• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defense chance increase

baby vash

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if having 70 defense chance increase still works to counter the hit lower defense or did they nerf it and also does armour ignore bypass dci?

It seems to me that I do get hit less but that could coincidence because I still see the hit lower defense proc. I need someone who can help confirm that it still works.

just incase you wondering what my temp and gear is:
Scribe nox mage= 95str 35dex 125 int
120 magery
120 eval
120 magic resist
120 wrestling
100 scribe
80 poisoning
60 med

100 lrc, 70 dci, 33 lmc, 2 fc 6 fcr, 10 sdi, 70 all resist, 8 hpr, and 10 mr.

main reason for wanting to know if dci is a waste bc i can get my old gear back to 14 mr.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my knowledge 70 DCI nullifies HLD.

People have claimed otherwise but I've not seen proof.

G

Gellor

In my experience, the 70 dci works.... well, except for a special individual or two who seem to have the luck of the irish with the RNG(ie getting 5 hits in a row vs 120 wrestle+120parry+70dci)

As for AI, once you are hit, you are hit and all the weapon specials, spell effects, etc go off. If you are not hit, I don't know if it toggles the attacker's special move or not. I play a mage 90% of the time so I'm not familiar with that part.

C

Cazzador

If you don't mind me asking what iteams are you using to get DCI to 70?

baby vash

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
folded steel glasses 15dci
imbued ring 15dci
imbued wooded shield 15dci
armor of fortune 15dci
quiver of infinity 5dci
conjurer garb 5dci

G

Gellor

For now:
faction folded steel 25
shield 15
faction fey legs 20
armor of fortune 15

75 but it works for me :p

I'm going to be changing my suit very shortly.

Just the other day, our local zerg guild that plays dexer gimps tried to gank me with three and couldn't kill me. Very few hits(like 1 in 5 hits) and lots of mini heals between hits.:party:

C

Cazzador

What do you think of this suit for pvp.

Mana Inc= 15
Int = 16
MR= 10
LRC= 100
LMC= 50 (40 if i increase my SDI 10 more points)
DCI= 45
FCR= 6
FC= 2
Hit points Inc= 5
SDI= 35 (45)

Resists all 70's

baby vash

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your template looks very nice drop LMC to 40 since its already capped no benefit having more.

if i remember right spell dmg from items is capped at 15??? and you can get 10 more spell dmg from gm inscription so technically you can have 25 sdi.

increasing spell dmg above its capped will benefit more towards pvm side. i guess it help kill their mounts faster.

J

[JD]

For now:
faction folded steel 25
shield 15
faction fey legs 20
armor of fortune 15

75 but it works for me :p

I'm going to be changing my suit very shortly.

Just the other day, our local zerg guild that plays dexer gimps tried to gank me with three and couldn't kill me. Very few hits(like 1 in 5 hits) and lots of mini heals between hits.:party:
i've read some ambiguous posts which reference a need for anatomy or parry and i'm not sure if i need skills to activate DCI, or if i can merely carry a mage weapon and be all set.

thanks

C

Cazzador

From what I have read you can can carry mage weapon and your DCI will be in effect or you can have a Martial skill like wrestling and it will be in effect.

J

[JD]

i had a 15 dci, spell channeling mage weapon crafted and paired it with the arcane shield. i'm also wearing fey leggings. i can add the quiver of infinity, and can get the folded steel glasses, violet courage/aof and have burly dci. however thus far i'm very impressed with my 50 DCI and pretty happy.

ps. i have 140 magery and -20 weap so while weilding sword/shield, i have 120 effective weaponskill. one of the archers with a good toon in my guild took some shots at me and 2 landed but next 3 missed. he was NOT using hit lower defense, however....

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think of this suit for pvp.

Mana Inc= 15
Int = 16
MR= 10
LRC= 100
LMC= 50 (40 if i increase my SDI 10 more points)
DCI= 45
FCR= 6
FC= 2
Hit points Inc= 5
SDI= 35 (45)

Resists all 70's
Everything looks tip top. 15 SDI is the PvP cap.
For PvM it's unlimited , so that would be a great PvP/spawning character if he was necro.

ofatlantic07

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I'm wondering about this lately too. I just came back from a long break and have been getting pwned by dexxers! I have 120 wrestling with a 70 DCI suit. Before I took my break (over a year ago) I would barely get touched by dexxers, though past several duels - to someone I'm not even sure was maxxed on HCI - I've getting hit almost every time.

I wish someone had a surefire answer for this, but I may have just answered my own question by my own deaths as of late =/

J

[JD]

I've seen two things regarding Hit Lower Defense:

1. It lowers Defense Chance by 25%
http://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Lower_Defense

2. It lowers Defense chance by the set amount of 25.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/itemproperties.php#hld

Regarding #2, If 45 is the cap, and the set amount is 25, then you would require 70 (45+25) to be immune from losing your 45 DCI cap.

Regarding #1, you'd want DCI to be high enough so that if you lost 25%, you still have 45 DCI. ((45 * 100) / 75) = 60, so 60 DCI should keep you at cap and 70 would be a waste.

I don't know which Method UO actually uses or if there is other factors. What do you all think?

C

Cazzador

Thats a good question. Mace and shield are 30% HLD so what is the cap for Hit Lower Defence?
Edited: Never Mind the 30% I take it is the chance of it to go off. Not the ammount it will lower.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen two things regarding Hit Lower Defense:

1. It lowers Defense Chance by 25%
http://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Lower_Defense

2. It lowers Defense chance by the set amount of 25.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/itemproperties.php#hld

Regarding #2, If 45 is the cap, and the set amount is 25, then you would require 70 (45+25) to be immune from losing your 45 DCI cap.

Regarding #1, you'd want DCI to be high enough so that if you lost 25%, you still have 45 DCI. ((45 * 100) / 75) = 60, so 60 DCI should keep you at cap and 70 would be a waste.

I don't know which Method UO actually uses or if there is other factors. What do you all think?
Tested this in the Enhanced Client yesterday. 45% real DCI and it dropped to 20% after HLD. So HLD does not lower DCI by 25 per cent but rather 25 percentage points.

J

[JD]

so you must have 70 dci to be immune from hld. good to know, thanks