• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Developer Blog] Calling All Podcasters!

EVE News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Hello Capsuleers!

As those of you who follow me on Twitter know, I’ve been working on a wee project: a new podcast. I’ve been fairly mum about the nature of this podcast, but I am prepared to tell you today exactly what that project is, and how you can help.

Have a listen…

| Time: 00:01:16 | Direct download

Now, I know some of you have a few questions, and I’d like to answer them in this blog:

• Yes, I am a female. It’s okay to be shocked. I usually am about it, too.
  • Yes, this podcast is a recapitulation of amazing moments from amazing podcasts created by EVE Online players.
  • Yes, I’d love to hear from podcasters and podcast listeners.
  • Yes, I really would love to have 15 second-long recruitment audio clips.
If you are a podcaster, podcast listener, or are recruiting, send me an email at [email protected]. For those of you who are notifying me about podcasts, I’ll need the following information:

• The name and URL of the podcast.
  • The specific time of the clip you would like me to review. If there are multiple segments, be sure to include that information as well.
  • Any other information you’d like me to be aware of is welcomed as well.
If you would like to send a recruitment advertisement:

• Use the mp3 format only.
  • You can email me the file, but be advised that it’s much, much better to have it hosted somewhere that I can download from.
  • Please, no huge files. Bandwidth hogs are bandwidth hogs, and if I have to lessen the quality of your clip to make sure the podcast isn’t a behemoth, your clip might sound like tinny poo.
We aim to do the podcast once a month, so I will make periodic calls for content from podcasters, fans, and recruiters.

Some other random information of interest to you concerning the podcast:

• You will be able to subscribe from iTunes once the podcast has been released and after iTunes approves it for inclusion in its directory.
  • An RSS feed will be made available for you to subscribe to once the first official podcast has been published.
  • I’m using Audacity to record and edit the podcast, and a Samson C01U USB condenser mic.
I’m definitely looking forward to listening, and hope you are looking forward to the new podcast as well.

Fly safely, and keep your ears open!

More...