• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet and Greet - March 18th on TC1

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just a friendly reminder, per the last Newsletter, the next Meet and Greet is TOMORROW!

7 PM EST / 6 CST on TC1

1710696780354.png

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It's always nice to see the team in game. I appreciate the time spent.

*Rolls up his sleaves and starts to pen a letter to the king*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will miss this, but I’d like to know more about the Spring event. Not sure why this isn’t being discussed.

The rewards would be nice to know.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will miss this, but I’d like to know more about the Spring event. Not sure why this isn’t being discussed.

The rewards would be nice to know.
UO has never given away their planned items. Did we know we were going to get a Christmas present in 1997? Nope.

We will see what they want us to see on TC. Like always.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked Kyronix at the last M&G after it was over when we would be able to test the new vet rewards he said “when they go live” :wall:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UO has never given away their planned items. Did we know we were going to get a Christmas present in 1997? Nope.

We will see what they want us to see on TC. Like always.
I don’t think this is entirely accurate. There are plenty of times they ask for reward feedback, especially on these types of events. Particularly last springs for example.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t think this is entirely accurate. There are plenty of times they ask for reward feedback, especially on these types of events. Particularly last springs for example.
Yes, we gave many ideas. None of the final rewards matched anyone's feedback. IMO every armor item was great. I am glad they designed them and not players.

We gave feedback for the Black Market rewards for this Spring, we will see if they choose any of the things we asked for. The items asked for the longest are Ship decorations, I always ask for water tiles.

We still will not see the items until Test Center. And we may not see any of the deco items, because they do not need tested.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, we gave many ideas. None of the final rewards matched anyone's feedback. IMO every armor item was great. I am glad they designed them and not players.

We gave feedback for the Black Market rewards for this Spring, we will see if they choose any of the things we asked for. The items asked for the longest are Ship decorations, I always ask for water tiles.

We still will not see the items until Test Center. And we may not see any of the deco items, because they do not need tested.
I wouldn’t say that either, there’s been many rewards that were recycled back into it and modifications based on new rewards.

I know it’ll be announced at the end of the month, but it’s painful listening to the sound of silence.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn’t say that either, there’s been many rewards that were recycled back into it and modifications based on new rewards.

I know it’ll be announced at the end of the month, but it’s painful listening to the sound of silence.
What benefit would we get knowing the rewards? Posters would complain about them without them even in the game.
We can't test things that don't exist. Do you still peek at your Christmas presents before the 25th?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What benefit would we get knowing the rewards? Posters would complain about them without them even in the game.
We can't test things that don't exist. Do you still peek at your Christmas presents before the 25th?
We don't need to know rewards. we do need to know what we will fight to prepare slayers etc. and where so we can mark runes etc. Why are you so against this?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
it wasn’t just the rewards, it was the lack of discussion in general. But yes, id like to know to provide feedback in hopes we can add or modify an item, even if they don’t technically exist before the publish. Itd even be nice to know in general if it’s worth the time doing and preparing for the event.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We don't need to know rewards. we do need to know what we will fight to prepare slayers etc. and where so we can mark runes etc. Why are you so against this?
We will when it's on Test Center. Why should we as players who have time to play daily, get extra info for events?

There will be time for me to write a guide before it goes to Live Shards.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it wasn’t just the rewards, it was the lack of discussion in general. But yes, id like to know to provide feedback in hopes we can add or modify an item, even if they don’t technically exist before the publish. Itd even be nice to know in general if it’s worth the time doing and preparing for the event.
We provide feedback in the Test Center Forum for these events or Publishes. I guess you have not been involved. Don't get your hopes up. Few things get changed, even when they do not work correctly.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We provide feedback in the Test Center Forum for these events or Publishes. I guess you have not been involved. Don't get your hopes up. Few things get changed, even when they do not work correctly.
They do, and I have. They don’t always make changes based on feedback, but generally Kyronix does an excellent job with this.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Without sarcasm, does anyone have anything constructive come out of these?
If you boil these down I do think that we do get a few answers/updates to questions (ie constructive); if I had to put a number on it then I'd say maybe 10-20% of it is good. I'm also including in this number when they say "no we won't be doing that" because although it might be unpopular, it's still a definitive answer. Outside of that, I don't think they are overly informational.

Unfortunately there is a lot of "we will look into that" or "not at this time but maybe down the road" answers to questions which don't actually ever get answered. I do think there were like 1 or 2 Newsletters that did actually give the answers to the questions asked at the M&G (which I think was helpful) but that hasn't happened outside of like those one or two newsletters. Getting an answer type "we will let you know" but then never getting the answer isn't helpful at all.

They purposefully do not give information they have about upcoming events (IE "you will see") which seems to be cause for debate (for at least 1 person). I don't expect the full rundown of what we are getting (ie exact reward list) but I think a timeline (with actual dates) / places / event type (ie champ spawn? ToT? Quests? etc) would be some basic high level information they could provide to keep people interested. Saying something like "you will know once it goes live" is a bit too confident that the game has enough to offer players to keep them here until something is actually released. This can backfire if the release takes too long or if it isn't worthwhile to people (they won't wait around next time).

The rest of the M&Gs I think are "lost" to the griefers trying to get a rise out of Mesanna (which they usually do and it leaves her agitated & short the rest of the M&G) and the pom pom wavers that don't really add any value.

Personally, I'd be in favor of scrapping the M&G if it meant that the team would be more active on the forums (outside of Kyronix who is very active) to interact and answer questions.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should change it from Dev Meet & Greet to Dev Suck & Blow
Why?
Because we get to witness players SUCK up to Mesanna while she BLOWS us off. LOL

:banana::party::danceb::ymca::hula::troll::juggle: :cheerleader::bs::scholar:

Look, I have replicated the regular M&G crowd with smileys!!!!!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should change it from Dev Meet & Greet to Dev Suck & Blow
Why?
Because we get to witness players SUCK up to Mesanna while she BLOWS us off. LOL

:banana::party::danceb::ymca::hula::troll::juggle: :cheerleader::bs::scholar:

Look, I have replicated the regular M&G crowd with smileys!!!!!
So why don't you go so we can all see how NOT to suck-up to messana. Lead by example.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So why don't you go so we can all see how NOT to suck-up to messana. Lead by example.
At the last one I attended, I tried to tell her about our former EM getting ripped off and She didn't want to hear it.
So up hers! I am not wasting my time trying to talk to a self-absorbed, self-important, narcissistic witch!
If she thinks she's too good to listen, then, by God, I'll not waste my time on her!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the last one I attended, I tried to tell her about our former EM getting ripped off and She didn't want to hear it.
So up hers! I am not wasting my time trying to talk to a self-absorbed, self-important, narcissistic witch!
If she thinks she's too good to listen, then, by God, I'll not waste my time on her!
So why do you think it’s ok to come here and embarrass yourself if you are not prepared to do you bit to effect dhange

thought you quit anyway?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So why do you think it’s ok to come here and embarrass yourself if you are not prepared to do you bit to effect dhange

thought you quit anyway?
I think this is what Kyronix meant by this forum being an echo chamber of negativity... it's just one person saying "Mesanna sucks" without any actual argument (outside of "I asked a question and she blew me off" - seeing her attitude; I'd also blow her off).

In fact... the more I think about it the more I think it would be funny (if I were Mesanna) to simply squelch Luc for the M&G. I could only imagine the tirade that would ensue on the forum afterwards lol.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think this is what Kyronix meant by this forum being an echo chamber of negativity... it's just one person saying "Mesanna sucks" without any actual argument (outside of "I asked a question and she blew me off" - seeing her attitude; I'd also blow her off).

In fact... the more I think about it the more I think it would be funny (if I were Mesanna) to simply squelch Luc for the M&G. I could only imagine the tirade that would ensue on the forum afterwards lol.
I mean to be fair, they’re that way over there too. Lol

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they put you on mute and tell you what you can and cannot say .... Putin!!!!!

this is not RUSSIA!!!!

*goes back to regular life*

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Folks have become radicalized in their viewpoints and they've chosen to be disruptive. While I can't fault them 100%, there comes a time when you either need to move on or just keep your mouth shut, or at the very least show some maturity and speak to the things that bother them at the appropriate time.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
are you talking about the EM, that actually told the person, that if they can pick it up they could have it? (you aren't supposed to be able to pick up stuff the EM locks down on the floor but they did grab it)

do you really call that stealing? an honorable person would have given it back.

It was probably deco for EM events, that would poof in 2 weeks after being placed. (I'm judging that based on the weight of the container before it disappeared)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you talking about the EM, who actually told the person, that if they could pick it up, they could have it? (you aren't supposed to be able to pick up stuff; the EM locks down on the floor but they did grab it.)

do you really call that stealing? an honorable person would have given it back.

It was probably deco for EM events, that would poof in 2 weeks after being placed. (I'm judging that based on the weight of the container before it disappeared.)
No. In the event, we were fighting monsters looking for a treasure chest.

After we killed all the monsters, EM Cirillia opened a gate back to the Brit Counselor's Guild, which is the event meet-up location.

Cirillia said, Let's see what's in the chest. She took out a treasure chest and sat it down on the stage area.

Before she could lock it down, someone just grabbed it.

Cirillia asked them repeatedly to give it back and searched several players to no avail.

Cirillia apologized and said the event was over.

But you know what? Y'all think after 25 years that it is fine to act like a bunch of selfish, entitled *******S? Fine!

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. I don't attend events; I just buy the items I want.

I don't attend the silly Meet & Greets because it's the same old suck-ups telling Mesanna how great she is and how great UO is.

I swear to God, Mesanna could serve y'all a steaming pile of COW CRAP on a silver platter and y'all would jump up and down; talking about how great it is.

I do my thing by myself, buy what I want or need, and to Tartarus with the rest of y'all.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Before she could lock it down, someone just grabbed it.

Cirillia asked them repeatedly to give it back and searched several players to no avail.
Curious, how is this an issue to bring up to the dev team? While it does suck that one person spoiled an event for many, the error appears to be on behalf of the EM. Lapse in judgement, not planning ahead and so on.

What did you expect to happen?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Fenneko also recorded it for anyone interested

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The starting of the M&G was a little confusing to me because the person asking the questions asked like 2-3 things all at once.

It sounds like there will NOT be +20 scrolls for other crafting skills (I think they said "we will not be doing that").

The only thing Mesanna said anything about was something to help repair items. The person asking mentioned afterwards about wanting something to repair and "craft exceptional more than 40%" but there wasn't any confirmation after that so I'm not sure if we are getting anything more than a hammer that gives the skill to repair.

I'd like there to be some items available like the ancient smith hammer for other skills (for crafting more complicated things with more success) but not sure if that would actually be on the radar based on that transaction.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like there to be some items available like the ancient smith hammer for other skills (for crafting more complicated things with more success) but not sure if that would actually be on the radar based on that transaction.
What item do you find difficult? I see no item having difficulty enough to warrant having to get 120 skill just to make them. You can wear a 30/30 tali that does not lose resources, and they are rechargeable.

20 Exceptional Valorite barrel hoops take about 25 tries, my only complaint is tinker items cant be salvaged. But you do get extra clean up points.

If we need more easy buttons they could make an Apron like cooking has, so you can add another 30% chance to make.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What item do you find difficult? I see no item having difficulty enough to warrant having to get 120 skill just to make them. You can wear a 30/30 tali that does not lose resources, and they are rechargeable.

20 Exceptional Valorite barrel hoops take about 25 tries, my only complaint is tinker items cant be salvaged. But you do get extra clean up points.

If we need more easy buttons they could make an Apron like cooking has, so you can add another 30% chance to make.
Again with the everyone play their own game as long as it's my way if you want to keep things as is don't use new things

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again with the everyone play their own game as long as it's my way if you want to keep things as is don't use new things
Maybe he does not understand crafting, What do you think is difficult? I Wonder if yall have tried Imbuing, you fail a lot more at that than basic crafting items for BODs.

Also what is wrong with failing a few times?

NL will have no fails just longer times.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is irrelevant anyway.

It is pretty clear how she feels about making crafting easier.
1710895175573.png

We will not be doing that was her instant answer.

If you look at the video the asker of the question did not see the answer because they were typing, "what do you think of that?"
So that person made up what they wanted to hear. And posted it on the other forum.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 152751

If you look at the video the asker of the question did not see the answer because they were typing, what do you think of that?
So that person made up what they wanted to hear. And posted it on the other forum.
The problem with the first speaker was due to issues with communication crystal that caused confusion you'd think they would have the process down by now

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem with the first speaker was due to issues with communication crystal that caused confusion you'd think they would have the process down by now
The question about 120 skill was not the first question. The first question was answered.

Any chance to dis Mesanna you go for it. Even when it is irrelevant to the topic. Did it affect any of us? Nope. Being the next day, did it matter? Nope. Life goes on.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who has played long enough to see that question asked and answered many, many times would have known the answer before they asked it. They've been saying 'no' to 120s for more skills over and over again for years.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know why anyone bothers to go to these things. And I don't know why the devs and Mesanna still do these and pretend to care about what any of us want or think. They clearly could care less. Maybe Mesanna just likes the ego boost from the few people that keep going and softball her simple questions and suck up to her? I went to two of these when I first came back to the game thinking I could ask a real question and get an answer. Instead I got muted and kicked out of the question area for asking if they had a timeline for fixing a number of bugs in the enhanced client. That's when I knew they could give a crap about the game. Just keep paying your subscription so they get paid. That's all they care about.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From my corner of this vast world I'm really happy that they started up these M&Gs again. Some asked for more communication because some felt that this was an area that needed attention. Some felt that we were getting a wall of silence. I think the restart of M&Gs was in response to that. I see this as a positive thing. They are making themselves available to us for an hour a month. We should figure out a way to best utilize that hour. We choose to attend or not attend, we judge whether or not a question and/or answer is valid according to our personal view of the world. Everyone has their own valid take on how the world should spin, even Pawain. :p

I think there should be a separate thread for questions that people feel need to be asked at the M&G and within that there should be quoted answers that have already been given. Over and over again the same questions get asked, sometimes politely and sometimes abusively thus wasting what should be a quality session between the Devs and those that choose to go. Often I think we choose not to have discussion but rather angry responses after the fact. There's no good end to that.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone who has played long enough to see that question asked and answered many, many times would have known the answer before they asked it. They've been saying 'no' to 120s for more skills over and over again for years.
It's weird to even ask. What does it matter to just make a number go up? They should ask what they really want instead. More stuff to craft and rewards. They're trying to make it seem like they're asking for something smaller than it is.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know why anyone bothers to go to these things. And I don't know why the devs and Mesanna still do these and pretend to care about what any of us want or think. They clearly could care less. Maybe Mesanna just likes the ego boost from the few people that keep going and softball her simple questions and suck up to her? I went to two of these when I first came back to the game thinking I could ask a real question and get an answer. Instead I got muted and kicked out of the question area for asking if they had a timeline for fixing a number of bugs in the enhanced client. That's when I knew they could give a crap about the game. Just keep paying your subscription so they get paid. That's all they care about.
I choose to play official versions of games to be treated like a customer paying a premium. They aren't doing that. It's been tough to argue against (EDIT: FOR, ARGUE FOR) OSI for a very long time, but it just gets worse and worse.

If I'm going to be treated like a chore or rubbish, I don't have to pay for that.

Last edited:

Cat Musique

Journeyman

View attachment 152751

If you look at the video the asker of the question did not see the answer because they were typing, "what do you think of that?"
I hope they do not do 120 scrolls for those skills and as for the +60 tools, None are needed IMO.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope they do not do 120 scrolls for those skills and as for the +60 tools, None are needed IMO.
I'm with you Kitten. The ones who want 120s think the devs won't change anything and they will make stuff without fail. The devs will just up the requirements and we will be at the same place but now need 120 skill to do what we did.

I repair when the message pops up and always lose 1 durability. I have never had an item go below 180. Usually I upgrade stuff way before then.

@Lore They did a crafting revamp and made BODs and rewards for skills that did not have them. Only tailor and Smith had BODs. The rewards were random. Now we can choose the reward. It's going to be a long time before they do anything with crafting. Crafting in NL will be different, if that mechanic is well received, it could come to live shards. They have yet to add a new reward. The only new items like those are now given to the huntmaster guy.

Last edited:

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bug in the EC where if there's a little lag when moving you end up running following your mouse pointer is really annoying...

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone who has played long enough to see that question asked and answered many, many times would have known the answer before they asked it.
That's not necessarily true though because the Dev team (mainly Mesanna) will change/soften their stance over the course of time. Perfect example is the bane dragon question. It was a solid "no" for years.... then we got a similar pet from Wildfire. After that people asked for banes again and the answer was "No - we gave you wildfire Ozzy" until this past M&G which Mesanna says "it won't be banes but we will look into something different".

Same thing with the adding a jewelry box filter. For the longest time the answer was "no" but a few M&G back it was "we are looking into doing this". There are certain things that are popular ideas that the Dev team doesn't realize at first but when they keep seeing it they realize that it's something that might be a good idea.

The other part of this is that there are many topics the Dev team will say "we will look into this" and then we never hear about it. I don't blame people for asking about these again because the people asking the questions are just following up to try to get an answer.

I think the M&G are a good way of showing people that the Dev team is answering people's questions. Part of the issue is that 50-75% of the questions that are asked have the answer of "we will look into this" which isn't an issue by itself. The spot where things fall apart is that they "take these items away" and then we never hear about it. Again perfect example is the jewelry box filter... they said they are looking into it a year or so ago and we haven't heard anything about it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yall can put your money where your moth is and do something about your issues instead of anonymously complaining.

1711058681206.png