• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Designers, in regards to Siege Perilous...

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Contrary to what you may have been hearing from other posts, in regards to Siege, I would like you to consider what Siege as a whole really means. I have been on Siege from the beginning and have weathered many a storm, but as of late this never ending push to make siege into some sort of glorified trammel land is becomming abit too much. Please remember what Siege was meant to be...A tough shard where being attacked and dying was a way of life. Losing valuables meant goin out and trying to get them back. Making Siege even easier than it is already isn't what alot of us would like to see.

Signed,

Sir Morder (veteran from the beginning!)

C

Cloak&Dagger

Contrary to what you may have been hearing from other posts, in regards to Siege, I would like you to consider what Siege as a whole really means. I have been on Siege from the beginning and have weathered many a storm, but as of late this never ending push to make siege into some sort of glorified trammel land is becomming abit too much. Please remember what Siege was meant to be...A tough shard where being attacked and dying was a way of life. Losing valuables meant goin out and trying to get them back. Making Siege even easier than it is already isn't what alot of us would like to see.

Signed,

I do not play on siege, so you can take this post, or rather questions, as you wish to.

I agree with you siege should be "hard" but, it will always be innately hard so long as you a: always lose everything when you die, b: can die at anytime in any place, and of course c: skill gain remains as it is.

Assuming those three things remain the same, and assuming you are talking about the recent posts regarding the faction items costs, don't you think that people not playing because items are just to hard to achieve in order to compete, is not a benefit to the shard you play on? If lowering the cost of the items would get more people to play there? actively, and visibly, would you not want that? Siege would still be hard due to the fact that you lose everything in an instant and would have to take time to get it back (during which point you could, again die, and lose all that work).

Again, I do not play so perhaps my perspective of this is not correct.

H

Hugibear

actaully I play there and this guy comes here complaining about items saying "these items are destroying siege". All the while he is playing a stealth ninja tamer. Siege doesnt have passive reveal/detect. So basically there is no way to detect him. (yes i know you can use the skill detect at gm of course otherwise you fail and when you detect someone they just smoke bomb again.)
Maybe if he wanted a tough shard he shouldnt be using the easy button (smoke bombs) for his pvp. I wonder why he isnt pushing for passive reveal/detect to come to siege. We have more stealthers than anything else on the shard because no one can ever reveal them for more than a second.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Signed,

I play on Siege Perilous with Yahaxithonix for the last six years...previously, I played a second character for 34 months and left off playing for 6 months.

I understand that the main problem of Pvpers is finding someone to do PvPing with.

Unfortunately for Sir Morde, he can not force others to play his style of game.
Trying to do so is self defeating and just makes people use the Avoidance strategy. This is not just Stealthing around...there are other avoidance issues.

Auto reveal just makes the revealed to play at times the Pvpers do not play. Believe me, many monitor the activies of PvPin on Siege Perilous to know who is online and what and where they are.

This is a take it as it is shard. If Pvpers who hunt down non-PvPing players, well that is just part of the game. The hunted take it. The hunted take the risk doing everything they do...if nothing more than just trying to say 'hi' to the other player.

I really like to know how any of the developers can program the behavior of the game players. Can behavior be programmed in the code?

There is no Trammel on Siege Perilous.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actaully I play there and this guy comes here complaining about items saying "these items are destroying siege". All the while he is playing a stealth ninja tamer. Siege doesnt have passive reveal/detect. So basically there is no way to detect him. (yes i know you can use the skill detect at gm of course otherwise you fail and when you detect someone they just smoke bomb again.)
Maybe if he wanted a tough shard he shouldnt be using the easy button (smoke bombs) for his pvp. I wonder why he isnt pushing for passive reveal/detect to come to siege. We have more stealthers than anything else on the shard because no one can ever reveal them for more than a second.
lol qtf.. stealth ninja tamers were gimp and immoral irl..

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, no you don't play on my shard. Actually, no, i don't play a stealth ninja tamer template. Actually, yes, you are known as the biggest cry baby on siege :) How goes your search for that Dread mare anyways? <---insert foot into mouth here...

V

Vaelix

The fact is, there have been more than a Few players who are saying that they would gladly return if the changes that Sir is against were to come into play.

Mainly because, upon death, we lose everything, and people who play Maybe 3 Hours a Day, do not want to Farm for 6 Hours straight to be able to suit themselves for PvP. This effectively forces them to Farm for 2 DAYS before they can even begin to pvp, and the suit that took 2 days to farm, can be lost instantly.

Sir M. however, has always played a Dexxer, or a Tamer, and does not realize that, in todays pvp, with the power of some of the templates that UO has evolved to, Items like faction gear, or High DCI / LMC / Casting / MR, gear in general, are required to pvp.

Most of the people who are against the ideas that Sir M. are against, try to justify the fact that Factions vs Non Faction is imbalanced, However, they are asking for the Same gear, basically, the same hand out, without being willing to run the risk of being in factions, which causes them to Risk Statloss upon death, and not being able to use the guard zone.

To put it simply, their train of thought is as followes..

"I want access to powerful artifacts, without the risk associated with being in factions."

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I dislike the artifacts mainly because they totally screwed factions up. Artifacts are now the "end game" of factions. Not the sigils or the cities.

V

Vaelix

I dislike the artifacts mainly because they totally screwed factions up. Artifacts are now the "end game" of factions. Not the sigils or the cities.
The problem lies in the Worthlessness of the Citys / Sigils, not the artifacts.

Up the Purpose of the Sigils/Citys, don't Lower the Arties.

H

Hugibear

Actually, no you don't play on my shard. Actually, no, i don't play a stealth ninja tamer template. Actually, yes, you are known as the biggest cry baby on siege :) How goes your search for that Dread mare anyways? <---insert foot into mouth here...
You are right I dont play your shard, I play on siege. Second you do play a tamer dont lie. And 3 cry baby get real you are the one posting about how op the arties are. 4 I have never had a character with taming trained on any shard. You must have mixed me up with someone else. Nice try tho. Go back to playing your tamer cupcake, that is the only way you can compete.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I think this could be applied to Siege as a whole. Age of Shadows essentially wiped out a means of living for roleplayers and crafters. That used to be a foundation of many communities in Siege, now slowly decaying to nothing.

It's a shame that there are so many things the developers could do to improve Siege, but I really think the only solution to completely fix it is to make it a fel only classic shard. The new Age of Shadows system simply does not work on Siege, it will never work on Siege, and the longer they wait to fix it the more desolate Siege becomes.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what does any of this have to do with factions?

you know.... the forum that we are in.

*points to the forum title*

wouldnt this whole thread be better off somewhere like the siege forum.... or uhall for that matter?

B

booglerz

Interesting note: I recently got the bug to play again and a friend aimed me in the direction of free shards, a pre-AoS shard with the same "you die you lose everything" rules (no tram, etc), however the population is big/growing.... makes me wonder why our beloved siege is going the way of the dodo?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

what does any of this have to do with factions?

you know.... the forum that we are in.

*points to the forum title*

wouldnt this whole thread be better off somewhere like the siege forum.... or uhall for that matter?
Factions would be better off on a classic ruleset shard too ;).