• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decreas in lag suggestion

N

nobuttkisser

You might not like this but If everyone is complaining about lag... lets try a suggestion... have ALL computers use one and ONLY one character (sim) log into a city that is currently open(ed). All other for the time being will be "locked out" possible computer message <font color="red"> Due to lag issue your computer from this IP address will only accept ONE character to play until the issue is ressolved. </font>

<font color="white"> Restrict free account to TC3/TC3-Test to decrease workload on server(s)</font>

<font color="green"> Do not migrate anymore sim(s) either via bullett train or merges until lag is null or at a tolerable level of gameplay</font>

now, without the flame, whats your thought???

T

Tristan Lewis

So that would mean if your going by IP address my wife and I could only run 1 of the 11 accts we pay for at a time? when ATM we are running 7 of them with little to no lag. I say bad idea!!!!!!!! out of the 15,000 paid accts half are owned by people that have more then 2 accts. would not be a wise business choice.

G

Merging just might help the lag by spreading players accross the map. I have hardly any lag in the IH map.

N

nobuttkisser

<blockquote><hr>

So that would mean if your going by IP address my wife and I could only run 1 of the 11 accts we pay for at a time? when ATM we are running 7 of them with little to no lag. I say bad idea!!!!!!!! out of the 15,000 paid accts half are owned by people that have more then 2 accts. would not be a wise business choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be a bad "business choice" however, isn't the goal to decrease lag in game. I have two accounts none of my sims are in ealand and I can't play any of the other ones until the merge is through however since I know this is a game, no need for me getting "bent out of shape" over it .

If I was able to play, I'd rather deal with a temporary inconvenience for a snoother gameplay.... and yes now a nosey question...... why do you and your wife need so many accounts anyway.... never mind. I am so not going there lol .....

limit account usage... see if this is the cause of the lag issue "server trying to access too many accounts at the same time" just a suggestion.. if its not a good one then the lag I fear will continue.

If that don't work then for the older sim finatics, remember the icon of a city "bulging, ready to explode" and the message: <font color="red"> No access, city is full, try again later. </font>

Now that definately took care of the lagging problem maybe that needs to be implemented again. set a pre defined number of sims who can easily enter a particular city and when that number is reached no access (much like a full property without the available of a sim to "jump" to squeeze another sim on the property.

p.s. sorry for the nosey question couldn't help it

G

<blockquote><hr>

Merging just might help the lag by spreading players accross the map. I have hardly any lag in the IH map.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the merges are <u>ALL</u> complete then most of the sims will not be in what, 4 cities? With more cities opening than the lag shouldn't be as bad. Cuz at the moment all the sims are packing into these cities like sardines.

Just a thought of a thought.

T

Tristan Lewis

Well if you want your answer Find me in game on one of my 5 accts, my wifes 5 accts or our sons 1 acct. Youll get your answer in less than 10 min,CAUSE NO I DONT USE A DAMN 3RD PARTY PROGRAM.
AND seeing as your allowed 8 sims in EAL then its your own DAMN fault your not playing. ALSO if you havent played since the cities shut down HOW IN GODS NAME DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LAG OTHER THEN WHAT YOU READ HERE. NOW GO BUZZ OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hubby and I share a computer, and therefore an IP address as well, so I can see where you're coming from, but it seems that you and your wife Tristan are on 2 separate computers, in which case it is possible for you guys to have separate IP addresses and that would solve your issue, except that you'd only be able to run one of yours and she'd only be able to run one of hers. That would suck, however if doing so would decrease the significant lag in EAL (there's virtually none in TC3, ever) then it's a sacrifice that my hubby and I would be willing to make temporarily, until they do whatever is necessary to upgrade the servers to be able to handle the additional loads of sims running multiple accounts. I've said this before, but even if a problem doesn't affect (the collective) you personally, we as a community still all need to be willing to do what is necessary to eliminate the problems that other people *are* having. For now, logging out of EAL and going to play in TC3 is a viable option, but not long-term, and there's no telling what it's going to require to fix the lag issues long term.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well if you want your answer Find me in game on one of my 5 accts, my wifes 5 accts or our sons 1 acct. Youll get your answer in less than 10 min,CAUSE NO I DONT USE A DAMN 3RD PARTY PROGRAM.
AND seeing as your allowed 8 sims in EAL then its your own DAMN fault your not playing. ALSO if you havent played since the cities shut down HOW IN GODS NAME DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LAG OTHER THEN WHAT YOU READ HERE. NOW GO BUZZ OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief......I really think its time to take a step back and go do other things before firing off a post like this that is so inflammatory and rude. You certainly aren't the first person who has that many accounts to have anything like an incinuation that you are a botter or a moneytrader/rare dealer leveled at you, so there's little reason for taking it so personally IMO. People have been talking about the lag for weeks and months, its not something one *has* to experience first hand in order to know it exists. If it weren't SO many people talking about it, then one could say that the few were just blowing things out of proportion, but after reading the multitudes of unrelated sims here talking about it, and then experiencing it for myself I can say he's 100% right, and he's not the first person to suggest what he's suggesting either, and it *would* help things, at least somewhat. Maybe if not 1 account limit per IP the limit could be set at 2-3 per IP, that way only those who are running enough sims to pizza with alone would be affected for the most part...everybody else could still skill or make money with their 2-3 accounts at a time, as they so chose. It just seems short-sighted to me for players to not be willing to do *anything* to help fix a problem, just because they are not severely impacted by it. Don't you have any friends, at least, who *are* severely impacted by the lag that you would like to help...maybe that would be a less foreign concept than being compassionate toward *strangers*
Who knows.

G

If we are going to get serious about the lag problem, there are better ways to approach it.
Restrictions should be placed on non subscription accounts only. One free sim in EA Land at a time to a PC. That should not be that hard to implement, I believe it could be done so only the patch will allow free play and the client won't.
Also I feel a limit needs to applied to each person, not account but person, as to how much custom content they can download. There is far to much CC entering and I belive that has a lot to do with the lag. Most CC makers won't be effected by it because they wouldn't likely exceed the limits, but there are some that are going crazy flooding the game with CC. Each time our sims enter a lot that has CC in it that our sim has not seen before, we have to download it. If you take in to account of how much that would be happening, the servers and bandwidth would be stretched and cause the lag. I know that certain people are going to be upset at my suggestion to limit each person on CC, but those people have to consider what they are causing in the way of lag for the rest of us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also I feel a limit needs to applied to each person, not account but person, as to how much custom content they can download. There is far to much CC entering and I belive that has a lot to do with the lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said download but I think you meant UPload, since that is what is going to cut down on the lag, less CC in the game. EA has done this in a roundabout way by increasing the upload costs, like was talked about in the CC thread. Players wanted CC, but not at the cost of the lag that it has caused, so at least by raising the prices, they've made players think twice and be more selective in what they upload, or whether they upload anything at all in some cases. The only thing further that could help is to delete some of the cc that is already in the game, but nobody is going to voluntarily delete CC from their lot, because of the fact that there's no sellback, and the fact that people just cant stand to take losses, even if for the greater good, generally speaking.

G

Yep I did mean upload, I did also think about the possible deletion of some of the CC. A bigger problem than what you mentioned is that if deleted, any that already been purchased by other players would be deleted as well. Which really makes that not an option.
Also what did you think about my suggestion in regards to limiting the free play to the patch so only 1 free play can be played. Although I only have 1 active account now, I can still bring in all of the other 6 accounts that are no longer subscribed. I don't, no need for it for me. But I don't feel that players with payed multiple accounts should be limited. I also believe that the majority of the flooding is due to multiple free accounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yep I did mean upload, I did also think about the possible deletion of some of the CC. A bigger problem than what you mentioned is that if deleted, any that already been purchased by other players would be deleted as well. Which really makes that not an option.
Also what did you think about my suggestion in regards to limiting the free play to the patch so only 1 free play can be played. Although I only have 1 active account now, I can still bring in all of the other 6 accounts that are no longer subscribed. I don't, no need for it for me. But I don't feel that players with payed multiple accounts should be limited. I also believe that the majority of the flooding is due to multiple free accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're going to limit to a certain number of accounts per IP to be logged in at once, then I think it should be across the board, free players and premium players alike. Free players are already at a significant disadvantage as to what they can do in the game, so I think we're at the threshhold between enticing them to become premium players (which is what the restrictions now do) and just flat running them off period. Also, I don't think there's enough people with legitimate free multiple accounts (not factoring in the exploiters) to make a significant impact on lag without limiting the premium players too. Get rid of the exploiting players all together, and limit everybody else to a certain number of accounts per IP (not necessarily 1, could be any number between 1 and 4) and I believe that will have a significant impact on lag without even delving into the CC factor. Delete some of the superfluous, low-quality CC that is around (maybe determining that based on # of copies sold, since we know there is a way the devs can track that) and that could solve the whole thing. Yes, it will not be pleasant for sims who have paid for that CC with simoleans, however most of the low-end CC was sold for little to nothing anyway, so the losses to the individual sims would not be that great when you add up what the loss of simoleans and job promotions is causing them when they error out in the middle of a sim job shift, or if it causes them to die at the factory the cost of time that it takes to find a shaman that is willing to revive them. If nothing else, it would be the lesser of two evils, and a necessary evil to achieve the goal of making the game less laggy, and more playable for the masses.

G

Since the free accounts are so limited in EA Land why in the world would they want to be there? They have no restrictions TC3. I think the majority have ended up there. So we can't necessarily blame the free account holders.

Yes I think that the free account holders should only be limited to 1 account in EA Land. That way they paying public can enjoy the game w/o having to hear someone complaining of the lag situation.

BTW i'm a paying subscriber

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be a bad "business choice" however, isn't the goal to decrease lag in game. I have two accounts none of my sims are in ealand and I can't play any of the other ones until the merge is through however since I know this is a game, no need for me getting "bent out of shape" over it .

If I was able to play, I'd rather deal with a temporary inconvenience for a snoother gameplay.... and yes now a nosey question...... why do you and your wife need so many accounts anyway.... never mind. I am so not going there lol .....

limit account usage... see if this is the cause of the lag issue "server trying to access too many accounts at the same time" just a suggestion.. if its not a good one then the lag I fear will continue.

If that don't work then for the older sim finatics, remember the icon of a city "bulging, ready to explode" and the message: <font color="red"> No access, city is full, try again later. </font>

Now that definately took care of the lagging problem maybe that needs to be implemented again. set a pre defined number of sims who can easily enter a particular city and when that number is reached no access (much like a full property without the available of a sim to "jump" to squeeze another sim on the property.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't figure out how you have been bothered by the lag if your unable to play. You have slots to create sims....opppps *a sim* so if your not playing, its your own fault. Also, if your going to ask people how many accounts they have just to turn around and be a jerk to them you must be really bored. Here, i'll give you something to take a stab at. My husband and I have 6 accounts. What you haven't taken into consideration, is that many players are handicapped, and this game is good therapy. Many have had major trauma in thier lives. Again this game is good therapy. I met a mother who lost her son in Irag, and she said that it was her friends in TSO that helped her get through each day.
Now for me, I play 3 sims at a time usually. You can call it whatever youd like but I call it FUN and if I can afford it then it's nunya bizness!!!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief......I really think its time to take a step back and go do other things before firing off a post like this that is so inflammatory and rude. You certainly aren't the first person who has that many accounts to have anything like an incinuation that you are a botter or a moneytrader/rare dealer leveled at you, so there's little reason for taking it so personally IMO. People have been talking about the lag for weeks and months, its not something one *has* to experience first hand in order to know it exists. If it weren't SO many people talking about it, then one could say that the few were just blowing things out of proportion, but after reading the multitudes of unrelated sims here talking about it, and then experiencing it for myself I can say he's 100% right, and he's not the first person to suggest what he's suggesting either, and it *would* help things, at least somewhat. Maybe if not 1 account limit per IP the limit could be set at 2-3 per IP, that way only those who are running enough sims to pizza with alone would be affected for the most part...everybody else could still skill or make money with their 2-3 accounts at a time, as they so chose. It just seems short-sighted to me for players to not be willing to do *anything* to help fix a problem, just because they are not severely impacted by it. Don't you have any friends, at least, who *are* severely impacted by the lag that you would like to help...maybe that would be a less foreign concept than being compassionate toward *strangers*
Who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carrie, Correct me if i'm wrong but Tristan didn't start with the rudeness. I just left a reply myself because I didnt appreciated the guy asking a about the multiple accounts just to poke fun of us that have them. Thats not nice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since the free accounts are so limited in EA Land why in the world would they want to be there? They have no restrictions TC3. I think the majority have ended up there. So we can't necessarily blame the free account holders.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's alot of reasons for free players to have a sim in EAL, if for no other reason than to be able to visit the Town Hall (since its in a residence category, the one category free accounts can go to in EAL unrestricted). I don't recall when the last time I saw the Community Pub, the TC3 equivalent, open, so if those players never could go to EAL at all, how would they get to hear directly what the devs have to say, and have the devs directly hear their concerns? Food for thought. Also, allowing the free accounts in EAL on a limited basis gives them a 'taste' of what they'd get unlimited access to as a premium account holder, in a way that just having unlimited access in TC3 can't do, since players who play regularly in both cities know that they are really different environments in alot of ways, not just in the lag differences. Free players already do stay out of EAL for the most part during times when the TH isn't open I'd imagine, so I think denying them access all together would be superfluous and punitive, and not even accomplish the goal that it is intended to accomplish.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't figure out how you have been bothered by the lag if your unable to play. You have slots to create sims....opppps *a sim* so if your not playing, its your own fault. Also, if your going to ask people how many accounts they have just to turn around and be a jerk to them you must be really bored. Here, i'll give you something to take a stab at. My husband and I have 6 accounts. What you haven't taken into consideration, is that many players are handicapped, and this game is good therapy. Many have had major trauma in thier lives. Again this game is good therapy. I met a mother who lost her son in Irag, and she said that it was her friends in TSO that helped her get through each day.
Now for me, I play 3 sims at a time usually. You can call it whatever youd like but I call it FUN and if I can afford it then it's nunya bizness!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am disabled myself, and yes you're correct the game is good 'therapy' both in just having a diversion, and because of the social interaction and relationships that we form, but that can be done with one account just as well as it can be with 6, so I'm not seeing where your argument is valid against limiting the number of accounts that can be logged in at once. Nobody is saying a person can't *have* more accounts than that, you're right if you can afford it then it's none of anybody else's business, but if having all those accounts on simultaneously causes increased lag for everybody else, then that is when it becomes their business to have a voice in whether or not that practice should continue......that of being logged in simultaneously, not of actually having that number of accounts in a particular person's name.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carrie, Correct me if i'm wrong but Tristan didn't start with the rudeness. I just left a reply myself because I didnt appreciated the guy asking a about the multiple accounts just to poke fun of us that have them. Thats not nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't poke fun. He asked why he needed to have that many accounts, and then said 'wait, nevermind, not even gonna go there' or something to that affect. Players are so used to the inferences being made, that they are now jumping to the conclusion that anybody who raises their eyebrows at that many accounts is inferring that they do something untoward with them. that's not nbk's rudeness, that's Tristan's paranoia probably based on having inferrences made *before* by *other* players, but not here in this thread by nbk that I read.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're going to limit to a certain number of accounts per IP to be logged in at once, then I think it should be across the board, free players and premium players alike. Free players are already at a significant disadvantage as to what they can do in the game, so I think we're at the threshhold between enticing them to become premium players (which is what the restrictions now do) and just flat running them off period. Also, I don't think there's enough people with legitimate free multiple accounts (not factoring in the exploiters) to make a significant impact on lag without limiting the premium players too. Get rid of the exploiting players all together, and limit everybody else to a certain number of accounts per IP (not necessarily 1, could be any number between 1 and 4) and I believe that will have a significant impact on lag without even delving into the CC factor. Delete some of the superfluous, low-quality CC that is around (maybe determining that based on # of copies sold, since we know there is a way the devs can track that) and that could solve the whole thing. Yes, it will not be pleasant for sims who have paid for that CC with simoleans, however most of the low-end CC was sold for little to nothing anyway, so the losses to the individual sims would not be that great when you add up what the loss of simoleans and job promotions is causing them when they error out in the middle of a sim job shift, or if it causes them to die at the factory the cost of time that it takes to find a shaman that is willing to revive them. If nothing else, it would be the lesser of two evils, and a necessary evil to achieve the goal of making the game less laggy, and more playable for the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limiting the use of "paying" multiple accounts will decrease the returns on subscriptions for EA. People that have more accounts than what they get limited to would cancel those extra subscriptions. To me it doesn't matter if it is one person paying for 10 subscriptions or 10 individual subscribers. The effect on lag would be the same. I also disagree that there would not be many multiple free accounts in EAL. There is definite evidence of the free accounts being used in a number of ways to gain in things like the top 100 list. Also I know of people that have made free accounts just to get numbers in their lot when they open so others will come to the lot. Plus there are other things going on with free accounts that I can't mention in here. If you think of the many things that a premium account holder can benefit from with having a few extra sims at their disposal, then I think you may change your mind on how many multiple free accounts there are. Yes limiting free account holders in something else may discourage some from subscribing, but it may also encourage some to subscribe as well to get that extra sim or 2.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limiting the use of "paying" multiple accounts will decrease the returns on subscriptions for EA. People that have more accounts than what they get limited to would cancel those extra subscriptions. To me it doesn't matter if it is one person paying for 10 subscriptions or 10 individual subscribers. The effect on lag would be the same. I also disagree that there would not be many multiple free accounts in EAL. There is definite evidence of the free accounts being used in a number of ways to gain in things like the top 100 list. Also I know of people that have made free accounts just to get numbers in their lot when they open so others will come to the lot. Plus there are other things going on with free accounts that I can't mention in here. If you think of the many things that a premium account holder can benefit from with having a few extra sims at their disposal, then I think you may change your mind on how many multiple free accounts there are. Yes limiting free account holders in something else may discourage some from subscribing, but it may also encourage some to subscribe as well to get that extra sim or 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free players in EA Land are not supposed to be able to go to skill or money lots, so once that bug is squashed the free account exploitation to climb the lists in those categories will come to a screeching halt, leaving then only a significant problem in stores, but again that needs to be dealt with the way any exploiter would be dealt with, by getting rid of that exploiter, including the paid accounts and the 25 alt free accounts. If they are going to stoop to exploiting then they just don't deserve to be in the game at all. The practice of punishing honest players because of exploiters has never been very well liked, and it shouldn't be condoned here either......the offending parties should suffer, and them alone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Free players in EA Land are not supposed to be able to go to skill or money lots, so once that bug is squashed the free account exploitation to climb the lists in those categories will come to a screeching halt, leaving then only a significant problem in stores, but again that needs to be dealt with the way any exploiter would be dealt with, by getting rid of that exploiter, including the paid accounts and the 25 alt free accounts. If they are going to stoop to exploiting then they just don't deserve to be in the game at all. The practice of punishing honest players because of exploiters has never been very well liked, and it shouldn't be condoned here either......the offending parties should suffer, and them alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have just found the answer to the problem, get rid of the exploiters, fix the bug and we get rid of the lag.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

You might not like this but If everyone is complaining about lag... lets try a suggestion... have ALL computers use one and ONLY one character (sim) log into a city that is currently open(ed). All other for the time being will be "locked out" possible computer message <font color="red"> Due to lag issue your computer from this IP address will only accept ONE character to play until the issue is ressolved. </font>

<font color="white"> Restrict free account to TC3/TC3-Test to decrease workload on server(s)</font>

<font color="green"> Do not migrate anymore sim(s) either via bullett train or merges until lag is null or at a tolerable level of gameplay</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No blame...just commenting ok?

I used to like to blame other players for lag too.

Some of the rumors used to say that if some players didn't have enough memory they could lag your house, if they had a slow internet connections, running multiples, TSO animations such as ceiling fans/large fish tanks/dance floors, running 3rd party software...etc.

My observations: , I had been using the same computer for a very long time.
I bought a new computer with plenty of memory, newer video/sound cards, the works....and I have no lag whatsoever whether I log in one sim or a whole lot more. I did have the 'freeze' thing that was going on but that's not what I would classify as 'lag' compared to what used to be considered lag.

So I tend to think that lag may be a combination of 1 or more items....your internet speed and computer speed. If you are running a dual core processor and play the game for an extended period of time....that could also cause increasing lag. After speaking with HP, I was told to log off and give the processor a cool down after play sims all day.

So no, I don't believe that the multiple sim runners are causing the lag.

There have been many times I've wondered if the problems AV has experienced in the past was caused by the 'exploit'. The exploit had to have started in one of the cities and since the method of the exploit was explained to me...I have to truly wonder why it didn't just crash the whole game. It would explain why over the last year, AV has had so many problems though.

And I will freely admit how many accounts I have....I have many accounts but not as many as some others....(HAHA)

N

nobuttkisser

<font color="red"> I can't figure out how you have been bothered by the lag if your unable to play. You have slots to create sims....opppps *a sim* so if your not playing, its your own fault. Also, if your going to ask people how many accounts they have just to turn around and be a jerk to them you must be really bored. Here, i'll give you something to take a stab at. My husband and I have 6 accounts. What you haven't taken into consideration, is that many players are handicapped, and this game is good therapy. Many have had major trauma in thier lives. Again this game is good therapy. I met a mother who lost her son in Irag, and she said that it was her friends in TSO that helped her get through each day.
</font>

#1 the "nosey" issue was a sarcastic remark good, bad, or indifferent.
and I DID apologized at the comment at the bottom of my post (the p.s. was a serious one)

#2 The reason why I am not able to play is because I chose NOT to use the bullett train and leave my property behind. after hearing the problems with people havng no money to buy land or build on it I'm glad I did

#3 I do have sim(s) in EAL and have personally experienced the innability to get on a property (by the way 30 sims on one property no wonder the game lags)

#4 I AM one of those disable person (handicapable) -- (handicapped is only use when your ability to do something is impeded through no fault of your own) who is on my computer a lot. my nose has to literally be pressed to my screen to figure out what goes on in online games. most of the time I listen to what goes on since I have an OCR that verbally reads back what is on my monitor. now add that to lag, delays, bumps, jumps, stalls, and drop out back to windows and its no fun making or wanting to play any online game under those circumstances.

Now, it wasn't a personal attack it was an attempt at getting people to understand why the game lags and what they are willing to do to help reduce the problem.

Devs are NOT magicians but all I hear is (fix this, fix that, my money is too low, i can't do this or that anymore.) after awhile this message board will have to be changed from Stratics to a whining board or something because it is quite evident that the negative remarks/posts far out weight any semblance of positive remarks.

I said it before and i'll say it again. breathe deeply and let things take its course or wait until the devs figure out what the situation is. One thing I do know. As soon as this problem is fixed.. SOMEBODY will start griping about something else.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I said it before and i'll say it again. breathe deeply and let things take its course or wait until the devs figure out what the situation is. One thing I do know. As soon as this problem is fixed.. SOMEBODY will start griping about something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody is my sim and he's not a complainer....he just hangs out and looks cool. And Somebody Else isn't gonna complain either....

...lighten up everyone. Sounds like the devs are working on it and from what some have said....it's gotten better for them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

#4 I AM one of those disable person (handicapable) -- (handicapped is only use when your ability to do something is impeded through no fault of your own) who is on my computer a lot. my nose has to literally be pressed to my screen to figure out what goes on in online games. most of the time I listen to what goes on since I have an OCR that verbally reads back what is on my monitor. now add that to lag, delays, bumps, jumps, stalls, and drop out back to windows and its no fun making or wanting to play any online game under those circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jiminy Crickets, I never even considered how the lag might affect programs like OCRs.....but thinking about it processor lag causes problems with online radio stations, and even one's own MP3 files sometimes, so that does make sense. Players with concerns like this REALLY have a reason other than convenience annoyance for wanting the lag gone, poste haste. Gah! Nothing like a little perspective gain, IMO.

T

Tristan Lewis

TTL Short and sweet here. Seems to me that if running 5+ accts on one PC was gonna cause anyone LAG it would cause the person running that many accts the lag. I highly doubt that me running more them 1 acct has anything whatsoever do do with the LAG. If you kept up with all this the tools are in place to fine toon the lag. I would think that it will get worse before it gets better. Simply because of the Merges meaning everytime a city merges they have to readjust the tooning tool. So in short SIT BACK HOLD ON AND ENJOY THE RIDE ITS MAY JUST BE A BUMPY ONE FOLKS!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the rumors used to say that if some players didn't have enough memory they could lag your house, if they had a slow internet connections, running multiples, TSO animations such as ceiling fans/large fish tanks/dance floors, running 3rd party software...etc.

I bought a new computer with plenty of memory, newer video/sound cards, the works....and I have no lag whatsoever whether I log in one sim or a whole lot more. I did have the 'freeze' thing that was going on but that's not what I would classify as 'lag' compared to what used to be considered lag.

So I tend to think that lag may be a combination of 1 or more items....your internet speed and computer speed. If you are running a dual core processor and play the game for an extended period of time....that could also cause increasing lag. After speaking with HP, I was told to log off and give the processor a cool down after play sims all day.

There have been many times I've wondered if the problems AV has experienced in the past was caused by the 'exploit'. The exploit had to have started in one of the cities and since the method of the exploit was explained to me...I have to truly wonder why it didn't just crash the whole game. It would explain why over the last year, AV has had so many problems though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree with what you say, in particular the internet connection counts a lot towards what lag a player would experience. There are however different types of lag. I have a powerful duo core computer and heaps of band width so I don't experience much of the lag you talk about. And infact the lag that people are experiencing from the server end really doesn't effect my game. I don't do the jobs like the robot factory. And that is where the lag from the server most effects game play. A word furhter into the heating of processors. there are 2 different types of dual core processors, 1 is called dual core, the other duo core. The dual core is 2 processors stacked on top of each other and runs very hot. The duo core is 2 processors built in 1 and runs even cooler than the old pentium 4 processors.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

TTL Short and sweet here. Seems to me that if running 5+ accts on one PC was gonna cause anyone LAG it would cause the person running that many accts the lag. I highly doubt that me running more them 1 acct has anything whatsoever do do with the LAG. If you kept up with all this the tools are in place to fine toon the lag. I would think that it will get worse before it gets better. Simply because of the Merges meaning everytime a city merges they have to readjust the tooning tool. So in short SIT BACK HOLD ON AND ENJOY THE RIDE ITS MAY JUST BE A BUMPY ONE FOLKS!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My main problem with TSO is the updates but since talking to HP per Lee's suggestion....I think I've got that figured out too.

See everyone's computer is different. You and I both can go to the store and buy identical computers sitting next to each other on the shelf. But each of those could have something just a 'little' different that could make one work better than the other.

I think anyone that has a new computer and is experiencing lag...etc....may find it beneficial to give their CPU manufacturer a call and discuss it with them. There might be some things you can do on your end that can help fix 'some' of the problems. (and funny thing....the HP techie used to be an avid TSO player and was very interested in news about what's going on in game.)

G

Ok, for 1, the number of accounts you have do not affect lag. It does not cause it unless you have them open on your pc at the same time and in the same house. What is causing most of the lag right now is the free accounts that do be logged in. If you notice now when after school time comes, it is just as well to shut down. To fix it, send free accounts back to tc3. People have always had more than 1 account. Lag hasnt been this bad til lately. The only change lately is free accounts. So why are you all fighting over multiple accounts?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, for 1, the number of accounts you have do not affect lag. It does not cause it unless you have them open on your pc at the same time and in the same house. What is causing most of the lag right now is the free accounts that do be logged in. If you notice now when after school time comes, it is just as well to shut down. To fix it, send free accounts back to tc3. People have always had more than 1 account. Lag hasnt been this bad til lately. The only change lately is free accounts. So why are you all fighting over multiple accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you may have hit on something....just after school?

Is it possible some of the kiddies are playing on 'hand me' down computers that are slower connecting and running sims?

Or maybe the server is struggling to maintain the status quo when there is a large stress put on it?

(I don't think the original creator of the thread was per say picking on multiples. It's just that some people don't like it and they will take any opportunity to slam us multiple owners. It doesn't really bother me much. I am the one paying for them so it's none of their business and they should worry about their own account.)

I

imported_Shirl1211

My reference about multiple accounts just happened to fall into my comment. I doesn't have anything to do with it but the OP ask Tristan how many accounts she had and it wasn't for any significate reason he had ask the number except to try and down her for it. The other which I spoke about, I don't even remember the reason it popped into my head but I somehow added it in reference to his comment.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had my accounts for so long they seem like family to me. No just kidding about that last one but I usually play 3 sims at a time becasue I have way too much time on my hands due to health issues , I like sims but I can also find it boring with skilling and such so just started playing multiples. I can teach and have 1 serenading or crafting.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

But you know?

There has been a factory lag ever since I can remember? People started working the factory again and now they notice it. LOL

There used to also be an incredible lag when there was a lot of dance floor tiles.

But since getting my computer the 'old typical' lag is gone. I've not noticed the 'freeze up' lag. Though I have been keeping a regular 'clean up' on my computer every few days beyond what the 'defrag' does. It seems to help....now that I said it....you know Vista's gonna crash this evening right?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And I will freely admit how many accounts I have....I have many accounts but not as many as some others....(HAHA)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Dutch. I should clarify mine a bit. My husband has 2 I have 3 and my son has 1. I was always so busy all my life with work and activies that I never really wanted to play more then 1 but now that my health is failing, I can't do the once loved things anymore so I play the game alot. I'm just to hyper to play only 1 sim..I would abide by any rule though if I knew this was the reason, or even 1 of the main reasons for this dreaded lag but I have found out that when I go to houses with alot of CC, it feels like my feet have just slipped into cement shoes. Its real bad and everyone at that house was saying the same thing, Even in TC3.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

It's not so much 'lag' at houses with a lot of cc...it's landing that's slow. I guess we have to wait for all that extra stuff to load?

(I always had friends in 'other cities'. So one account let to others. Then the population started dropping off and those sims needed 'companion' sims....and it just escalated.

Then I really wanted to get rid of one here or there. But never could figure out which one I liked the least to get rid of.

But with being able to have 8 sims on an account and amnesty, I can remake a few of my absolute faves and finally cut back how my TSO budget finally.

HEY!! With all that money I'll save I can hit the ATM machines....LMAO - J/K)

G

If this is a cause of the lag. It will be better soon. They are going to make it to where free accts do not count toward visitor minutes.

I don't think this is the problem.

G

If I could only have 1 sim. I would quit. When EA Land first opened and I could not access more than one. I was ready to walk. It is just not the same game I have played for years. I do not see any reason to change this. This is a BS thread. Most of my time is spent either on pizza or shopping and trading between my multiple sims. This is not a threat cuz the devs will not do this to us! They are going to allow us to run multiple sims on the same acct. The merges do not need to be delayed. We need more quality CC in game. The devs did not raise the prices of CC to cut down on it.

G

I think they should be banned for the reason you will not mention. Until that bug is fixed.

G

Your right. As I mentioned at TH last night. There was lag at the diner in DG I had 6 cooks instead of 3 there.

Lee said the good news is they can see the problem. They just are not sure how to fix it.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red"> I can't figure out how you have been bothered by the lag if your unable to play. You have slots to create sims....opppps *a sim* so if your not playing, its your own fault. Also, if your going to ask people how many accounts they have just to turn around and be a jerk to them you must be really bored. Here, i'll give you something to take a stab at. My husband and I have 6 accounts. What you haven't taken into consideration, is that many players are handicapped, and this game is good therapy. Many have had major trauma in thier lives. Again this game is good therapy. I met a mother who lost her son in Irag, and she said that it was her friends in TSO that helped her get through each day.
</font>

#1 the "nosey" issue was a sarcastic remark good, bad, or indifferent.
and I DID apologized at the comment at the bottom of my post (the p.s. was a serious one)

#2 The reason why I am not able to play is because I chose NOT to use the bullett train and leave my property behind. after hearing the problems with people havng no money to buy land or build on it I'm glad I did

#3 I do have sim(s) in EAL and have personally experienced the innability to get on a property (by the way 30 sims on one property no wonder the game lags)

Now, it wasn't a personal attack it was an attempt at getting people to understand why the game lags and what they are willing to do to help reduce the problem.

Devs are NOT magicians but all I hear is (fix this, fix that, my money is too low, i can't do this or that anymore.) after awhile this message board will have to be changed from Stratics to a whining board or something because it is quite evident that the negative remarks/posts far out weight any semblance of positive remarks.

I said it before and i'll say it again. breathe deeply and let things take its course or wait until the devs figure out what the situation is. One thing I do know. As soon as this problem is fixed.. SOMEBODY will start griping about something else. [/quote/]

Im sorry to hear about your medical condition first .

Secondly, I am not sure about the lag your having becasue I have also had some lag in recent days but it hasent preventing me from doing anything. I have been teaching almost everyday and this is even whild I have multiple sims playing. Are you sure that some of the problem isn't your computer? I hope all gets better for you.