DEVs make UO consensual PvP only

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
May 25, 2017
Champ spawns are the only actual pvp left. Please leave them alone. You have every spawn except for champs and harrowers. Get over it.
There are actually some people interested in true PVP. The spawns part does not pertain to PVP, it pertains to PKing of people not interested in PVP. And every spawn in tram or elsewhere is also available to everyone, including PVP and non-PVP.
I guess one solution might be to make Fel Spawns non PVP area?

**ducks under the table to avoid the onslaught of rotten tomatoes, eggs, etc tossed**

Reactions: Lord Frodo

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 27, 2013
There are actually some people interested in true PVP. The spawns part does not pertain to PVP, it pertains to PKing of people not interested in PVP. And every spawn in tram or elsewhere is also available to everyone, including PVP and non-PVP.
I guess one solution might be to make Fel Spawns non PVP area?

**ducks under the table to avoid the onslaught of rotten tomatoes, eggs, etc tossed**
With out the spawn there is no point to pvp. No reward, nothing to fight for. it turns into Yew gate ganking.

I understand what you are saying but there are plenty of other areas in the game for pvmers to have fun. by plenty of others i mean 98 percent of the game. leave the 2 percent of the game i still enjoy alone please.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
So why not just go consensual PvP everywhere and give all UO content to every player Blue and Red alike. Blues get PSs and Reds get all the Tram goodies that they want and no more he got she got BS .
Because every evil red pk type, or nearly all of them, also have their secret blue trammies that they play. They already get the best of both worlds, they just won't admit to it.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014
Yes people will complain, that's what players do, we complain.

Just a quick history lesson...what happened after Trammel was introduced? The UO subscriber base doubled. Most players don't like being victimized by thieves and pks all the time. Any of you guys remember the bad old days?

When if you lagged at the Britain bank you got instantly got picked clean by thieves? Remember how it felt to constantly have to dodge PKs to do anything in UO other than sit in the thief infested towns? Maybe you forgot what it was like back then or maybe you are so noob you didn't play back in 1997-1998. Yet you think you want a full Felucca, it must have been something you've never experienced.

To me consensual PVP is about getting to choose when, where, if, and how you will engage in PVP and have a choice to fight or not. That sounds good to me! Who wants to deal with Pks and thieves when you are trying to do other stuff? Or when a fight is just not fair and you are out numbered/gunned? What is fun about being victimized? As a species we have this nasty little problem called human nature, we're jerks by nature who are never satisfied and will try to get every advantage we can over others.

We like to gank, trash talk, and make unfair fights. Strut like peacocks and think we're superior to everyone else. If someone else won, they cheated, if we won we're the superior player. If nobody wants to go to Felucca or PVP it's the developer's problem. Wrong my friends, you are the problem and always have been.

The developer cannot rewrite human nature and make us all play fair, make pvp perfect and balanced, etc. The second PVP was perfect, you guys would unbalance it again...you'd find a way...lol. You'd scream bloody murder because it was fair and balanced and now you can't win!

I've given you a perfect solution.

Kick us off to a new shard with a ruleset we like, that doesn't have all the inbuilt flaws of your system.

You can do what the heck you want, and be safe and sound.

I would then have no interest in your issues, and feel no need to complain on those topics. And Vice Versa.

Of course I would still complain about PvP balance, EC, Sampires and the crazy loot Itemisation - plenty left to complain about - but the whole Tram/Fel thing would be removed.
You could of course still complain about which Hue your Unicorn was, Multiboxers, Scripters, the Price of Powerscrolls, etc.

Edit - I wouldn't complain about Sampires, I'd PK every single freaking one. :)

I of course remember UO being really exciting and completely different to anything else going in those days. Trammel dulled it down to dishwater. Then WoW came out, which completely turned gaming into Disneyland. These days, all games have got boring, and no new concepts come out anymore, because the one that did - UO was throttled. No-one gets that excitement off a new release anymore, because they have got all Disneyfied and Formulaic.

As an aside, before Trammel was introduced, most of the world was playing on dial-up, and it was costing me £250 per month to play. Only the Swedish had broadband, and they dominated UO. The rest of us lagged to hell. Trammel was introduced at a time Broadband and Fibre were becoming more widespread worldwide, and UO became accessible to all. My point being, on a world-wide scale, Trammel was not the be all and end all - technological improvements in gaming made UO actually possible to play in a good way, hence more people joined in. My UO cost went down to £10 per month.

And since then, everything has been geared towards Trammel, content, propaganda etc.
And yet 20 years later - still Felucca won't die like you all want it to.
I wonder why.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 13, 2010
EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO EVERYTHING! Stop with all this nonsense in here. Just cause your scared to die in a video game to another player doesn't mean you lose access to the content. You guys do know that even if you die to a monster in UO you still lose insurance gold right?!?! ITs no different then going to run a spawn and dying to a player. If all these crybaby trammies got together on a shard they could run spawns all day long, but instead they would rather come on here and make false allegations about felucca and whine.

Reactions: Scribbles

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Oh really? So all those screams that "Trammies already have everything and Fel only has Power scrolls" and "Fel needs more content" must be a ruse as well. It seems like PvPers can farm everything after all. But for some reason they want to be the only ones to be able to farm power scrolls. Thanks for confirming.
Don't confuse new content as content they already have access to, same applies to trammel players.

Aside from this power scrolls were implemented by fiery ice for the same function they serve.

Its understandable the want to farm these freely via pvm only but don't guise as a favor to PVPers by "being able to access more content".

This was a request by a non PVPer, at least try to discuss it as such.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Thank you for posting this Rail and saving me the trouble........ It has absolutely nothing to do with PvP but maintaining status quos and the so called PvP communities sense of entitlement. Very few of todays PvP want actual PvP, they want easy kills and control over the key cash generating areas of the game. So yeah Oreo lets just call a spade a spade.
You had ample opportunity to reply, you merely let someone else give a rebuttal for your response.

Pvm players already access to the same content. No one is asking to pvp in all facets.

Reactions: Scribbles

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Yes people will complain, that's what players do, we complain.

Just a quick history lesson...what happened after Trammel was introduced? The UO subscriber base doubled. Most players don't like being victimized by thieves and pks all the time. Any of you guys remember the bad old days?

When if you lagged at the Britain bank you got instantly got picked clean by thieves? Remember how it felt to constantly have to dodge PKs to do anything in UO other than sit in the thief infested towns? Maybe you forgot what it was like back then or maybe you are so noob you didn't play back in 1997-1998. Yet you think you want a full Felucca, it must have been something you've never experienced.

To me consensual PVP is about getting to choose when, where, if, and how you will engage in PVP and have a choice to fight or not. That sounds good to me! Who wants to deal with Pks and thieves when you are trying to do other stuff? Or when a fight is just not fair and you are out numbered/gunned? What is fun about being victimized? As a species we have this nasty little problem called human nature, we're jerks by nature who are never satisfied and will try to get every advantage we can over others.

We like to gank, trash talk, and make unfair fights. Strut like peacocks and think we're superior to everyone else. If someone else won, they cheated, if we won we're the superior player. If nobody wants to go to Felucca or PVP it's the developer's problem. Wrong my friends, you are the problem and always have been.

The developer cannot rewrite human nature and make us all play fair, make pvp perfect and balanced, etc. The second PVP was perfect, you guys would unbalance it again...you'd find a way or you'd scream bloody murder because it was fair and balanced and now you can't win!
While you cite human nature you only offer PVPers being the problem.

I recall I've been attempted to be scammed and griefed by non PVPers as well.

The devs made it about as fair as it could be by separating the facets and by implementing shards like siege. I'd even consider playing it if they adjusted the character limit.

It's still mildly amusing people still claim to be PKed and victimized even with the separation and warning gumps that come with entering fel.

This all comes down to power scrolls and being able to farm them.

It was designed to be fel specific for pvp, and I don't blame anyone for wanting them to stay that way.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net

The devs made it about as fair as it could be by separating the facets and by implementing shards like siege. I'd even consider playing it if they adjusted the character limit.

It's still mildly amusing people still claim to be PKed and victimized even with the separation and warning gumps that come with entering fel.

This all comes down to power scrolls and being able to farm them.

It was designed to be fel specific for pvp, and I don't blame anyone for wanting them to stay that way.
IMO it's bad enough to have to deal with Push Thru in Fel or Paragons in Ilsh... as well as all the mage casting spawn and everything towards the end of most every champ spawn... but to have to deal with stealth archers potshotting you every oppertunity to 1 hit kill you and vanishing is NOT my idea of fun... IMO the spawn is more than enough challenge for me... I do not enjoy doing all the work to have some jerk like that come in at the last moment and take all my hard work. I don't find any thrill in trying to battle something that is constantly invising and pot shotting me. Does not make anything "fun" in the least. It makes it frustrating and annoying... eventually it just makes it not worth the effort. So you wonder then why Fel is dead and there is no one to fight???? Well IMO that's not really a fight. That's pretty darn 1 sided... That's like going to an EM Event with a boss that sucks you in and drops all those pools around it making it impossible to escape and making it so the ONLY way to recover your corpse is to have one of those cash bought staves in your possession to pull your corpse well out of the way.

No there is no joy in that and being "forced" to have to put up with that kind of crap in order to get PS is not my idea of community building. Sure I could get more people to do the spawn but with the low spawn rate and such most of them would be bored out of their minds looking for something anything to hit... much like trying to do most any dungeon anymore with a group... either the spawn is too overpowered...... such as Doom for a group or its so slow your bored to tears. PvP is NOT something I enjoy... it's something I'd much rather avoid like the plague it is... because IMO all it brings is Drama both in the game and OUT of the game. I'd prefer to never have to deal with it.

I didn't mind so much when it was for RP and no one looted, everyone knew the "rules" and it was often more of a fair and even fight... but when it's nothing but a slaughter and all one sided it isn't fun for anyone... and only breeds contempt... Which IMO has no place in a game played for "entertainment and enjoyment"... I can hardly enjoy something that irritates me and just makes playing miserable.

I'd rather they made Fel only ruleset shards that you can't transfer to or from and then turned all fel facets on normal shards to TRAM only and consentual only PvP and unbound the powerscrolls for the rest of civilized players.

Yes there are scumbags whereever you go looking to cheat and scam and exploit everything... but if they started actually enforcing the ToS they would eventually become a great minority...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
IMO it's bad enough to have to deal with Push Thru in Fel or Paragons in Ilsh... as well as all the mage casting spawn and everything towards the end of most every champ spawn... but to have to deal with stealth archers potshotting you every oppertunity to 1 hit kill you and vanishing is NOT my idea of fun... IMO the spawn is more than enough challenge for me... I do not enjoy doing all the work to have some jerk like that come in at the last moment and take all my hard work. I don't find any thrill in trying to battle something that is constantly invising and pot shotting me. Does not make anything "fun" in the least. It makes it frustrating and annoying... eventually it just makes it not worth the effort. So you wonder then why Fel is dead and there is no one to fight???? Well IMO that's not really a fight. That's pretty darn 1 sided... That's like going to an EM Event with a boss that sucks you in and drops all those pools around it making it impossible to escape and making it so the ONLY way to recover your corpse is to have one of those cash bought staves in your possession to pull your corpse well out of the way.

No there is no joy in that and being "forced" to have to put up with that kind of crap in order to get PS is not my idea of community building. Sure I could get more people to do the spawn but with the low spawn rate and such most of them would be bored out of their minds looking for something anything to hit... much like trying to do most any dungeon anymore with a group... either the spawn is too overpowered...... such as Doom for a group or its so slow your bored to tears. PvP is NOT something I enjoy... it's something I'd much rather avoid like the plague it is... because IMO all it brings is Drama both in the game and OUT of the game. I'd prefer to never have to deal with it.

I didn't mind so much when it was for RP and no one looted, everyone knew the "rules" and it was often more of a fair and even fight... but when it's nothing but a slaughter and all one sided it isn't fun for anyone... and only breeds contempt... Which IMO has no place in a game played for "entertainment and enjoyment"... I can hardly enjoy something that irritates me and just makes playing miserable.

I'd rather they made Fel only ruleset shards that you can't transfer to or from and then turned all fel facets on normal shards to TRAM only and consentual only PvP and unbound the powerscrolls for the rest of civilized players.

Yes there are scumbags whereever you go looking to cheat and scam and exploit everything... but if they started actually enforcing the ToS they would eventually become a great minority...

They did add that big warning gump for a reason. No one is forcing you to go there.

It's a pvp system you don't have to like it or even participate it in it.

Plus we played the same shard, I freely did spawns most of the time, mostly in despise.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Jan 13, 2016
Central NY - USA
Possibly could work. But still to make this work, you need somehow to disallow non-consensual PK in the non-all-Felucan shard. Otherwise nothing would really change for the regular shard.
This is the wrinkle in the all-Fel shard. But ... how about this:
1. Fel players have 60 days to do a 1-way copy of their characters to the new shard.
2. After that time period, what is now Fel rules facet will become Trammel rules.
3. Any red logging in on the old Fel facet is immediately destroyed by guards or something. TBH I have no darn way of figuring this one out.

I'm all for an all-Fel shard as long as anyone taking advantage of that shard removes all of their characters from the elder prodo shards. I wonder if these folks also realize they'll have to hunt for housing spots and all that?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2003
You had ample opportunity to reply, you merely let someone else give a rebuttal for your response.

Pvm players already access to the same content. No one is asking to pvp in all facets.
Truth is truth no matter who states it and some of us have big people things that have to be taken care of that take priority over responding to folks like you ;)

Reactions: celticus

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Create a full Feluccan shard, then you can have your Trammel way with UO.

No-one would or could complain then.
That would actually be great, there should be PvP only shards and NON PvP shards but it is never going to happen.

Reactions: celticus

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
My chair
pvp is one on one to show off who is the best one on one pvp killer. afterwards everyone in chat has to here how great someone else is and how they pwned the other even if its true or not.
pvp is also players vs players who fought in factions now VvV basicly group
pk is someone who goes around killing the innocent trammy who is killing monsters or innocent trammy who doesn't script collecting resources.
some follow a code they will kill you rez you back up and give your stuff. Then their is the ones who don't have a code kill you take all your stuff rez you then rekill you.

Reactions: Lord Frodo

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Jan 13, 2016
Central NY - USA
pvp is one on one to show off who is the best one on one pvp killer. afterwards everyone in chat has to here how great someone else is and how they pwned the other even if its true or not.
pvp is also players vs players who fought in factions now VvV basicly group
pk is someone who goes around killing the innocent trammy who is killing monsters or innocent trammy who doesn't script collecting resources.
some follow a code they will kill you rez you back up and give your stuff. Then their is the ones who don't have a code kill you take all your stuff rez you then rekill you.
Rule #1 if you are PK'd ... never, ever accept a rez from those who killed you. Avoids rez-kill 100%. It used to be you never carried anything on you that you didn't want to lose. Now it's if you don't insure it, you can lose it.

Reactions: Lady Michelle

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
May 25, 2017
That would actually be great, there should be PvP only shards and NON PvP shards but it is never going to happen.
But it is about time for it to happen? There are a lot of MMO and other games out there that have the option for PVP and non PVP shards. Is UO that badly derelict after 20 years in existence that they cannot manage something like this, especially with the changes in the game they implemented? Let them experiment with just ONE non PVP/Pk shard only and see what happens. The majority of the UO population would want to go on that server.

Reactions: Suelynn

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Truth is truth no matter who states it and some of us have big people things that have to be taken care of that take priority over responding to folks like you ;)
And yet here you are.

North_LS

Journeyman
Dec 8, 2017
my latest terrifying trip to felucca: I was doing a rikktor spawn at t2a terra sanctum, worked my way ALL the way up to rikky (with a few deaths, had a second account on a boat to rez), then brought both toons out to take down the champ. While tabbing between clients i didnt notice he'd moved into AoE range and ended up with both accounts dead. slunk back to my boat as a ghost, not looking forward to the trip to papua and back to get a rez at all.

Just as i got on my boat, a ninja archer PK came out of stealth, rezzed both toons, and gave me some bandages to rez my pets. he stuck around to make sure things didnt go bad again, then we chatted about the drops for a bit and went our seperate ways.

I'm not sure how i escaped that encounter without PTSD.

I die to PvM orders of magnitude more often than i die to other players.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2003
And yet here you are.
Yep there I was after 28 tons of rock spread, a load of RR Ties unloaded, a boar moved out of the breeding pen, injectors on a tractor cleaned and reset, the generators getting their spring oil changes and maint. and 8 miles of fence walked and repairs made and the sows moved to that pasture. Oh and a 30x96 greenhouse full of plants watered. Kind of amazing I had time to sit down and acknowledge your existence ain't it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Yep there I was after 28 tons of rock spread, a load of RR Ties unloaded, a boar moved out of the breeding pen, injectors on a tractor cleaned and reset, the generators getting their spring oil changes and maint. and 8 miles of fence walked and repairs made and the sows moved to that pasture. Oh and a 30x96 greenhouse full of plants watered. Kind of amazing I had time to sit down and acknowledge your existence ain't it.
You must work quick to do that an hour and a half after I replied, and only 7 minutes after rail did.

Syncros

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2018
TO
Remove power scrolls from fel/game and remake order vs chaos to include all lands, then you would get more PvP action everywhere any time and remove the imbalances power scrolls give.

Reactions: Giles

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Remove power scrolls from fel/game and remake order vs chaos to include all lands, then you would get more PvP action everywhere any time and remove the imbalances power scrolls give.
That's crazy talk!

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sep 30, 2015
My god, turn ALL of UO into a safe space? What's the fun in that? And why do you want it ALL to be a safe space incl Fel?

Not a good idea, take it from someone who's fondest memories of the game came from a time where TRAM didn't exist.

This is a non-starter, won't happen. A game without challenges would be boring as hell.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Dec 19, 2015

This all comes down to power scrolls and being able to farm them. - nope!!

Yep human nature alright, not just a pvper's problem, obviously. Which is why the PVMers are never happy with anything either. I don't give a hoot about power scrolls, etc. UO has by far the most F---ed up PVP in any MMORPG I have ever played and what has to be the most unbalanced, worst gui, pointless, most miserable gankfest on the internet. UO doesn't have even so much as a battleground or any real PVP content.

So it's up to you guys to make your own fun. If you're not having fun that isn't the fault of PVM players and don't expect DEVs to have a fix for it either.

Why don't you do what we did in the old days, have a Fred vs. Bob war if you're that bored. BTW the more you yell at everyone else and call us names, the less respect we have for PVPers in general. We've come to expect immaturity, egotism, and trash talk that would make a WWE wrestler blush but come on? Grow up already, you play a game that is 20 years old.

Many of us so-called PVMers were old school Feluccans, have played factions, good vs. evil, tried Siege Perilous, PKed, raiding harrowers, scrolls, and every other idiotic PVP activity and found that we didn't care for it. Whatever, we are still part of your community, and still paying customers.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
Yep human nature alright, not just a pvper's problem, obviously. Which is why the PVMers are never happy with anything either. I don't give a hoot about power scrolls, etc. UO has by far the most F---ed up PVP in any MMORPG I have ever played and what has to be the most unbalanced, worst gui, pointless, most miserable gankfest on the internet. UO doesn't have even so much as a battleground or any real PVP content.

So it's up to you guys to make your own fun. If you're not having fun that isn't the fault of PVM players and don't expect DEVs to have a fix for it either.

Why don't you do what we did in the old days, have a Fred vs. Bob war if you're that bored. BTW the more you yell at everyone else and call us names, the less respect we have for PVPers in general. We've come to expect immaturity, egotism, and trash talk that would make a WWE wrestler blush but come on? Grow up already, you play a game that is 20 years old.

Many of us so-called PVMers were old school Feluccans, have played factions, good vs. evil, tried Siege Perilous, PKed, raiding harrowers, scrolls, and every other idiotic PVP activity and found that we didn't care for it. Whatever, we are still part of your community, and still paying customers.
There is no fault in requesting pvp content or fixes. This thread however, isn't one of them.

I don't know what shard you play but most PVPers I've ever played with aren't the types you've grossly generalized them (us) all to be.

I pity the bias, but to each their own.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
The is a false conclusion as it didn't offer anything other than a toggle switch that allowed players to go into fel without being PKed.

Let's call a spade a spade.
I guess your reading comprehension really sucks. Because I said all of UO so here let me put it so you can understand. If you are ANYWHERE in UO and you have agreed to PvP then any body that has done the same can fight you ANYWHERE in UO. Is that easier to understand.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Create a full Feluccan shard, then you can have your Trammel way with UO.

No-one would or could complain then.
So you want the DEVs to make a 3rd Fel shard, boy what a waiste of resources or is SP to hard for you. You want your care bear Fel with Ins.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
With out the spawn there is no point to pvp. No reward, nothing to fight for. it turns into Yew gate ganking.

I understand what you are saying but there are plenty of other areas in the game for pvmers to have fun. by plenty of others i mean 98 percent of the game. leave the 2 percent of the game i still enjoy alone please.
So the only way you can PvP is with a item reward, sure sounds like a PKer killing a PvMer to me.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
There is no fault in requesting pvp content or fixes. This thread however, isn't one of them.

I don't know what shard you play but most PVPers I've ever played with aren't the types you've grossly generalized them (us) all to be.

I pity the bias, but to each their own.
So are you trying to tell us that you are a respectful Pker, how nice to know. Killing PvMers really boosts your ego don't it. Gotta have that item to prove how great a PKer you really are. PSs and AoS killed PvP and turned you into nothing but glorified PKers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
oh boy...I pity the felucca population of prodo shards for having to put up with the constant crying threads like this. You people make it sound like going to felucca means you will see monochrome 100% of the time as soon as you leave guardzone.
You want to hear cry babies just listen to the PKers when you talk about taking away their only reason to PvP or tell them to play SP and we all know that SP is way to hard for the care bear prodo shard PKers. This isn't about guardzone fighting it is about the PvPers insisting that they need and item to fight over but what is funny is they are killing PvMers not other PvPers because they can't handle that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO EVERYTHING! Stop with all this nonsense in here. Just cause your scared to die in a video game to another player doesn't mean you lose access to the content. You guys do know that even if you die to a monster in UO you still lose insurance gold right?!?! ITs no different then going to run a spawn and dying to a player. If all these crybaby trammies got together on a shard they could run spawns all day long, but instead they would rather come on here and make false allegations about felucca and whine.
Spoken like a true PKer trash talken in Gen Chat about how LEET they are.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If my home shard gets on/off switches so there's no non-con PvP in the entire game... My account will be immed closed. That isn't the game I started with, enjoyed for decades, & want to play. Some of the hardest times I've laughed in this game was from being killed & looted dry by others (one guy left only a "Your the Greatest !" anniversary muffin on my corpse.)

There are plenty of PvPers left in UO. We fight daily over pretty much anything we can. Sure some(mayb alot?) are toxic, its the nature of any online game. There's also alot that aren't. Ignore it like you do the schmuck blowing his car horn for nothing. We're adults, it happens, deal with it(or block/ignore them).

Non-Con PvP has been, is now, & always will be part of the game(hopefully). PK.... PvP... its basically the same. If someone PKs u then u were involved in PvP.... :dunce:*duh*. If you don't even try to fight back who's fault is it?What have u got to lose? Hopefully u learn something over time, I know I have.

I play most all the content - PvP & PvM. I farm Medusa, Navrey, many PvM spawns & many quests (all Eodon). Both sides are fun. I do Fel spawns solo every week & sometimes get raided. I get killed but I don't go crying to change the game. If ur trying to work weekend/evening spawns on one of the biggest shards.... for Pete's Sake, I HOPE u get raided. If not then our game really is dying(as folks been saying for 19yrs. :coco:)

I really tried not to point a finger at anyone in my comment but I couldn't stop myself here. Sorry.

So the only way you can PvP is with a item reward, sure sounds like a PKer killing a PvMer to me.
Really bro? Ipso facto, PvM folks only do PvM for an item reward? This ENTIRE game is based on doing things for an item reward. That's ALL our GOAL & there's NOTHING wrong w/ that. I can't stand Yew but put me in a Harry fight or Champ fight where the teams r goal oriented? That can be pure UO magic win or lose.

Fel Champ spawns are akin to end game content. You may have to fight some of the hardest things in the game & most times ur gonna need help. Strength in numbers ! This represents most ALL games currently. Changing the game so PvM farmers can move in w/o any challenge would be detrimental to all of UO. PvPers would quit in record numbers & many PvMers would soon realize a monotonous challengless UO. The learning curve for PvM is nothing compared to PvP. Some of ya'll are arguing to remove a HUGE portion of content so you won't die in an online that's centered on folks dying? Seriously ?!?

From time 2 time my guild & many others offer protection for smaller guilds WHEN ASKED. Last time we did this, we never hit the boss, never asked for a scroll, & went looking to have some fun fighting that was GOAL ORIENTED. Break that wall u've built around urself by only fighting Tram stuff & communicate with others. Its a big game. U may find everyone isn't as sinister as u think.

As for another PvP Shard ? We have Seige & Mugen. If another one starts, I couldn't care less so long as its non-transferable.
If u try to chase me out of Fel on my home shard of +20yrs by transforming it into ™Candy Land™ u got a fight on ur hands :arr:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014
Ignore it like you do the schmuck blowing his car horn for nothing. We're adults, it happens, deal with it(or block/ignore them).

As for another PvP Shard ? We have Seige & Mugen. If another one starts, I couldn't care less so long as its non-transferable.
If u try to chase me out of Fel on my home shard of +20yrs by transforming it into ™Candy Land™ u got a fight on ur hands :arr:

I was cycling home last night, and 2 girls in their car shouted C**t!! at me as they overtook me!!!
No idea why, I was going up a really steep hill at the time, and may have slowed them down...
Normally, I would have caught up with them, and shouted something back, but this damn hill was way too steep, I couldn't catch up! :D

And yes, I completely get the rest of your post. :)
My concept is partly self preservation due to the way some forum Trammies are thinking right now.
But partly, I wish it had happened years ago, the concept itself is good I believe, and could still work, but lets see.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
I guess your reading comprehension really sucks. Because I said all of UO so here let me put it so you can understand. If you are ANYWHERE in UO and you have agreed to PvP then any body that has done the same can fight you ANYWHERE in UO. Is that easier to understand.
No one is asking for that but you.

I understood it fine the first time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
So are you trying to tell us that you are a respectful Pker, how nice to know. Killing PvMers really boosts your ego don't it. Gotta have that item to prove how great a PKer you really are. PSs and AoS killed PvP and turned you into nothing but glorified PKers.
Id be lieing if I said I never killed one doing a spawn. But the last time I recall doing it I gave them their scrolls after i resurrected them.

The evil PKers argument only goes so far man. I'd be more interested in learning why you think they should let power scrolls be a pvm function only. But not dressed up as a favor for PVP players.

Reactions: chester rockwell

North_LS

Journeyman
Dec 8, 2017
regarding the accusation that pvpers are *only* looking to PK people to steal easy items... its a LOT easier to rip through a spawn than it is to scout every altar over and over until you find a group of people to try and take out. i'm gonna go out on a limb and bet its more than just the handful of scrolls on the line, its the thrill of the hunt. the fact that theres something on the line adds to it, and for me at least, when im doing a spawn i kinda like the idea that raiders could come crashing in at any time. they generally dont, but i know i have to pay a bit more attention than i would on another facet.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 27, 2013
That is not PvP, that is a PKers killing a PvMer. There are no more PvPers anymore, just greedy PKers.
look bud, UO was not meant to be a utopia. It was supposed to represent a time when there were no safety nets. Mix that in with some magic and lore and that was UO. It is the game thousands fell in love with. It was a time when you had to band together with your fellow mates in order to win something. Champ spawns are that. Get together with your friends and win something. There is not a single thing in this game that isnt soloable because its all based in tram. champs and harrys are something in this game that requires a bit of effort.

Stop asking for free candy and man up get some buddies and learn how to defend. you dont even have to fight. just learn to defend yourself. It isnt that hard.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
regarding the accusation that pvpers are *only* looking to PK people to steal easy items... its a LOT easier to rip through a spawn than it is to scout every altar over and over until you find a group of people to try and take out. i'm gonna go out on a limb and bet its more than just the handful of scrolls on the line, its the thrill of the hunt. the fact that theres something on the line adds to it, and for me at least, when im doing a spawn i kinda like the idea that raiders could come crashing in at any time. they generally dont, but i know i have to pay a bit more attention than i would on another facet.
Sorry but most of the pvp/pks in this thread are full of crap. Siege has been a shard designed for this since it's inception. There is a good, albeit small group of PvPrs on Siege that get by just fine fulfilling their pvp needs. Occasionally others from other shards come over and give it a try but most of them fail and move on. There are a handful that stick around and wreak havoc or cause a steady stir in the environment and actually bring something to the flavor of Siege. Then there are you jokers, and you know who you are. You scream you want an all Felucca shard but you know you don't all really want that. If you were "forced" to move all of your characters to a pvp only shard most of you would quit and you know it. A small few would stick around and do nothing but ghost cam champ spawns, and then rush in and raid it for scrolls, or you would run around Yew gate with your entire suit insured pretending that you're actually having fun. If you're such die hard fighter types that only get your heart rate up by fighting real people why can't you come to Siege and work up characters and then do it there every day ? Yeah yeah I know, some of you will reply now and talk about how terrible it is, and how people house hide. No, those are PvMr's who play here because they like the Fear Factor, that doesn't mean they enjoy getting their a$$ handed to them and then dry looted of their tamer LRC suits, that's not pvp and you know it. If there aren't enough active PvPrs for your liking, bring your damn friends with you and set up shop , but here's a tip, don't be such a Douchebag when you do come over. If you kill one , two or 50 people, gather up your spoils take them back to your house, put them on a vendor, whatever, but don't scream out your useless drivel like you tend to do. And if Bo, Max and the rest of the Vice group get the best of you, don't lie in GC that it was 8v2 and Siege sux and there's never any suits for sale, just go back to your production shard, trammel facet where you KNOW you spend most of your time. Then start up another Stratics thread about how you need an all felucca shard....end rant.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 27, 2013
Sorry but most of the pvp/pks in this thread are full of crap. Siege has been a shard designed for this since it's inception. There is a good, albeit small group of PvPrs on Siege that get by just fine fulfilling their pvp needs. Occasionally others from other shards come over and give it a try but most of them fail and move on. There are a handful that stick around and wreak havoc or cause a steady stir in the environment and actually bring something to the flavor of Siege. Then there are you jokers, and you know who you are. You scream you want an all Felucca shard but you know you don't all really want that. If you were "forced" to move all of your characters to a pvp only shard most of you would quit and you know it. A small few would stick around and do nothing but ghost cam champ spawns, and then rush in and raid it for scrolls, or you would run around Yew gate with your entire suit insured pretending that you're actually having fun. If you're such die hard fighter types that only get your heart rate up by fighting real people why can't you come to Siege and work up characters and then do it there every day ? Yeah yeah I know, some of you will reply now and talk about how terrible it is, and how people house hide. No, those are PvMr's who play here because they like the Fear Factor, that doesn't mean they enjoy getting their a$$ handed to them and then dry looted of their tamer LRC suits, that's not pvp and you know it. If there aren't enough active PvPrs for your liking, bring your damn friends with you and set up shop , but here's a tip, don't be such a Douchebag when you do come over. If you kill one , two or 50 people, gather up your spoils take them back to your house, put them on a vendor, whatever, but don't scream out your useless drivel like you tend to do. And if Bo, Max and the rest of the Vice group get the best of you, don't lie in GC that it was 8v2 and Siege sux and there's never any suits for sale, just go back to your production shard, trammel facet where you KNOW you spend most of your time. Then start up another Stratics thread about how you need an all felucca shard....end rant.
Siege is awesome. but it isnt something someone can just log in for 30 minutes a day to have fun on. It takes a lot of work and more than one account to be good on siege. I think if they would remove the character limit most people would be a lot more willing to go there. Not to mention. No one right now could have a character built on siege immediately like they are used to on prodo shards.

I have been training toons on siege for a long time. still not even close to being done. Granted i rarely have time to do so. Over all siege is very different than what some are asking for here. And i get the feeling they are only asking for a fel shard only with a normal rules set because they are tired of the trammel players whining they dont have power scrolls for their new pets.

Reactions: OREOGL

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
Siege is awesome. but it isnt something someone can just log in for 30 minutes a day to have fun on. It takes a lot of work and more than one account to be good on siege. I think if they would remove the character limit most people would be a lot more willing to go there. Not to mention. No one right now could have a character built on siege immediately like they are used to on prodo shards.

I have been training toons on siege for a long time. still not even close to being done. Granted i rarely have time to do so. Over all siege is very different than what some are asking for here. And i get the feeling they are only asking for a fel shard only with a normal rules set because they are tired of the trammel players whining they dont have power scrolls for their new pets.
Yeah I realize the 1 toon limit isn't appealing. A lot of regular residents wish they would increase it, but for some reason @Mesanna thinks the shard is perfect the way it is. Of course she and 2 or 3 others are the only ones that think that.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 27, 2013
Yeah I realize the 1 toon limit isn't appealing. A lot of regular residents wish they would increase it, but for some reason @Mesanna thinks the shard is perfect the way it is. Of course she and 2 or 3 others are the only ones that think that.
hehe yeah that makes since. even if it was just 3. So people could have one crafter, one dexxer and one mage. I think that would suffice.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014

Hi Garth,

There is a lot to reply to here.
I sort of feel I have covered all of these points within my other thread within my responses.
I do believe you have missed the point, and I cannot relate to where you are going with this, due to none of this being my playstyle or attitude as such.

What I will say, is the Siege ruleset is too extreme, and I have noted the reasons why for me, in my 2nd response in my Feluccan Shard thread.
{To then turn that into Siege is too hard for Carebear me, is a bit extreme - it is, but not for the reasons players say - they are using that as a Troll, to continue dictating their rules over Production Shards, by pretending there is an equal choice}.
If Siege itself were to be updated, to the current production scenario, with a Felucca ruleset overall, it would be perfect, we would all come flooding over.
But I did not expect any Siege players to be cool with that idea, so I went with the middle way.
You may not believe in the concept, but there is clearly room for it - and I believe the players.

• Yes, I would ditch everything I have.
  • I hardly spend any of my time in Trammel, maybe 5%.
  • I don't Ghost Cam spawns, I play them myself, and invite others to raid our team, including Harry - last night was Abyssal Infernal.
  • I create events and action, and do stuff with our team, because that is what I find fun, and it has a positive knock-on effect of bringing action wherever I go. :) I enjoy playing all the game content, I don't do Yew Gate - rarely.
  • I'm just not that player you are aiming your rant at, but so far, Siege has not proven a solution that can work for me - see other post.

Last edited: