• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Debating whether or not to quit UO now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rofljuice

because you hate something that is being changed in the next publish

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That, and lack of regular improvements to UO.
You're kidding right? There has always been a lack of regular improvements to UO. But please don't tell me the fix to skill jewelry is your excuse, though.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're kidding right? There has always been a lack of regular improvements to UO. But please don't tell me the fix to skill jewelry is your excuse, though.
Hasn't ALWAYS been a lack of improvements. Recently it's just getting even more pathetic though. And sorry, but that is one reason :/

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hasn't ALWAYS been a lack of improvements. Recently it's just getting even more pathetic though. And sorry, but that is one reason :/
...you can still function with skill jewelry, just keep it on. Or add the real skill up. Changing templates is nothing terrible.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...you can still function with skill jewelry, just keep it on. Or add the real skill up. Changing templates is nothing terrible.
But taking 100 points out of my template or making my suit suck would make my char pretty useless compared to what it is now. I do have another template I can use instead of vamp form though, so eh.

U

UltimaSword

Please do not quit for that reason. it really should have never been like that anyway but eh lol

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not gonna decide yet, gonna start PvPing more. But last time I actively PvPed I stopped because of the amount of cheaters and such. If it's like that again I'm probably gone.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are going to let cheaters decide if you stay or not..... *waves*

P

pavel.vesely

Do you really used only that one character? That must have been boring. Changes are sign of life.

T

T_Amon_from_work

If yer that darn good in thieving, you should already have snagged it! :D

Ender ... I know I'm gonna regret this but a word of advice I and others got during some of our flailing "adapt or leave". It sounds cruel but if you think that some change cannot be adapted to, then you'll prolly leave. The game would lose one more caring person and bring it that much closer to termination. But it is your choice ... do what ya gotta.

5% Luck

I agree this is a "near" make or break game desion. Its not so much the vamp form or fiting it on a template that or this way. Its a march AWAY from the sandbox that I dont like. As soon as my 845 skill point bard is obsolete I will never come back.

If your looking for sandbox try darkfall Beta Oct 08

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree this is a "near" make or break game desion. Its not so much the vamp form or fiting it on a template that or this way. Its a march AWAY from the sandbox that I dont like. As soon as my 845 skill point bard is obsolete I will never come back.

If your looking for sandbox try darkfall Beta Oct 08
Yeah, that's what I love(d...) about UO, the freedom to do what you wanted template wise. And yeah, I am planning to play Darkfall when it's finally out.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

I stopped because of the amount of cheaters and such.
So let me get this right. You don't like cheaters but yet you use the jewlery trick to get your skills beyond what the base is just for one spell to keep yourself alive longer {DOESN"T THAT MAKE YOU A CHEATER ALSO?}.. it's ok for you to cheat but not others? I don't get it? :coco:

If that is the way you think then maybe you should just go ahead and call it quits because there is enough people like you in uo, everyone will survive with another leaving Lol!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wouldn't call it "cheating", however the process was "not working as intended".

Basically it's no more cheating than the myriad of other combat based imbalances the game has had over the years... just something that needed to be fixed.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...the freedom to do what you wanted template wise. ....
So you mean they made a WHOLE 99 points of necromancy required for dexers who want to solo peerless with ease so you are going to quit.

Well, I am not as softcore as you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My thought is if you have to come here and tell us your thinking of quitting then you really don't want to quit and you really just want an excuse to stay.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A written list? Possibly depending on how meticulous notetakers they may be. If not actually written, then by ideal as a situation comes up.

It's not that difficult.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except that the jewelry trick wasn't cheating. Good try though.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone wanna guess why?
i can't guess why unless you are opposed to change and won't even attempt to pvp, if thats the case then why even play uo to begin with if u would never try to pvp, it exists for a reason and is more fun than anything else the game has to offer

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that the jewelry trick wasn't cheating. Good try though.
Yeah, it wasn't cheating. But if you remove the jewel then you shouldn't be in the form as your true skill is no longer sufficient. Just find a way to keep the jewels equipped and don't cross server line. And if you do just recast it. It seriously isn't that complicated.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Are you that blue Ender who was running around in the tail of reds on Atlantic back in 1997?

If a fix like this make you quit, then bye.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+ skill on jewel is just for the people to lazy to work on skills past 80 because it's harder and slower gaining skills at that level. If all those lazy people leave the game that's fine with me. If you can't work with 700-720(depending on account age) skill then your just sad.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+ skill on jewel is just for the people to lazy to work on skills past 80 because it's harder and slower gaining skills at that level. If all those lazy people leave the game that's fine with me. If you can't work with 700-720(depending on account age) skill then your just sad.
I have the same feelings.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Anyone wanna guess why?
I dont care why.I would assume because you can`t continue using an exploit that got FIXED.

So on that note,yes quit,move along and no,I don`t want your stuff.Throw it in the delete box near WBB on your way out.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont care why.I would assume because you can`t continue using an exploit that got FIXED.

So on that note,yes quit,move along and no,I don`t want your stuff.Throw it in the delete box near WBB on your way out.
Sorry, there is no way it was an exploit by Origanal Design. Lets see its been in the game for over 5 years now. Exploits are normally fixed in 6 months to a year after an expansion is released. GM have never banned or suspended anyone for using Vampire From via skill jewelry.

Problem is Game Design itself has changed. It was never an exploit, nor was anyone that used it a Cheater. The game is changing, so the rules are changing to.

Question: How long till we see people crying that Wammy`s need to be nerfed?

C

Connor_Graham

Question: How long till we see people crying that Wammy`s need to be nerfed?
My guess is as soon as the Tamer's see the wammy's in their hunting spots instead of the sampires.

So, give it a week or two. Maybe less.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny thing is I GUESSED that hes probably a loser who cant stand a BUG fix. No matter how you want to disguise it, it is a design flaw that shouldve been fixed YEARS ago.

He reminds me of people quitting over losing their 5/6 magery casting, WoD AI instant kill fix, unbreakable nerve strike crap, and so on. What's the common things about all these bug fixes? Yea everyone who chose to abuse (or you might say they are creative ways of using ingame design) said "It was not an exploit!!11 it's intended game design!111 or I am better because I am smart enough to..."

Just about anything happen in UO today that requires people to put in more skill to compete gets flamed by the players who are already used to carebear easy mode. Hey maybe tamers will take a nerf sometime in the near future just like what they did to peacemaking (unbreakable peacing). In fact tamers are nerfed a bit when they raised taming/control requirement.

If there were so many items that gives +taming/lore and you can use them to tame yourself a super pet and even if you take the items off you will retain FULL control over your super pets even if you only had 40 taming/lore to start with you BET UR AZZ that people would use it JUST LIKE all the sampires. You would get Tamxers/Tamages/Tarchers/Tamcromancers or even a freaking TamSampires.

I can tell you that I already changed my sampire template and put GM necromancy onto my template, I do lose some healing but I am still able to solo the peerless that I was able to solo when I was on the healing sampire template. I abused the bug because everyone was doing it. And I had easier time soloing bosses than my legendary (120 w/jewlery) tamer (Sampires do it EASIER AND FASTER if you really know how to play one). Also I couldnt solo some of the peerless bosses with my super dragon but I have soloed ALL the peerless bosses on my sampire with a suit setup that cost me total of under 7mill with a soulseeker and some other OK weapons depending on boss.

Another thing it took me around 3days to train all my sampire skills to the cap while it's been 3 years and I still dont have my 120 taming skill.

Anyways, just like you my most effective PvM character(NOT a tamer) is about to get a nerf and I adapted early and I dont quit over a reasonable FIX. Sigh people are just too used to easy mode. And to the sampires who claim "Sampires takes a HUGE amount of skill to play..." PLEASE you can lie to others but you cant lie to another sampire player. YOU KNOW BETTER. Sorry I had to let the secrets out.

Personally comparing to tamers, sampires only takes a bit more gear to get it to work and a few extra bottoms to push. It's easier to play a sampire than a 4/6 PvP Chiv archer and I wont even mention PvP mages.

So yea if you are quitting over a bug fix, best wishes and hope you find another cookie cutter class when winterfall comes out. Farewell. :loser:

V

Vyrquenox

I stopped because of the amount of cheaters and such.
So let me get this right. You don't like cheaters but yet you use the jewlery trick to get your skills beyond what the base is just for one spell to keep yourself alive longer {DOESN"T THAT MAKE YOU A CHEATER ALSO?}.. it's ok for you to cheat but not others? I don't get it? :coco:

If that is the way you think then maybe you should just go ahead and call it quits because there is enough people like you in uo, everyone will survive with another leaving Lol!
Really all idiocy aside, isn't it a bit pathetic to say these things? Scenario: Waldorf the Twit picks up the ring of super ultimatedness and casts the spell of redemption, wiping away the darkness. He puts it back down and the darkness swoops back in.

Really, why should you be required to keep the skill to cast a spell that you already cast and doesn't need to be cast again? Are you casting it again? No. It has been cast, so who cares if you are no longer capable of what you already did. It has been done, it is over. This skill jewelry nonsense is complaining about time travel or something. If I build a tower with my own two hands and then get one chopped off, does that tower crumble? Idiocy. If the spell required constant skill to maintain, then it would have caused a mana drain of some type. Your 'cheating' complaints were nonsense, are nonsense, and will have been nonsense till the end of time, regardless of dipwads giving in to it. Lol!

V

Vyrquenox

Anyone wanna guess why?

And we are supposed to listen to someone whose sig claims he is a 'corrupting influence on those around him'?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`d still say its not an exploit. Thats why no one has ever been BANNED or SUSPENDED over it. Devs, just decide to change game mechanics again. You could even say they caved into Peer Pressure.

Now if this is truely an exploit that has been going on for over 5 years. Any Dev thats been there for a year or more needs to be shown the way out.

C

Connor_Graham

Vamp form was not cheating. No rules were broken.

Even the devs said this with no mention of cheating or exploiting:

"Skill Jewelry and Form-Changing Spells in Publish 56
I didn't have a version of the question handy, but this has come up a number of times. Currently, if you use skill jewelry to increase your skill, cast a form-changing spell (such as Necromancy's Vampiric Embrace) then remove the skill jewelry, you remain in that form.

This will be changing in Publish 56. What will happen is if you lower your skill past the threshhold to be able to cast that particular form-changing spell, (whether by removing items, using a soulstone, or even using the Test Center set skill command) you will revert to your normal form. This will affect not only the various forms available with Necromancy but Magery (Polymorph,) Ninjitsu (Animal Form,) and Spellweaving (Reaper Form.)"
Calling Vamp form dexxers cheaters and exploiters was how the few proponents against it got attention drawn to it. Nothing more.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

And we are supposed to listen to someone whose sig claims he is a 'corrupting influence on those around him'?
Glad I don`t use my sig for YOUR veiwing pleasure,BTW I care not if you listen to me or not kktksbye.

Buh Bye Sampire wannabee`s.Now you actually hafta BE one to be one.:lick:

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vamp form was not cheating. No rules were broken.

Even the devs said this with no mention of cheating or exploiting:

Calling Vamp form dexxers cheaters and exploiters was how the few proponents against it got attention drawn to it. Nothing more.
They also dont mention people who stone scribe to their other characters to cast reactive armor and magic reflect to gain +5 in all the elemental resists and pull scribe off their characters while the buffs remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.