• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Desperately Saving Susan

Danneskjold

Journeyman
Governor
Tonight's meeting of the Paxlair Alliance went well, led by the always beautiful Susan, until Andros the Dread Lord arrived. He, very rudely, interrupted the meeting and began to shout at Susan:

"There you are, cruel maiden. As lolo sought Gwenno, so I have found you.

But no weak bard am I dressed in yellow and hiding in Yew.

As your own king did himself declare Thou shalt help those in need, or thou shalt suffer the same need

You have rebuffed me with a heart as cold as mine own mother’s when she forsook my father. Alone and unloved shall you be for the remainder of your days

*pulls a human heart from his pouch and cleaves the still warm and bleeding flesh in two with a double bladed axe*

Astaroth! Hear me! I give you my army as she gave you my heart! Siliv um siliv um!"

As he screamed the words with frothing at the corners of his vile mouth, the beautiful Susan was horribly transfigured into a gray goblin.

Meeting attendees were shocked. Eowyn WindRider assured all present that Morganne, the renown scholar, would research and try to find a way to reverse the effects of the spell.

Join us on Thursday, February 10 at 8PM in Beruna Pass as we set out to save Susan (and prevent the possibility of the monthly auction being run in goblinygook!)

Last edited:

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
I've combed through many dark and ancient tomes since yesterday’s unfortunate incident, looking for answers that might help us change Susan back into her human form. This afternoon I was finally able to consult with the learned monks at Empath Abbey as well. I hoped they would have further insight, and in that I was not disappointed. After all, the abbey once held both the altar and candle of Love within its walls. They showed grave concern when I told them that our unwelcome guest was the Dread Lord Andros, who occupies the dungeon Despise.

His origin story is a sad, sordid tale of corrupted, false love, but that will have to wait for another time when Susan’s very life is not at stake! As for Andros’ eventual fate, it is written that his own mother was the one who had him cast into Despise. She did so to prevent Andros and his brother, the Glorious Lord Adrian, from destroying each other, and all of Britannia with them.

What the monks could not tell me is how Andros managed to escape from his eternal prison to pursue Susan and follow her to the Tea House. However he got out, it does not bode well for Susan that Andros has his sights fixed on her. Despite his reference to the famous love story between Gwenno and Lolo, who has come to embody love in its purest form, Andros is not truly capable of love. For now, he has only turned Susan into a goblin while he nurses his damaged pride, but I do not expect his pursuit will end there. What concerned the monks the most was that Andros called upon the Shadow Lord Astaroth, the embodiment of hatred, and pledged his army to him.

I implore all of you to come together and try to stop whatever dark fate Andros has planned for poor Susan! Seek him out in the depths of Despise before he goes after her yet again, perhaps even trapping her down in that evil place forever. Be warned, this fight will not be an easy one. His magics prevent pets from entering, and Andros cannot be harmed by conventional weapons and spells. The only way to defeat him is to turn his own monsters against him!

However, if you are successful, the monks at Empath Abbey believe that destroying Andros will break the curse and turn Susan back into the lovely woman she was before. So gather your strength and meet in the Great Hall at the Tower of Beruna Pass this Thursday at 8:00 p.m. The more who come, the greater the chance of saving Susan, and perhaps claiming some of the rare treasures found in the depths of Despise.

If you do not know how to get to Beruna Pass, there will be runes dropped at the Tea House and by Luna Stables tomorrow night. Good luck!

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Word of Susan's altered state has reached The Lycaeum, no doubt due to that blabbermouth monk, Delmore. Just last week, I overheard him bragging about knowing the Abbey's secret wine recipe while I was conducting a little business with one of the scribes. The rest of the monks in Moonglow are grimly tight-lipped but the scribes are twittering with purpose ... pulling books out so fast from their shelves they lay in piles on the floor. Wilfen offered me a special thorn, dipped in a questionable potion to thrust into Andros' heart but I declined ... you know how Wilfen is ...

None of them offered any new information but agree with Morganne's advisors ... Andros must be killed so that Susan has a chance to regain her previous form!

Danneskjold

Journeyman
Governor
Danneskjold entered the dark, dank cell as the guard kicked its inhabitant awake. The inmate crouched on the floor and looked up at his visitor.

“I don’t know you”, he snarled as he began to roll over before crying out under the heal of the guard’s boot.

Danneskjold winced, not out of compassion for the prisoner, but at the thought of what Morganne and Eowyn would say if they knew the methods sometimes necessary to obtain information.

“Tell me about Andros”, Danneskjold commanded.

“I don’t know any Adros”, came the reply

Danneskjold reached into his pouch and pulled out a shining gold ring. The prisoner’s eyes grew wide as he reached a chained hand towards it.

“That’s my property you have there”, he protested

“Then you have been to Despise”, Danneskjold countered, holding fast to the artifact.

“Never said I hadn’t. Still don’t know no Andros”

“This ring came from the lord of Despise”

“Aye, that is my rightful spoils from combat with Lord Adrian”

Morganne had told Danneskjold enough that he recognized the name of Andros’ brother and his place in the dungeon.

“Tell me then, how did you kill Adrian”

“Kill Adrian?”, the prisoner laughed, “we barely wounded him”

Danneskjold frowned at this news, but the prisoner seemed eager to tell his tale and it would be up to the listener to separate fact from braggadocio.

“Collin took us to Despise. Bad mistake on his part, even if Adrian hadn’t killed him, my brother and I would have once we had the spoils. A glorious lord cursed to live in a dungeon, you would think he wouldn’t have lasted long, but he’s surrounded by beasts who protect him. No spell, poison, nor curse, nor weapon wielded or cast by human, elf, gargoyle, or goblin can hurt him. Indeed nor can any pet enter his domain. Yet, Collin had a plan. The three of us fought our way in and using wisp orbs each gained control of a creature in the dungeon. We practiced and trained them and gained their trust before seeking out Adrian and his treasure.”

“Tell me more about these beasts”

“Alone they are weak, but Collin knew which ones to command, which ones were melee fighters, bards, mages, archers, and healers. With more of them, perhaps I wouldn’t have lost my brother”

The prisoner continued, but Danneskjold had heard what he needed and left the man to continue his sentence.

Last edited: