to do that? Are you killing other newbies? Ive never seen you at Yew gate Fel. Come over there and meet your Maker. And bring your pking pet there too. Ill show yu good PVP bud. Oh and bring your friend Dragarash with the 50 fully trained and scrolled pets he claims hes got. So calculate 50 pets 120x7 scrolled he claims. Oooh deadly killin machines! So that would make it what 350 120 powerscrolls, and of these 50+ wrestling right? Nice shopping day at somewhere maybe? Or got a crew working fer yu? Biiiiig tamer.
You guys are all talking about your feeble pets, and even sayin you PVP with pets! Pets are worthless in PVP. Unless you fighting babies and newbies that is likely what you do. You also loot their bodies! WOW, and no food? Proves everything : Killing newbies!
You guys are all Trammies arguing back and forth for worthless taming junk. Also so what if all pets go wild? Big deal.
But the biggest Trammies of them all are the two big killas you and Dragarash. Keeping on bragging, Drag on his 50+ 120'd pets and you Da Killah O'Tamers!! Grats dude you deserve a medal for this!
Real game : Want some good ole PVP, com on over to Yew gate, bring the other bragger there too.
I would not get involved since not in tamin, but you implied you killed tamers, suggesting lots of them. Tamers are a easy pray and I would never touch them - too easy with any pet any temp. Bring yo tamer there and will make exception. You will recognise me when there, just before you die..

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
(I personally don’t use my tamer to pvp, I was merely saying I don’t often find food in tamer’s loot)
But feel free to pm me to meet for a fight in game - although off topic

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I kill other tamers in PvP,
This kinda leads someone to believe you are using a tamer. So you are bragging about killing tamers made for PvM at spawns. Wow you are tough. Do any even try to fight back. I bet you get all sweaty after you PK a tamer.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am not bragging about killing anyone, it was a comment on the loot,
perhaps i should've said, "when i gank tamers", or just "loot tamers" that other people have killed. The point was about not having food on the corpse.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A guy on LS made 10K Khaldun tasty treats but did it at home so they did not work there. He gave them to me, One of my tamers carries those because any pet type eats them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am not bragging about killing anyone, it was a comment on the loot,
perhaps i should've said, "when i gank tamers", or just "loot tamers" that other people have killed. The point was about not having food on the corpse.
Well many tamers are mages and i never carry food on my tamer when i can just conjure up food whenever i want with Create Food Spell.....

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well many tamers are mages and i never carry food on my tamer when i can just conjure up food whenever i want with Create Food Spell.....
my point EXACTLY, (same is true for me) just shows the non urgency and rarity of having to feed pets. considering you're not even guaranteed to summon the type of food your pet uses first attempt. That said... didn't you claim you kept your pink hiryu - that went wild - well fed?
yet you don't carry food. hmmmm

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
my point EXACTLY, (same is true for me) just shows the non urgency and rarity of having to feed pets. considering you're not even guaranteed to summon the type of food your pet uses first attempt. That said... didn't you claim you kept your pink hiryu - that went wild - well fed?
I had taken him out of the stable less than 5 min before... FED HIM... Yes I did ... Right after taking him out of the stable... As usual... he was extremely happy... told him to follow and Guard at the stable standing right beside him... still extremely happy... Recalled to the event... Gave one order... All Kill and instantly he went wild. ONE command... I was right next to him... now as for the mob it was a ways off... but that shouldn't have mattered he was just fed and extremely happy not moments before... I was late to the event... I know he was extremely happy still... nothing I did should have made him go wild.

I've been a tamer for years... since shortly after I started playing... and NEVER have I lost a pet to go wild until the pet revamp... NEVER... i take good care of my pets.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I not only always carry an abudance of food for whatever pet I'm using, I not only feed constantly, I'd even loot zombies in Deceit for their body parts to feed my triton. It still didn't matter: sometimes the pet would balk only a couple of commands later.

I started the event with a tamer, figuring it was a safer way of dealing with big mobs, and after a couple of days I switched to a sampire like most everyone else.

wingnut

Adventurer
I'd bet anything people just forget they need to feed their pets every once in a while. When you train them the taming requirements go up, which makes them harder to control too and results in more failed commands which results in more loyalty decrease.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tamer in question who lost her pet was a fully 120 Tamer... 120 Taming, Lore and Vet...

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I had taken him out of the stable less than 5 min before... FED HIM... Yes I did ... Right after taking him out of the stable... As usual... he was extremely happy... told him to follow and Guard at the stable standing right beside him... still extremely happy... Recalled to the event... Gave one order... All Kill and instantly he went wild. ONE command... I was right next to him... now as for the mob it was a ways off... but that shouldn't have mattered he was just fed and extremely happy not moments before... I was late to the event... I know he was extremely happy still... nothing I did should have made him go wild.

I've been a tamer for years... since shortly after I started playing... and NEVER have I lost a pet to go wild until the pet revamp... NEVER... i take good care of my pets.
If you just fed the pet it would be wonderfully happy, not extremely happy...

Good try at the fabrication though

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tamer in question who lost her pet was a fully 120 Tamer... 120 Taming, Lore and Vet...
You’re proving my point exactly, at 120 taming and lore it’s so rare you need to feed your pet, that people forget.
They need to increase the control difficulty of pets.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you just fed the pet it would be wonderfully happy, not extremely happy...

Good try at the fabrication though
I don't think so. She just said she just fed the pet. The pet was happy what happy makes no big difference really wonderfully or extremely. She just fed it..most likely it was wonderfully, and @MalagAste likely meant to say that, esp since when you feed pet they are wonderfully so, 99.9% of the time.
Also she is not "fabricating".
She never has, and she is one of the most honest posters and UO players here. Her "wild" pet event likely related to a bug probably pertaining to the event she teleported to, and the combination of different things, including server/client synchronization and improper packets at the wrong time passed on. Kind of known issue with the EM events.
Sadly it happens at other non-EM events, and some dungeons and not only with unveven terrains, and LOS trap areas.
Bugs like these should be fixed, due to the massive loss to the player that they can cause, and player unhappiness. Fixing it may involve code manipulation/changes that can bring new bugs in, and we have seen this.
These events do not happen very frequently, but they do happen. Usually players do not even report them as they think they did something wrong, and tons of people do not post here, and are insecure about posting in the uo site so not even there.
The post pertains to a problem that does exist, and easy relatively harmless ways to fix them.
I have seen tamers at the cave with Ele skill pets there with pets in the unhappy level, and they did not lose pet also (I guess since they are not issuing commands to the pet?)
Also as to the extent of the damage, I know of people trying to get a rare pink hiryu, spawning them for years several hours a day to finally get one and celebrate. The other rare color one is the neon green or "strong green" one with similar rarity. Losing one like that really hurts. It hurts 10 times more if you scroll 120 the pet.
With these posts, as we have done in the past with the Pet revamp that was a mess at start, we do not use one or two peoples experience or our own experience but the cumulative experience of many players. Thanks to that appropriate changes to the Revamp were implemented, that the Devs actually fixed the bugs, and mostly minimized bugged pet generation.
So the goal is to make the game experience more playable, and in the long run increase the longevity of the game.
We are looking for constructive criticism and ideas mostly, based on actual events experienced by as many players as possible and possibly have the Devs look into this, and consider implementing fixes to the "wild".
This will not happen by accusing the people posting "wild" pets as "fabricators" or liars, or inaccurate observers or that it was always their fault etc., and bickering among us especially not paying attention to facts that are presented. This will cause us loss of credibility and the Devs will not take us seriously.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nobody is accusing anyone of lying or fabricating anything.
The evidence just falls to user error, people’s memory/accounts of events are unreliable, this is a general statement not just specifically regarding pets.
I will add, in a game that is 99% male users, it is a high percentage of female players who claim to have this bug. Read into that what you will, I won’t comment.
The evidence is just mounting to user error.

The way to prove there is an issue, is to reproduce it, if you can’t reproduce it, there’s no issue. The onus to do so is on you. You can’t just request a sweeping change to the game to remove ANY risk because of some bug that probably doesn’t exist.
Let’s just make everyone invincible in case someone dies and loses what they thought were insured items, they were 99% sure they insured them..

I have told you what the issue is -pets not disobeying commands often enough at 120 skill leading to complacency - which you have ignored.
So why place anything up for discussion if you ignore the solution?

Last edited:

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
AND another thing, why are my bonded pets lasting forever?
As a general rule, owners should outlive their pets. Losing pets is a way of preparing yourself for real losses.
I put it to the devs that pets should have a maximum lifespan PLEASE, have some species have a greater lifespan than others.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I put it to the devs that pets should have a maximum lifespan
Well then we need to remove Powder of Fort and make sure that weapons, armor, spellbooks, runebooks, houses, well pretty much everything in game including characters have a life span too. No one lives forever, neither do items. Hell, while we are adding lifespans to things, lets add natural disasters to the game as well. You can log in and find out that your house burned down or was demolished by a tornado. Maybe your character dies permanently because you logged out in it. Maybe coastal houses and land can be wiped away by hurricanes. Maybe your spellbook can disintegrate in a fight because of overuse since they get brittle over time. Your legendary 1plat sword can crack and break in battle never to be fixed again.

Or, a fail safe can be put in for those freak accidents so people don't lose a pet that they spent 500+ mil on and spent hours and hours training up. I have not lost a pet due to this bug, I do not farm unattended, I mainly just use mine for treasure hunts which I don't do very much but I still see a need for their request. I can only imagine the uproar if a PvPer with their full insured gear lost an item due to a bug in the middle of PvP or something was able to be looted even though it was not cursed and was 100% insured. I find it ironic that most PvPers want to get rid of Trammel and force everyone into potential PvP/Ganks even though PvP is a small fraction of the playerbase yet they are all up in arms over proposed Tamer changes which don't really affect them.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Well then we need to remove Powder of Fort and make sure that weapons, armor, spellbooks, runebooks, houses, well pretty much everything in game including characters have a life span too. No one lives forever, neither do items. Hell, while we are adding lifespans to things, lets add natural disasters to the game as well. You can log in and find out that your house burned down or was demolished by a tornado. Maybe your character dies permanently because you logged out in it. Maybe coastal houses and land can be wiped away by hurricanes. Maybe your spellbook can disintegrate in a fight because of overuse since they get brittle over time. Your legendary 1plat sword can crack and break in battle never to be fixed again.

Or, a fail safe can be put in for those freak accidents so people don't lose a pet that they spent 500+ mil on and spent hours and hours training up. I have not lost a pet due to this bug, I do not farm unattended, I mainly just use mine for treasure hunts which I don't do very much but I still see a need for their request. I can only imagine the uproar if a PvPer with their full insured gear lost an item due to a bug in the middle of PvP or something was able to be looted even though it was not cursed and was 100% insured. I find it ironic that most PvPers want to get rid of Trammel and force everyone into potential PvP/Ganks even though PvP is a small fraction of the playerbase yet they are all up in arms over proposed Tamer changes which don't really affect them.
THIS ^^^^. The voice of reason..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
A few years back, after I sold lots of Magincia Rubble items for peanuts, and my Dread Warhorse for 20M to someone, in order to get regs for imbuing and crafting for my fighter, I essentially quit the game after I realised what happened. I had not checked pricing. It was 100% my fault. I was so upset with what I did and after I realised it, I just quit the game.
Then after the taming revamp came back, and dusted off my tamer, got a few pets and learned the new taming etc.
The revamp brought with it unintended consequences like major exploits to create exploited pets, and other big issues with pets. Three people led the rest of us in taming testing, and posted their finding to the Devs, who eventually corrected these conceptual and coding errors to get what taming and pet training is now. These people were @Pawain, @Khaelor, and @Donavon who devoted massive time and effort to this.
Pets as they are today represent huge amount of time devoted and often very large uo gold price tag. They are pretty much intellectual valuable property of the tamers. It hurts very much to lose that in a glich, bug, game oversight or what have you.
We would like if possible to get some opinions and have also @Khaelor and @Donavon and other iconic tamers to weigh into this, though I can see why they may want to stay out of this conversation.
On a positive note by improving some the game mechanic this way, we may be adding a few years to the lifespan of this game.
Unless we present a reasonable, logical, well-thought recommendation to the Devs, they would not take us seriously at all.

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Let me say it again for the people in the back...

There is no bug. If there was, someone would be able to reproduce it.

There are only bad players who are not paying attention to their pets

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know if I'd go as far as saying this. There very well could be a bug. It just hasn't been confirmed because nobody has found out how to reproduce it. It's really not good practice for a dev team to fix bugs that can't be confirmed.

A few weeks ago I got PKed. I swear I had my weapon Siege blessed but when I rezzed, it wasn't there. I didn't run around screaming "bug" demanding that all items on Siege be blessed.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Let me say it again for the people in the back...

There are only bad players who are not paying attention to their pets
If there was, someone would be able to reproduce it.--> But they did reproduce it, and lost pets that way. They just posted it here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I reproduced it today without trying. Did the Dark forest spawn. Died right before the trees came out, went to res, got pet back. Setup my bandages and containers, Lored the pet, he was Wonderfully happy. Went back fought trees, fought a few para eles. When I sent it to the boss he kinda walked slow, so I checked him.
He was rather happy.

He went from Wonderfully happy to rather happy in 10 mins of playing the game like you should play it.
He never made any sounds saying he was not happy.

Something is wrong at that spawn.

BTW we played 10 hours before that in Ice today. No problem never had to feed him there.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Something tells me that you purposefully choose not to see reality,and that you just like to defy reality and ALL facts.
Here is your answer below, go through these posts. You may learn a thing or two from it.

https://community.stratics.com/members/jimmydeanbean.196865/

My Triton went wild and did not poof.

Cu Gone wild twice over 3 days - 110/110 , is this normal?

Tames going wild

Pet's remaining loyalty

Triton went wild?

Quick question on Bane dragons training

Bonded Pet died

Bonded Pet died

Hiryu vs lesser hiryu

Hiryu vs lesser hiryu

Bonded Pet died

Warning Pets lost at sea

Warning Pets lost at sea

My Skree went Poof

Pet Went wild

Mystery of the disappearing pets...

Vanishing Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon

Soooooo, my Greater Frost Dragon went wild

Wild Bug still alive and well

Ambusher's make Pet go wild.

Warning about pets going wild in invaded towns

Warning about pets going wild in invaded towns

Trained Cu went wild

pet went wild during spawn - looses hp

Pets Going Wild Bug

Pets Going Wild Bug

Frost dragon "cannot be tamed" ?

Nightmare instant wild near Virtuebane

There are more..and many that have not posted at all, I would suggest that some may have quit taming or the game also, depending on the loss. One person here already stated they quit taming for long time after the pet loss. In this very thread (The pink Hiryu).
There are more, just don't have the time resources to search the entire board and archive, and also the uo message board.

Reality check to summarise and close:
YES it did happen to these people, and pets were not unfed, or LOS, or accidentally released. These people are NOT lying or incorrect.
YES there are places and circumstances that can cause unexpected loss of loyalty, and YES the pet loss from these should NOT happen. YES it is uncommon for pets to go wild but it does happen.

And, ONCE AGAIN : The mechanic of TRAINED pet loss like this should NOT be there. It is old already.

You have presented no valid reasoning that would show any benefit for the tamers or the game to lose a fully trained and skilled pet.
Make it so that if a pet is TRAINED (i.e. the "new training", not necessarily just skilled untrained pets, CANNOT BE LOST TO A BUG OR ANY REASON UNLESS RELEASED. At the least make this for the trained pets.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you actually read those links before posting?
They are almost all explained by user error for not feeding pets or giving too many commands.

if like I proposed, pets disobeyed commands readily at 120 skill, owners would not forget to feed them and would not spam commands.

this link you posted was the clearest example

as for presenting valid reasons why a pet should go wild if it disobeys commands or is not fed. That is the game. You wouldn’t ask for valid reasons as to why you should lose gold to item insurance when you die, that is risk of the game.

Pets going poof is something different and would not be fixed by a sweeping pet never wild change.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Did you actually read those links before posting?
They are almost all explained by user error for not feeding pets or giving too many commands.

if like I proposed, pets disobeyed commands readily at 120 skill, owners would not forget to feed them and would not spam commands.

this link you posted was the clearest example

as for presenting valid reasons why a pet should go wild if it disobeys commands or is not fed. That is the game. You wouldn’t ask for valid reasons as to why you should lose gold to item insurance when you die, that is risk of the game.

Pets going poof is something different and would not be fixed by a sweeping pet never wild change.
I read them. Did you? And the shadow guard you read, should not have happened. Was not a player error, it was a game induced error. Looks like you are reading in these posts what you want, and not what is real.
Looks like you purposefully don't want to see what these posts implied. Everyone assumes it is something they did wrong. The reality is that the mechanic is wrong. Shadowguard should not cause you to LOSE a pet. No intended game mechanic should. Like you are not losing a 50% SDI book, a Chameo, a valuable sword in Shadowguard.
By the way are you playing the game at all? I wonder if you just post. Really.
Again to re-summarise it for you : The pets having undergone the new training should not be allowed to go wild and perm die, due to game mechanic, lag, game error or any reason: Make them inactive as many others said, kill the tamer penalize the tamer one way or another, but not lose the pet. Next thing in line I would guess would be a mechanic that will collapse your house/castle in a paid account with all its contents in a paid account accidentally?
UO Devs are well known to shoot selves in the foot in many cases leaving really unintended errors alone for years and years. This is one of them, an oversight, they should fix it. There are simple ways to do that without causing harm to the code.
The implication of the OP escapes you completely. It would not hurt the game in any way or anyone's play style, PVP or PVM.
You even postulate that with 120/120 taming/lore loyalty should drop to 25% chance of going wild? Good going.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I guess the next thing you will propose is new mechanic that tamers WALK their pets for 10 minutes so they can poop? If this is not done they should lose loyalty and get wild, right? :next: