• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Detect Hidden Thanks Truks

G

Havent Done This Skill Before So Have A Few Questions.

1: How is The Skill Gained? I have tried to use another Player being hidden and detecting them.

2: Is There A Place To Train? People Have Been Telling Me To Use Lockpicking Boxes But That Not Working

G

OK I Have Tried Everything That is Suggested My this link and still nothing i am stuck at 70 i Had friend hide in my house and his dyed about 15 times made my own boxes used dungeon chests. Still Not Gaining. Ohhh and i even used 1hrs worth of alacrity scrolls What The Heck Do I Do Now?

T

Trukx

Dont know if this still works, but it used to. Put a ton of trapped boxes inside a single box.....the skill will give you <X> many checks (so if you have 50 trapped boxes inside 1 box you get 50 checks per detect). That may have changed, but years ago, that was the fastest way to gain.

G

i will try this thanks for info il let you know if it works still

G

I Tried Your Theory and It Worked went from 70-gm in 7 hours thanks for the invise

M

Myrnae(BC)

I am sure I am just an idiot, but I have 65 trapped wooden boxes inside of an untrapped one and I cannot get it to work, anyone care to share the exact mechanics of getting this to work? Thank you!!

T

Trukx

If i recall correctly, you dont target the box itself, target next to it. As above, I did this many years ago, but that explanation sticks out in my head for some reason.

M

Myrnae(BC)

Thanks Trukz for the reply, but it doesn't work. I was hoping since this was posted in January 08 that this was still the case. Does it have to be a special type of box? I am using the red "wooden box" for my trapped boxes.

Jinx

Visitor
Sorry for resurrecting such an old post, but I'm a returning player and I'm currently at 53 skill points in Detect Hidden. I've been targeting the lower level chests in Vesper's bank and gaining slowly (while working lock picking) Any time that I try targeting the ground next to a chest, I can never detect a trap and have not seen any gains, however when I target the chest itself, I'll at least detect a trap 80% of the time. Is there a level of skill you need to be at in order to gain from targeting the floor next to chests (hoping to axe a crate full of trapped chests soon but want to make sure it would work before I try to get a bunch of trapped boxes)?