• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client Debuff for feint no longer shows

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure this used to display, it now no longer displays when hit by feint.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I'm pretty sure this used to display, it now no longer displays when hit by feint.
Only the attacker gets a buff icon for this attack as the effect is present only on the user of the Feint special move. There is no debuff icon associated with Feint since the damage reduction is not limited to one opponent.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the attacker gets a buff icon for this attack as the effect is present only on the user of the Feint special move. There is no debuff icon associated with Feint since the damage reduction is not limited to one opponent.
The damage reduction is not limited to one opponent? So if you hit a monster/player with feint, then damage is halved for all targets hitting you?

Even if this is the case, (which i'll have to do some tests) the receiver of the feint hit should still receive a debuff to know when their own receipt of the feint attack timer comes to an end, as this is inconsistent with the way all other debuffs work. Many other debuffs can be utilised by more than one party.

I tell you the truth

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
The damage reduction is not limited to one opponent? So if you hit a monster/player with feint, then damage is halved for all targets hitting you?
After looking deeper into the code we confirmed that only the opponent that feint was used on will have their damage reduced. Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.

the receiver of the feint hit should still receive a debuff to know when their own receipt of the feint attack timer comes to an end
I have also submitted a problem report into the system on the missing debuff icon.