• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

defining Legends

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for those that do not frequent the UHall forum, this answer from our Lord Maplestone to a question posed by Kelmo of Siege:

"Tell me about your shard. What makes it the place you play. Other than it is where your stuff is... We all have stuff. "

Maplestone's reply

D

Danse

WELL SAID!!

I came as a wanderer...from that land known as Siege..you have made me welcomed, and there has not been a day that passes, that while I miss some of those I knew there, I do not regret my coming...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:eek:

(by the way, if there are people who actually played LOK still here, I'm curious to know if there is any community or traditions which still persist ... I have this sudden urge to get a little more in touch with the foundations of the community that I've settled in amongst)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I will respect their privacy and not divulge names, yes Maplestone, there are LoK players still on Legends ;) And I am fairly certain they would talk about that time and the LoK community.
I missed out on LoK, got into the internet just in time for UO, but I played with quite a few of the old LoK'ers on Atlantic as well, that had started up there. From all accounts, it was a great game, with a good community.

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally have danced with Daisy many many times, When Lok was shut down they gave us 30 days free in UO, I had already been playing UO on GL I think (wish I could remember the log in) been a long time ago but I took the thirty days and I am still here

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very well said Lord Maplestone, I think you wrapped up our shard in a wonderful beautiful and poetic way.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see you pwn'd the front page here, Omni, thought I would bump this up front and remind you what it is that makes this place home for us.... and 'us' includes you

and I'm guessing that someone isn't sleepin' too well these days :D any chance of getting a current pic?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A pic of me would be to much for little Cuda to handle. With all my blazeness. Rawrcakes.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd of said it's devoid of talent, and intellect. Eh, and sex appeal(sorry static!)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*twitches*

I will say after playing two other shards for a time, I think Legends is a shard to be proud of. We will soon ahve the best decorated bank, (personal opinion)...As for talent, look around at lots of the homes we have on this shard, and tell me peeps here aren't talented.
Looking for better intellect? We have it here on Legends...might have to move in a different circle to find it, but it's definitely here.
Sex appeal?
bleh, all paperdolls look the same anyway...what's it matter ;)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have, but Thunder did nothing but waited till my house fell and looted all my blaze stuffs.

M

MoneyMaker

Legends has been the greatest shard, since I logged onto it and didn't spend a hour lagging past the brit bank (old days, and on dial-up).
For its small size, Legends has some of the Largest hearts in the entire UO community.
Not to mention its small size is benificial to my anti-social style of playing. :fight:
Anyone who is up for this "downsizing of the shards" needs to visit Legends for a week.
I am pretty sure that they will change their minds.
We have that small town appeal about us, and I love it!!
(Now if i could ever get my small town to upgrade past dial-up, Life would be terrific *doesn't hold out much hope for that though*)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Now if i could ever get my small town to upgrade past dial-up, Life would be terrific *doesn't hold out much hope for that though*)
OMG, how do you live with dial up!? I would lose my mind with that. :pancakes:

M

MoneyMaker

Just take a look at my siggy slot and you will see what i do daily, while on dial-up.:cursing:
Oh, and for those saying that satillite is the answer.........
trust me its slower than dial-up, in game.:wall:
Maybe we can get a petition together and get one of these companies to install something faster than this "redneck dixie cup" connection i have.
Oh well maybe one day the cable guy will make a wrong turn, and when he does........ ya ever seen the movie Misery?? Mwhahaha!!!

(i can use the redneck term, since I live in the heart of redneckland.)

I

IMissLoK

Aaaahh ... Daisy ... Sparky ... Griff Cliff ... RDaggers .... Hummer. Dang I miss my RDaggers.

When LoK was shut down I was given 30 free days. I think I spent a month pouting that they killed my beloved LoK. When I finally decided to give UO a try, the Legends shard was the obvious choice. I had no idea what I was doing and quickly found that everybody I talked to was willing to take the time to explain things to me; to dress me, equip me, take me under their wing. I have truly been honored to have crossed paths in my UO Legends life with some really amazing and generous people. The late Tipan deserves to be named among those I can fondly say was my friend. Most of the people on this Shard know that by helping others, they are ultimately helping themselves. I have been fortunate to have fought with people who enjoy the thrill of the kill more than the 'stuff' they can get from it and are generous to share in the spoils of battle. I have died slapping aids on others rather than saving myself, and most of the people I have met seem to share this same feeling - others first. That has been my experience on UO Legends and I think that is what makes this Legends shard so special.

-Collette, of FATE guild