• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

deco'ing with the new garlands?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone done anything cool with the new garlands yet?
i'm guessing we can use deco tools to raise gems up onto them (going to try that after work today), but i'm thinking there's going to be a lot more ways to decorate them (candles, apples, white yarn balls, etc.). i hope they don't re-deed after the holidays. someone said in uhall that you can dye them with a regular dye tub? not sure though, haven't tried yet. anyways, if anyone has any cool screenies of things they've done with the garlands, please post them :)

i know from fiddling with them before work that there is an annoyance factor in that if you raise them up even a little they show on the floor above.

C

Ceridwen

To be honest, I haven't decoed with them since they don't follow the wall, but are "straight" angled... :(

T

Teeshy

has anyone done anything cool with the new garlands yet?
Geeze! Give people a chance! I mean, it's only 10 to 7 in the morning, I haven't even finished my coffee yet, shard was only published sometime in the past two hours, haven't had a chance to open the game even...

*grins*

I'm SO impatient to get in game and try too =D I love that we can dye them too - really want to see how they look different colours, will make hanging things from the walls more interesting!

Hrmm, two of them overlapping with a mistletoe or holly wreath int he middle? I need to find the box with my christmas decorations in it after all! WHY do I always seem to move house right before new pixel crack is handed out?

Ceridwen - what do you mean about the angle? They look (from the screenshots) like they follow the wall?

F

Flora Green

I hung some in my doorways as well, Nine. I tried and tried to get them to go up the stair rail, but they just don't look right. I'm going to pop on Test since the shards are down and test colors on them.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hung some in my doorways as well, Nine. I tried and tried to get them to go up the stair rail, but they just don't look right. I'm going to pop on Test since the shards are down and test colors on them.
that's a brilliant idea!!! *scampers off to do same*

F

Flora Green

I'll let you play with the differnt colors, but a newly bought NPC tub dyes them back to default green. :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet if dyed... they might be able to make decent looking rope barricades.. kinda like the ones you see in RL at banks, movie theaters, etc with the poles and the big rubber rope between them. Might be kinda nice for a museum or auction house.

F

Flora Green

I dyed one using red on the normal tub and it turned out nice. I also think it could be used for museums and auctions. The black looked very cool, but the special dye tub colors were too dark, IMO. I bet they will look cool using orange and black for Halloween or maybe red and pink for Valentine's Day. :) I forgot to see if the Tokuno dyes can be used on it.

C

Ceridwen

I'll let you play with the differnt colors, but a newly bought NPC tub dyes them back to default green. :)
You can also click on the dye tub and select "Set to default colour" - at least that works with the reward dye tubs, not sure about the normal one.

F

Flora Green

Hah... I have never done that, Ceridwen. Flora= 8 yr noob. :)

C

Ceridwen

Always something new one can learn in the game. :) That's what makes it so great.

D

Deb

I put some on te banister of a keep im decoing for a friend and
then used gems as balls....4 per garland looks awesome. Or you
can use the enchanted apples.