• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs - Please add more warning gumps

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about everyone else but I am sick and tired of getting attacked or dying once every couple of years when a new patch comes out and I don't know where to go in the giant new lands or dungeons. Since when are dungeons supposed to pose any risk btw?

I have chosen to play Trammel ruleset so I fervently believe that under NO circumstance should I ever be in any danger. This interaction with other players that can possibly harm me is horrible and needs to be stopped asap. What the heck is the MMORPG world coming to these days? This kind of stuff is only supposed to happen in other games like checkers and monopoly. Not in an MMORPG. Btw, what does MMORPG stand for?

Anyways, I believe that from now on I should receive a warning gump that fills my entire screen and physically stops me from moving if there is any possibility of danger.

If I mistakenly walk through a Fel gate I want a gump.
If I mistakenly take a wrong path in a new dungeon I want 2 gumps.
If I choose to mine in Fel for all those tasty extra resources I want 3 gumps if anyone comes withon ten screens of me.
If I choose to do a quest(btw quest is kind of a scary sounding word so maybe we could start calling them playdates?)in a dungeon in a new land I want 10 gumps.
If I am camping in Luna and the town gets invaded while I am afk I want a gump and an audible alarm sent to my cellphone.

These are matters of rl life & death to me so please have these gumps instituted immediately.

Ty

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about everyone else but I am sick and tired of getting attacked or dying once every couple of years when a new patch comes out and I don't know where to go in the giant new lands or dungeons. Since when are dungeons supposed to pose any risk btw?

I have chosen to play Trammel ruleset so I fervently believe that under NO circumstance should I ever be in any danger. This interaction with other players that can possibly harm me is horrible and needs to be stopped asap. What the heck is the MMORPG world coming to these days? This kind of stuff is only supposed to happen in other games like checkers and monopoly. Not in an MMORPG. Btw, what does MMORPG stand for?

Anyways, I believe that from now on I should receive a warning gump that fills my entire screen and physically stops me from moving if there is any possibility of danger.

If I choose to mine in Fel for all those tasty extra resources I want 3 gumps if anyone comes withon ten screens of me.
If I choose to do a quest(btw quest is kind of a scary sounding word so maybe we could start calling them playdates?)in a dungeon in a new land I want 10 gumps.
If I am camping in Luna and the town gets invaded while I am afk I want a gump and an audible alarm sent to my cellphone.

These are matters of rl life & death to me so please have these gumps instituted immediately.

Ty
lol

That just about sums it up haha. Well put. :p

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this where I can post my phone number to get put on this list?!
Finally someone else is asking for what im thinking.:lie:

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah because people who play the Fel way never complain about anything do they....

Apples are overpowered!
NERF DRAGS!
NERF ARCHERS!
NERF SPACE
NERF MY HOUSE TILE

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers stated that there would be a warning menu. The publish notes state there is supposed to be a warning menu. It is not unreasonable to expect it to be there. This is the first time you've been able to walk into Felucca. Prior you needed to use a rune, gate or moongate. All of which are clearly labeled as going to Felucca.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers stated that there would be a warning menu. The publish notes state there is supposed to be a warning menu. It is not unreasonable to expect it to be there. This is the first time you've been able to walk into Felucca. Prior you needed to use a rune, gate or moongate. All of which are clearly labeled as going to Felucca.
The fact that you can simply just walk back into Tram so easily and avoid PvP isn't enough for you? Maybe we should ask the Devs to add in a perma Trammel shield that you can activate at will and have guards come and insta-kill everything in sight.

Why do we need something telling us that we might die? It takes away from the immersion and playability of the game. If I wanted to play an MMO that holds my hand every step of the way I would be playing WoW. That is NOT what UO is about and it never has been. The player should have to learn through experiance where is safe and where is not.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact that you can simply just walk back into Tram so easily and avoid PvP isn't enough for you? Maybe we should ask the Devs to add in a perma Trammel shield that you can activate at will and have guards come and insta-kill everything in sight.

Why do we need something telling us that we might die? It takes away from the immersion and playability of the game. If I wanted to play an MMO that holds my hand every step of the way I would be playing WoW. That is NOT what UO is about and it never has been. The player should have to learn through experiance where is safe and where is not.
Yeah...because then...any new players, unfamiliar with UO, and it's particular nuances can go out by themselves, and learn...at the hands of "Teachers".

But wait...there are thirty well equipped and experienced PKs (aka "Teachers") waiting in Ambush...they kill the Learning Noob, and then laugh at "The Noob"...who can either go recruit thirty friends to come back and fight the PKs, or quit. Or try to gain Utter Satisfaction...like YOU do...by escaping alive...Oh Joy!!

Or...they can go ask people in game they don't know to help them...but wait...

They could be tricked, and that is THEIR fault, for trusting people they don't know, in an MMO...stupid friggin noobs!@!

Or...they can go recruit people they know IRL to play UO with them. People they know, and trust...because after all...that is the ONLY person that you could even come CLOSE to REALLY trusting, right Sneaky?

I mean...after all...you just never REALLY know when someone who ACTS like a "Friend" in ANY game...or even in RL...may turn on you...and then, of course it is YOUR fault, for trusting ANYONE...especially someone who SEEMS like they COULD be trusted...I mean...they COULD be setting you up...right?

You go with your "Logic".

I will sit here, and be amused.

LOL.

:pancakes:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ty
Actually fortunately or unfortunately, in other games you can come upon unsuspecting players and PK them for no reason. After you kill them, they have basically lost a hour of their lives because how long it took them to gain 10% of experience. Neat huh?

Additionally, not trying to rain on your parade, but in other games the dungeons are the most dangerous places in the whole game. There's not many places to run and the places are usually just crawling with monsters.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yeah...because then...any new players, unfamiliar with UO, and it's particular nuances can go out by themselves, and learn...at the hands of "Teachers".

But wait...there are thirty well equipped and experienced PKs (aka "Teachers") waiting in Ambush...they kill the Learning Noob, and then laugh at "The Noob"...who can either go recruit thirty friends to come back and fight the PKs, or quit. Or try to gain Utter Satisfaction...like YOU do...by escaping alive...Oh Joy!!

Or...they can go ask people in game they don't know to help them...but wait...

They could be tricked, and that is THEIR fault, for trusting people they don't know, in an MMO...stupid friggin noobs!@!

Or...they can go recruit people they know IRL to play UO with them. People they know, and trust...because after all...that is the ONLY person that you could even come CLOSE to REALLY trusting, right Sneaky?

I mean...after all...you just never REALLY know when someone who ACTS like a "Friend" in ANY game...or even in RL...may turn on you...and then, of course it is YOUR fault, for trusting ANYONE...especially someone who SEEMS like they COULD be trusted...I mean...they COULD be setting you up...right?

You go with your "Logic".

I will sit here, and be amused.

LOL.

:pancakes:
Are you suggesting that games with non-consensual pvp are not popular? You do know just because "WoW" is a "big hit game" does not mean it is what the populace expects from a game, MOST if not all other MMOs have completely non-consensual pvp game play, there is absolutely no safety unless in town. So if we are talking about "new players" playing an mmo, they should expect area's to be unsafe. Also people who do not research the game they plan on playing and expect it to be a way it was never meant to be, should not even be near a computer....in fact...nvm.

Of course...sneaky has little logic behind his arguement, I very much doubt he plays "alone" and takes on his whole shard in pvp, so I suppose he is a hipocrite for doing what he says should not be done. *tips hat*

Either way...people need to stop complaining about people complaining, do you not see the ever lasting cycle? Besides that fact, people are not complaining simply because they "died" they are complaining because they were told one thing and got another, tell me none of you have ever complained about anything? Oh wait...you can't, this entire thread is a complaint. -.-