• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev's are you high ?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
• Hit lower defense now scales 35% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.

Dexers are already OP'd and hit every dang time as it is. Why are you destroying the mage template ?

You're high I tell ya ...

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So either be a glass canon or a parry/wrestle mage with no spell power ... awesome.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no equivalent dexer nerf, they're still a clickity townie. I have an angry face now :|

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That you can increase your cap now to 70 is something you have not even biothered to look up?
Please, before you start a rant, check the facts!
Please read the orange part of my original post. Every time someone like you answers without taking their own advice.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That you can increase your cap now to 70 is something you have not even biothered to look up?
Please, before you start a rant, check the facts!
Unless I am mistaken, mages really won't have the option to increase their DCI cap if refinements can only be applied to non-medable armor. Hence the reason it is a Mage neft unless you are a wrestle parry Mage for the extra block chance.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should make it so you can't overcap fire resist for vampiric embrace

:eyes:

Oh man that'd be a fun day on the boards.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yet fails to mention a 45dci player/mage now only gets lowered to 30dci instead of 20, thus getting a boost.

hmm i didn't see this anywhere in the notes: http://www.uo.com/article/Pub-81-Publish-Notes
even so it's silly, my mage weapon'd toon is 70 dci and when i get hit hld'd down to 45 i still get hit every time. attacker has 45 hci and defender has 45 dci and the defender still gets hit way way way more often than not.
Where did you find this info Cetric ?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

dude you are pure evil to even spawn the idea into the dev's head :eek:

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

oh god please no don't even go there they might actually think that's a good idea

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm i didn't see this anywhere in the notes: http://www.uo.com/article/Pub-81-Publish-Notes
even so it's silly, my mage weapon'd toon is 70 dci and when i get hit hld'd down to 45 i still get hit every time. attacker has 45 hci and defender has 45 dci and the defender still gets hit way way way more often than not.
Where did you find this info Cetric ?
35% of 45dci is 15ish dci, 45-15=30dci

Last edited:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
35% of 45dci is 15ish dci, 45-15=30dci
right , i get that. 29.25 actually but i hear ya. You know what else bothers me ? A ranged weapon dexer can attack while moving but a mage has to stand still and do a special dance in order to cast a spell ? Bring back the old tank mages when they could fireball on the run, THAT would be fair. Spells are words... i can talk and ride a horse at the same time kthxbai you're high devs

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you Overcap your Resists to Compensate for Curse?
I see your point. One of my toons is over capped in phy when in some sort of form... i need to verify.
Great now they're gonna deny over-cap on everything... thanks El

Last edited:

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was actually that curse grants mages 33% Damage increase in their Spells.

Curse
33 %Damage Increase ( 30% Damage taken to 40% Damage taken)
Removable by Spells and Consumables. What's the wait timer on an apple 30s? Otherwise you need to Invest skill into chiv to remove the spell.
LONG Timer if no Consumables/Spells
Have to Cast The Spell
Mana

HLD
Lowers your Chance to Block an Attack by 35%
Unremovable by items or Spells
Short timer ( 6s on a Ranged Weapon? )
Waste Imbuing Intensity or have to wear Mace and Shield Glasses.

---- MAGES only Need an Investment of 15 Skill Points to = 120 Skill points worth of Block chance.

I'm not going to get into the age old debate of mage VS dexxer. I've played both, I know which is more Survivable in a 1v1 and I know which is better at playing teams and which one can take advantage of their surroundings. Each Class has its Plus' And its downsides. Hell, I've even Played Healing Mages, which is Really easy to do now with Reforging.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was actually that curse grants mages 33% Damage increase in their Spells.

Curse
33 %Damage Increase ( 30% Damage taken to 40% Damage taken)
Removable by Spells and Consumables. What's the wait timer on an apple 30s? Otherwise you need to Invest skill into chiv to remove the spell.
LONG Timer if no Consumables/Spells
Have to Cast The Spell
Mana

HLD
Lowers your Chance to Block an Attack by 35%
Unremovable by items or Spells
Short timer ( 6s on a Ranged Weapon? )
Waste Imbuing Intensity or have to wear Mace and Shield Glasses.

---- MAGES only Need an Investment of 15 Skill Points to = 120 Skill points worth of Block chance.

I'm not going to get into the age old debate of mage VS dexxer. I've played both, I know which is more Survivable in a 1v1 and I know which is better at playing teams and which one can take advantage of their surroundings. Each Class has its Plus' And its downsides. Hell, I've even Played Healing Mages, which is Really easy to do now with Reforging.

Elden, dexers hit me every f'n time ... EVERYTIME ! They speedhack and say they don't and hit me every time so that block chance doesn't work wtih me... EVER. That mage weapon scenario you mention gives me ZERO chance to block as it is at 45/45, ZERO! Now that it's 30/45 it's an utter joke. If i curse them they apple then i cannot cast another spell against them, period. These are people who cannot play mages and this makes dexers feel like they contribute because they are vastly op'd. Forget a group field fight, that's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about 1v1 a dexer with my scribe poison mage. Just as the topic states, now that i'm lowered to 30 dci after hld, there is nothing a mage can do to apply HLA to a dexer so the dci to hci ratio is 30/45. I'm not crying or trying to sound like a baby here, it's just ridiculous that I get hit every time, add bleed and it becomes an utter joke. Don't get me wrong, i know there are scribe poison mages out there that can kill the best dexers out there, but now that the ratio will always be 30/45, things WILL change for the worse for mages.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse vs. HLD [...]
You forgot to mention HLD is random, can proc every hit, and can be used at range, running, and at range while running without a chance of interruption. Great potential but unreliable due to nature of RNG. Curse, on the other hand, is 100% on cast despite disadvantage of needing to cast it.

Waste Imbuing Intensity or have to wear Mace and Shield Glasses
DI/SSI/Hit Spell/Stam Leech/HLD isn't enough? or HLA if you don't need the SSI? Or all of them if you land a nice Val? Adding HLD isn't much of a burden for a dexxer, lol. Mages, on the other hand, have to choose between HLA or DCI. Can't have both, and it doesn't even matter once a mage wep get disarmed (plus you have to do a quest of sorts in order to fit the DCI).

MAGES only Need an Investment of 15 Skill Points to = 120 Skill points worth of Block chance.
Which goes bye-bye after one disarm. A mage wep mage can't generally disarm back. The only time a mage wep is OP is if the mage gets the upper hand by casting off screen, which, as it turns out, doesn't involve HCI/DCI or hit chance at all ;P.

I think the more appropriate balance check to bring up is how they nerfed weapon specials (disarm, mortal, bleed). They nerfed DCI, but the weapon special nerfs were supposed to keep the balance. Shrugs. I don't see how much has changed. Disarm, bleed, dead mage wep mage. Precast, dexxer on the run two screens away and chugging ;D.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to stray anymore off Topic than I already have. I know that HLD is going to seem "OP" Now, but that's just because people were so used to being able to overcap their dci and not having to worry about it. My whole Guild literally Dropped HLD off all of our weapons because it was utterly useless against any mage that was half way worth a damn.

Forget a group field fight, that's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about 1v1 a dexer with my scribe poison mage.
This would be like me complaining that my dexxer is at a disadvantage in a field fight? I once killed 3 idiot archers in the SL Dungeon using nothing but E-Fields and a rising Collosus.

As Cetric's Sig Says.

Please nerf Paper, it is wayyyy too overpowered. But leave Scissors alone, it is fine like it is.
Signed-
Rock

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd probably play a Mage better if you took poisoning off. It's as gimp as dexing.
But the dexers have poisoning that automatically does an added level of poisoning because it's applied with a weapon. If a dexer is gimp, what is it WITH poisoning ?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to stray anymore off Topic than I already have. I know that HLD is going to seem "OP" Now, but that's just because people were so used to being able to overcap their dci and not having to worry about it. My whole Guild literally Dropped HLD off all of our weapons because it was utterly useless against any mage that was half way worth a damn.
none of this addresses the 30 dci/ 45 hci that is in the latest publish

This would be like me complaining that my dexxer is at a disadvantage in a field fight? I once killed 3 idiot archers in the SL Dungeon using nothing but E-Fields and a rising Collosus.

As Cetric's Sig Says.
Once is the exception, not the rule. E-fielding in a corridor /choke and using an RC... how often does that happen ? Three moving shot archers in the field against your mage... what is the result ? Now think about 30/45 ...

Last edited:

Kei

Knight of Kingdom of God
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree that the HLD change is really bad. I mean mages are forced to take up wrestling with parry to be viable against dexer.

And now with this HLD change, it just makes it even harder for mages.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mystic mages can just start using non medable armor becasue they dnt need med with focus and up there dci to compisate for the hdl but thats only one of the mage styles that can be adapted with out parry wrestle

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to mention that you can easily put mage armor on any piece of armor now so rebuild your suit corectly and this isnt really an issue

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that HLD is going to seem "OP" Now, but that's just because people were so used to being able to overcap their dci and not having to worry about it. My whole Guild literally Dropped HLD off all of our weapons because it was utterly useless against any mage that was half way worth a damn.
Pretty much on-par. I play both dexers and mages, i'll feel it being somewhat helpfulon my dexers although my mageweap mages with 45dci are pretty pleased right now. my couple wrestle mages that had 60+dci, it will hurt, but it doesn't seem horrible.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You should be put up on a pike in the middle of Yew for mentioning this where the Dev's can see it. :)

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once is the exception, not the rule. E-fielding in a corridor /choke and using an RC... how often does that happen ? Three moving shot archers in the field against your mage... what is the result ? Now think about 30/45 ...
The result is I book it to the nearest chokepoint/river/rooftop as fast as my little legs will carry me because i'm not dumb enough to try and take on 3 archers with a mage in an open field. WHICH is exactly what I did in that Situation. I was fighting the archers in yew and dragged them to the SL Base and killed them.... *Facepalm*

Its all About the Situation.

Think a mage should be able to toe to toe a dexxer Point Blank with 0 Real Skill Invested into Blocking/Defense? Its practically mandatory for a Dexxer to have resisting spells. 120 Skill Points Just to Avoid being paralyzed Non stop and to have some more Resistance to being Poisoned, but all a mage needs is + 15 on its jewels to take advantage of 120 Points worth of weapon skill block chance, freeing you up to put a whole other skill onto your template. You think HLD actually Lowering your Chance to Block isn't Right?

Its not Fair for a mage to need parry/wrestle/Anatomy to be harder to hit?

I dunno, maybe I'm just Crazy. I'll make a couple new Mages, bring them to atlantic, after the Publish, and see what happens.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The poster above is suggesting you shouldn't get any benefit from having to learn to play a character as opposed to just moving the cursor round to chase an opponent with maybe 4-6 hot keys.

Mages should be better and much more powerful because they take SKILL to play over a point an click dexer.

But, you're all wrong in that only party mages have a chance. My main is a necro scribe and all I do, is buff myself down to minimal phys resist, then explo blood oath dexers(archers get suckered in hard) quick disarm before hand guarantees their gonna hit me then after the first hit, I rearm and pain spike. Killed loads of dexers lately with this

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The poster above is suggesting you shouldn't get any benefit from having to learn to play a character as opposed to just moving the cursor round to chase an opponent with maybe 4-6 hot keys.
Both my mages and my dexxers had the Same # of macros. A hell of a lot more than 5-6 too. I can ramble them off if you would like. Nice try though. I had 2 archers, 2 thowers, 2 mystic mages, and 1 Pure mage Spread out across 5 shards before all my guildmates left the Game for SWTOR. When they were active, we would pick which shard and which characters we wanted to play based on who else was on. If I was by Myself, I would of Course take out one of my archers, but if any other member of the guild was on, I was usually on my mage.

Nice strategy with ye ol Bload Oath.... If they use Physical Damage weapons..... Any Dexxer monkey with more than 6 Macros uses 100% Elemental Weapons to Avoid Reflect Physical and to do more damage to cursed targets.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What's wrong with you....I'm going to find my pitchfork and torch and come over to visit..

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a dexxer I sure wish I actually hit every single time like the OP claims we do. Really I think mages will be fine.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The result is I book it to the nearest chokepoint/river/rooftop as fast as my little legs will carry me because i'm not dumb enough to try and take on 3 archers with a mage in an open field. WHICH is exactly what I did in that Situation. I was fighting the archers in yew and dragged them to the SL Base and killed them.... *Facepalm*

Its all About the Situation.

Think a mage should be able to toe to toe a dexxer Point Blank with 0 Real Skill Invested into Blocking/Defense? Its practically mandatory for a Dexxer to have resisting spells. 120 Skill Points Just to Avoid being paralyzed Non stop and to have some more Resistance to being Poisoned, but all a mage needs is + 15 on its jewels to take advantage of 120 Points worth of weapon skill block chance, freeing you up to put a whole other skill onto your template. You think HLD actually Lowering your Chance to Block isn't Right?

Its not Fair for a mage to need parry/wrestle/Anatomy to be harder to hit?

I dunno, maybe I'm just Crazy. I'll make a couple new Mages, bring them to atlantic, after the Publish, and see what happens.
Yeah I am hoping this hld/dci change will make things a little more balanced between the two types of classes. I mean is the idea that mages might feel the need to actually invest some points into defense so horrible to some? Besides they put a timer on disarm *I think it only applies to weapons btw not wrestle so once again mages come on top here* So I am guessing many will still just continue with the -15 mage weapon. Really some comments in this thread are a great example of why the devs have to be careful about what players they listen to..

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate everyone's input and comments ... the only point i'm trying to make is 29/45 is unbalanced, favoring dexers.
Maybe my red mage gets hit all the time from dexers for the same reason my blue mage never gets webbed at navery... variables that have nothing to do with the RNG but they just happen at complete random to certain people. Obviously some of you mages don't get hit every time from dexers the way i do , if i'm reading your responses correctly.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
chise2. I would not even bother with a thread like this. The developers will very likely not even read a thread with such a rude title.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both my mages and my dexxers had the Same # of macros. A hell of a lot more than 5-6 too. I can ramble them off if you would like. Nice try though. I had 2 archers, 2 thowers, 2 mystic mages, and 1 Pure mage Spread out across 5 shards before all my guildmates left the Game for SWTOR. When they were active, we would pick which shard and which characters we wanted to play based on who else was on. If I was by Myself, I would of Course take out one of my archers, but if any other member of the guild was on, I was usually on my mage.

Nice strategy with ye ol Bload Oath.... If they use Physical Damage weapons..... Any Dexxer monkey with more than 6 Macros uses 100% Elemental Weapons to Avoid Reflect Physical and to do more damage to cursed targets.

Are you still trying to suggest that timing bush, chiv or ninja spells is just as hard or as skilled as Mage ones and there should be no extra benefit from learning a Mage craft over running and hoping that a bunch of numbers and calculations land a blow?

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still trying to suggest that timing bush, chiv or ninja spells is just as hard or as skilled as Mage ones and there should be no extra benefit from learning a Mage craft
Where did I state that in any of my posts?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no equivalent dexer nerf, they're still a clickity townie. I have an angry face now :|
Equivalent how?

What was the equivalent warrior boost when focus mages got the huge sdi boost?

Did you also not read up on the new warrior/stamina nerfs?

Or is nerfing an entire class(Throwers)and reducing stamina/ssi in every form on all other warrior classes not a nerf in your eyes?

*shakes head*

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I see your point. One of my toons is over capped in phy when in some sort of form... i need to verify.
Great now they're gonna deny over-cap on everything... thanks El
Maybe they should deny over-cap, would make the game much more realistic rather then stack everything.....

Could definitely make some templates more viable and make playing fun again....so bored with the grind, was looking forward to this new publish just for something to new to do...

But, if over-cap was gone...well, that opens a whole new world of PvP fun :) I say thumbs up to ending over-cap (even to my own detriment)

:eek: buahahahahahhaahhahahaahha

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Equivalent how?

What was the equivalent warrior boost when focus mages got the huge sdi boost?

Did you also not read up on the new warrior/stamina nerfs?
the stam nerfs apply to all classes no, now mages need to deal with more of a stam penalty and plate/bone armour will be needed... on mages.

Or is nerfing an entire class(Throwers)and reducing stamina/ssi in every form on all other warrior classes not a nerf in your eyes?

*shakes head*
so now you're just slower but are still going to hit every time when up against a mage with 29 sdi against your full 45 hci. my entire point of this thread is related to the 29/45 imbalance , nothing else.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they should deny over-cap, would make the game much more realistic rather then stack everything.....

Could definitely make some templates more viable and make playing fun again....so bored with the grind, was looking forward to this new publish just for something to new to do...

But, if over-cap was gone...well, that opens a whole new world of PvP fun :) I say thumbs up to ending over-cap (even to my own detriment)

:eek: buahahahahahhaahhahahaahha

do you have a sampire ?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chise2. I would not even bother with a thread like this. The developers will very likely not even read a thread with such a rude title.
Well now they won't since someone was so thoughtful to move this thread to spells and rants. Why do you think this title is rude,
if I said inebriated instead of high, would that still be rude ?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know, I thought it was pretty darn clear. The problem is with people reading into it more than necessary.

• Hit chance formula update: maximum hit chance is capped at 95% and minimum hit chance is capped 5%.
Hit chance, not hit chance increase. The only other thing they could have done was to add a side note to emphasis they're not talking about hit chance increase.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-81-0-1.298498/

Last edited:

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
• Hit lower defense now scales 35% of the players Defense Chance Increase and remains -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over capped DCI.

Dexers are already OP'd and hit every dang time as it is. Why are you destroying the mage template ?

You're high I tell ya ...
It's obvious the developers for UO don't PVP... AT ALL! Just look at the changes to animal form ^_^ Zerg PVP now rules the world yet again! Good bye to small group/solo PVP!