• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dec 20th: TC3 going offline at 2 pm PST

G

As the title says. We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour.

I

imported_LFancey

Parizad,

Will it be longer than an hour?

Lee "Pickle Juice" Fancey

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I expect it is only longer than an hour when it can eat up Community Pub online time. Pub time is hours away. No getting off the hook today!

M

Monkeybear

Cream bear suitsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Thanks Parizad

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

I expect it is only longer than an hour when it can eat up Community Pub online time. Pub time is hours away. No getting off the hook today!

[/ QUOTE ]

O snap - I heard that Gracie!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Parizad,

Will it be longer than an hour?

Lee "Pickle Juice" Fancey

[/ QUOTE ]

Pickle Juice,

Yeah, probably.

Parizad Parav

I

imported_LFancey

Ok we have also detected an issue with the city selector so we have takend the CS of line as well.

Lee

P

PB Three

Off-topic:

Hey, Parizad: are you of Slavic or Russian decent? "Parav" Sounds like it to me.

PB Three

G

I can't get into ANY city???

Is it to do with the city selector being down? I get the log in screen, put in my details press enter, then back to the log in screen

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

As the title says. We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, and the title also says TC is going offline. I can't get into any cities.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Is today the 20th?

Are we getting....*crosses fingers, toes, eyes and legs* free green?

Looks at parizad hopefully!!! Pleeeeeze

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok we have also detected an issue with the city selector so we have takend the CS of line as well.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why Lee updated here to say that they've also taken the city selector down as they found a issue with it.

I'm sure we'll be the first to know when its all resolved and we can all log back in again.

Polly

G

&lt;------ a rather simple person who needs thing explaining is simple terms here

does the city selector being offling affect ALL logins?

P

PB Three

Free green is boring, IMHO. It's main use is for teaching, so on those days people won't need to find the nearest tree-farm to keep the fun bar from plummeting too low. Other than that, I dunno.

EDIT: @ UK Player: Yes, it does. With the city selector offline, no one can play in any city.

PB Three

G

Well if the city selector isn't working then you can't pick a city to visit, so yes this would affect all logins. Unless of course you were already logged in to the game when the city selector went down - then you wouldn't even know it was down !

Polly

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Well if the city selector isn't working then you can't pick a city to visit, so yes this would affect all logins. Unless of course you were already logged in to the game when the city selector went down - then you wouldn't even know it was down !

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get in at all. It stops loading Select a Sim screen at 50% or when I try the updater it says all the servers are down, try again later.

I

imported_LFancey

Yes the city selector affects all logins.. it is the main access set of computers to all that is TSO/TC3

Lee

NO ETA

G

Thanks people - that all I wanted to know

Off to finish my badges on Pogo then hehe

G

I do not like free green either. I hope that is not what is being changed today.

G

I love free green days, and would really like to see it in all cities over the upcoming holidays. I'd give puppy dog eyes but eh it's not my style

And FYI for those who apparently don't know, same things drop during teaching and crafting during free green days as any other time.

C

Cruz Cavera

Lmao we can't get free green without messing something else up.

P

PB Three

Whoops! You're right! Blonde moment there, I guess. LOL

PB Three

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I am just hoping this means the removal of those abominable snowmen!

G

<font color="purple">So is it still down now .
never mind answered my own question it's still down . </font>

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

I do not like free green either. I hope that is not what is being changed today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it'll probably be on the 24th or 25th through the 1st. It was something like that last year.

P

PB Three

I think Stick from The Nova's would love that, she had to clean up a melting snowman at least 2-3 times once. I am hoping that they will remove that snow, I like it IRL, but it's been there for so long that my eyes are getting bored.

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

Off-topic:

Hey, Parizad: are you of Slavic or Russian decent? "Parav" Sounds like it to me.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Snow never melts till after the holidays.

The first green free holiday was introduced into the game on labor day 2003 for the intent and purpose of giving sims a labor free day. A day to take a break from skilling and making money and a day to just play. Since that time it has been used to abuse sims even more by skilling longer and making money even longer than normal. TC3 will not get green free holidays but we do have green free lots where we can take a break from all that labor intensive stuff anyday of the year now. It's called a residence lot.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

My game logs in to 50% and then reverts back to the login. Am I the only one?

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

TC3 dosn't get free green.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know...was talking about the old cities. I guess free green will become a thing of the past there and in the new sim world since permanent free green residential lots.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

We're still down Phoenix. They had to take the city selector offline and that means no login for anyone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My game logs in to 50% and then reverts back to the login. Am I the only one?

[/ QUOTE ]

No - read up - its cos the city selector is down:)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think Stick from The Nova's would love that, she had to clean up a melting snowman at least 2-3 times once. I am hoping that they will remove that snow, I like it IRL, but it's been there for so long that my eyes are getting bored.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

She was not the only one, PB
I had one of my sims run and clean up that mess at least 7 times oO It was removed, thank goodness...

Also hope this is not free green....at least not yet.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Thanx Lee
As I am unable to play TSO right now, I have to clean my fridge.
Who's paying you to get my home clean and ready for Christmas?

hate housework...hate housework...hate housework.....

G

Free green days are not the same thing as the "no needs" lots. Some may not like them, but many of us do. I enjoy them for various reasons and skilling wasn't ever one of the things I enjoyed doing with them. I know many do use them to catch up on locks, but so what? You can also work without needs dropping, you can go dancing, you can do a really long round of pizza, you can play with your pets and not worry about puddles and piles or needing to bath that dog every time you turn around. My list could go on and on because I actually love to play the game without the need to green so often. The no needs lots allow for very little to do, they should not be a replacement for what many of us have looked forward to for years.

I

imported_LFancey

We are still down....
Data Base Admins are rebooting our Oracle nodes.

No ETA..

Lee

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Free green days are not the same thing as the "no needs" lots. Some may not like them, but many of us do. I enjoy them for various reasons and skilling wasn't ever one of the things I enjoyed doing with them. I know many do use them to catch up on locks, but so what? You can also work without needs dropping, you can go dancing, you can do a really long round of pizza, you can play with your pets and not worry about puddles and piles or needing to bath that dog every time you turn around. My list could go on and on because I actually love to play the game without the need to green so often. The no needs lots allow for very little to do, they should not be a replacement for what many of us have looked forward to for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated before this was not the original intent of green free. I hope it never comes back.

P

PB Three

I hate housework, too. I think most people do, actually. No-one wants to clean up crud, but it's a fact of life. If one won't do it, that person has to hire a someone to do it for them.

P.S. @ Kathy: Not good. Where's a sim-maid when you need one?! Well, leave it to Stick if she's there, she's used to it. :p (Just kidding.)

EDIT: In response to Gracie: I wish that too. Free green gets real boring real quick.

PB Three

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I could be your surrogate puppy dog eyes.....lol

My production city sims really look forward to the 'regular old free green'. They get some much needed skill boosts so that they can party and let them decay until the next free green.

And this time around, we will definitely be working jobs ALOT!

....Sits and begs.....

BTW...The free green we are talking about isn't like the motive free lots your used to in TC3.

M

missspunk

The past couple days I have been having a hard time logging in....Last night I was able to.. Today I can't again. WHAT is going on....I am soooo close to cancelling my subscription. I freeze just after i do updates and while it is authenticating.....then i get the serve is down which is what i have been gettign the past 4 days.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

We're still down Phoenix. They had to take the city selector offline and that means no login for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, thank you.
I jumped on the brunt of this thread. I'm catching the opening of Sweeny Todd tonight (anyone else going?), so luckily I'll be out anyhow, because we all know I'd be going pretty crazy without my TSO fix.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

YAY
Cream Bear Suits for male Bears!!!!!

(,,,,,) Hugs Monkeybear (,,,,,)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok we are definitely eating up Community Pub time now! What's the deal? Did Parizad have to go christmas shopping and you are stalling till she gets back?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok we are definitely eating up Community Pub time now! What's the deal? Did Parizad have to go christmas shopping and you are stalling till she gets back?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I

imported_LFancey

missspunk,

We have the service off line right now. I will tell you when it is back here.

Lee

C

christineRyder

Cream Bear Suits for male bears? When did that happen? That is cool if it's true lol