• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Deco problem: archways

S

schwaran

Hello,

I was have been a UO player off and on since 2000 and recently returned from a 3 month layoff. In my short time away I kind forgot how to deco! :embarrassed:

There was this trick I used to know where you could get items to slide over and be underneath an archway. I think it involved a water barrel too, but I am not sure. Can anyone help refresh my memory? Checked the stickies and did some searching but 'water barrel' and 'archway' dont help much.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you referring to getting an item high enough so it hangs overhead? You can raise (and even turn some) items with an int dec tool, and there are tricks to get items to go higher as well.

If that's way off you could browse the famous homes of britannia, it's a lot of older homes with older deco and you might find what you are thinking of in there so we can help you out. :)

S

schwaran

Normally when you have an archway, you cannot place anything IN it, like a bench. I am not talking about raising something so it is overhead, I mean actually placing in between the archway.

Like in this picture

How do I get the benches underneath the arch?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm, I used to put stuff on my beetle and then tell it to drop when it was standing on the correct tile. However I don't think you can do that anymore, maybe with packies (the command is "name" drop without quotes). Possibly you can place a trash barrel on that tile then put the stuff in it you want to raise, then axe the barrel before the stuff poofs (you have three minutes).

If you can get a container down you can put stuff in and axe it (not the backpack style anymore though, no longer axeable). But then again if you can get a container down you can probably put the item down..hehe..