• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DELETED

R

RedDaTeef

Re: UO,Global chat,griefing and cyberbullies

Tell us more of exactly how he is bullying you.
You mention Global chat, most likely he is antagnizing you over chat.
Tell us what types of thing he is saying and how you have responded to him so far.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ignore not working?

C

canary

How many times are you going to post on the exact same thing? You've made several threads in the past regarding global chat. Seriously, it reads like a rant. You can say otherwise til you are blue in the face, but this IS indeed a rant.

You, IC, challenged people to a duel. Some complied with your request. You should have been prepared for that. There is nothing 'cyber bullying' about that. As far as someone 'spamming' you in chat, how about... leave chat? Problem solved.

As far as you stating you might quit, well.... please, by all means, leave. You have a posting history that continuously goes back to threats of quitting. I'm sure no one will stop you.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This seems to happen to you quite often.

D

Diggity

As much as I agree with your point that the negative behavior that has become commonplace is the worse aspect of UO, I think it is clear that EA's given up the fight here. Many of the worst offenders are griefers looking for the attention and I think they will always exist/thrive in the anonymous internet. However, I think the greater damage is the overall decline in civility amongst the greater playerbase. With no repercussions for offenders, many players retaliate in time and it degenerates into many treating others as they have been (badly) treated themselves. Too many times I've seen players I otherwise respect descend into "griefer" type behavior in retaliation to a perceived injustice committed by some other players. Even more times to see them join the cesspool of global chat to avenge an insult hurled their way. (BTW I think global chat was/is a great thing - it's just unfortunate that it provides the soapbox/showcase for negative behavior that was already there)

And all the while what has EA done? I think it is unlikely they will be receptive to setting up a court system on all the shards. What I think would be more successful would be to set up a separate shard. Separate fee to join and monthly fee to play. Fund one GM to monitor at random times. Doesn't need to be 100% 24/7 monitoring as long as consequences are clear if you get caught breaking the TOS including 3rd party cheats-- your account is gone. Sure you can set up another account - pay the initial fee and behave or get banned again.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When I was young I found a large hornet's nest in the woods. I watched as the hornets buzzed around flying in and out of the large paper compound. Soon, I grew tired of the show and decided to throw rocks at the nest. I threw several rocks without hitting the nest and the hornet's ignored me as they buzzed about business as usual. Finally I connected with one and they were not happy about it. I ran as fast as I could but took a few stings to the back. I walked home and whimpered to an older cousin about how hornets had maliciously attacked me for no reason as I walked by their nest. I dare not mention the rock throwing lest I look like a fool. He went and destroyed the nest and that was that.

This was the first experience I can remember with the law of unintended consequences. I didn't want to look dumb for throwing rocks at a hornet nest but I didn't expect to get the hornet's nest destroyed either. It taught me a valuable life lesson. I try to be a little more mindful and honest with myself. I suggest you do likewise and I guarantee the number of these "verbal attacks" and "chat griefings" will drop to nearly 0.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Duel the guy if your worried about losing your stuff tell him you will only have a naked wrestling duel with him. If he declines then he has no business bothering you about any kinda dueling.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Just keep putting him on ignore and he will run out of chars eventually. As long as he gets attention/a reaction from you he might continue.
Just ignore him.

Someone talking in chat shouldn´t be something that would make a person quit the game unless they are looking for a reason to do so...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: DELETED DUE TO BLATANT STRATICS DISCRIMINATION!

This post has been deleted because of Stratics constant DISCRIMINATION towards me. Apparently if you are NOT in their preferred circle they will moved/delete/lock your post and accuse of things you have not done.

I may be reach by PM or at this email [email protected] but will no longer post in open forum!
Huh, can anyone say "over-reaction?"

*Looks at replies* And you wonder why this post was moved? While your original post may not have been a rant the replies certainly turned this into a rant thread. You do, however, have a big tendency to over-react a lot which even you admit to.

C

canary

This post has been deleted because of Stratics constant DISCRIMINATION towards me. Apparently if you are NOT in their preferred circle they will moved/delete/lock your post and accuse of things you have not done.

I may be reach by PM or at this email [email protected] but will no longer post in open forum!
Jirel, if you wouldn't be prone to writing rants in the first place, I guarantee you wouldn't find so many of your threads located in said forum.

Keep on topic, exercise restraint on caps lock and getting over emotional, and stick to the facts. That's pretty much all I can say, constructively.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jirel admitted in global chat on legends that he has 20-30 major enemies on that shard, which has a very low population to begin with.

During an event, when 3 players(myself included), stood half a screen off from dawn, protesting her reign in rp fashion, Jirel decided to get rather unfriendly. Jirel began using insults, threats and then proceeded to call out the commanding lord of the council of mages.

Jirel's threats were interpretted by several folks as a demand for a duel, which was happily received. Jirel and friends then proceeded to continually insult me and several other players for no other reason than accepting a duel. Jirel's attitude would have had us all believe that he was the best pvper on the shard, an attitude that quickly escalated this from a duel for honor to a duel for suits.

When push came to shove, Jirel made excuses and began trying to back out of the duel when it became clear to him why half the shard felt Jirel and co were idiots. I am a well known pvper on several shards.

Regardless, Jirel and friends shot off their mouths for so long in global I had time to go out for a few hours after he had totally backed out and come back to catch more of this silliness. Jirel, according to his friends and random folks in global informed everyone that Jirel is a very unstable person who does this sort of thing often.

Last night, Jirel went so far as to accuse nearly 80% of the legends pvp community, across every major guild as being the same person with 100 accounts, systematically harassing him. It's obvious this is some crazy kinda person, and I left them alone on the basis that I believe him to be under 16 and obviously unsuited to match wits.

K

Kiminality

I can honestly say that I don't want to see your posts moved here to SnR any more than you do.

That said, in spite of myself, this was the right forum for the thread.
It was a rant.
Saying "This is not a rant" at the end of a rant doesn't make it not a rant, it makes it a rant posted by someone who either:
a.) is in denial about it being a rant.
b.) doesn't know what a rant is.

You're also discussing moderator actions, which is against the RoC.
Please edit your post, and the thread title, or I'll have to join the discrimination bandwagon.