• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Developer feed posts

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The DevFeed is cool, but the usability could be improved.

Most of the time I want to go to the original thread, in which the dev posted, so I can read the whole story and not just the one post of the dev. Often the devs quote another users post from this thread, so it's easy to click the little up-arrow in the quote to jump back to the original thread.

But there are also a lots of posts, where there is no quote at all. I.e. http://stratics.com/community/threads/ec-problem.318655/
It doesn't even tell you, in which forum it was posted. Since the search is context specific, you have to go back to the UO forum main page, to be sure, every subforum is searched, copy&paste the text, water through the search results and find the correct link. Sure, it works that way, but not as smooth as I would wish.

Another thing, if I read a post in the original thread, it would be cool, if the post in the DevFeed forum would be marked as read as well.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The DevFeed is cool, but the usability could be improved.

Most of the time I want to go to the original thread, in which the dev posted, so I can read the whole story and not just the one post of the dev. Often the devs quote another users post from this thread, so it's easy to click the little up-arrow in the quote to jump back to the original thread.

But there are also a lots of posts, where there is no quote at all. I.e. http://stratics.com/community/threads/ec-problem.318655/
It doesn't even tell you, in which forum it was posted. Since the search is context specific, you have to go back to the UO forum main page, to be sure, every subforum is searched, copy&paste the text, water through the search results and find the correct link. Sure, it works that way, but not as smooth as I would wish.

Another thing, if I read a post in the original thread, it would be cool, if the post in the DevFeed forum would be marked as read as well.
Nope. You click on the dev's avatar, access his profile and look at the list of his posts. Much easier

Such special features on the boards are done by plug ins. It's not always possible to find one which does exactly what you want, and sometimes when you do, the author doesn't update it, so it breaks when you the forum software is updated.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. You click on the dev's avatar, access his profile and look at the list of his posts. Much easier

Such special features on the boards are done by plug ins. It's not always possible to find one which does exactly what you want, and sometimes when you do, the author doesn't update it, so it breaks when you the forum software is updated.
Thanks, that's a good advice. Didn't think of that.