• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Detect Hidden vs. Tracking

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am looking at using this template on Siege:

120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
75 Stealth
120 Ninjitsu
106 Magery

and either 99 Tracking or 99 Detect Hidden

Which one would be more beneficial?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking at using this template on Siege:

120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
75 Stealth
120 Ninjitsu
106 Magery

and either 99 Tracking or 99 Detect Hidden

Which one would be more beneficial?
I'd say detect hidden. You will still be able to use tracking, though not as perfectly but still enough. But detect hidden imo is more useful as instead of knowing where people are you can actually reveal them thus allowing you to rob them.
Also that much detect should give you an aura of auto-detect giving stealthers difficulty to move around you. But I'd bump it up to 100, maybe drop magery to 105.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say detect hidden. You will still be able to use tracking, though not as perfectly but still enough. But detect hidden imo is more useful as instead of knowing where people are you can actually reveal them thus allowing you to rob them.
Also that much detect should give you an aura of auto-detect giving stealthers difficulty to move around you. But I'd bump it up to 100, maybe drop magery to 105.
this is accurate. I've found that detect is a great skill to have on hand for a thief on siege. Number one problem for thieves on siege is that 90% of marks have hiding/stealth. Detect makes that far less an issue than tracking does.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
detect, as detect also gives a bonus to tracking but it doesnt work the other way around (with 99 detect your tracking also works as if it were aroudn 50....but..you need to be either human or have at least 1 "real" tracking for it to be effective, not sure why but it's not the only skill like that)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the replies! That is what I needed to know.

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
curious i don't have 99 spare points but i can probably squeeze 85 is detect still viable at 85?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't say for sure as I always went for 100 but I would imagine that 85 should still work, maybe not as well as 99-100 but it should still do some good.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can track (also occasionally detect) 100 hiding 120 stealth with just JOAT detect (effectively 20 skill), it ramps pretty regularly your tracking/detect chance as the skill goes up, so the higher your skill in it the less attempts to succeed, so yeah, as long as you're past what joat would give you anyways (20/20) any points you have in it are "worth it", the more points you put into it though the less often you'll fail (which is nice as it has a long timer)

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant seem to find any info on best ways to work detect hidden? Can anyone offer up advice.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trapped boxes are what I used. Boxes in towns at first followed by chests in dungeons.

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Vesper mint is where i worked up my detect hidden. use skill, wait for target, last target. on the space bar. over and over and over........wahoo!