• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Death Strike formula - Still trying to figure it out

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I will admit I am not a very good mathematician. I was hoping someone here can break the formula down so I can calculate some figures. Evidently what I been doing is wrong. Here is the formula
1) If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/9)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage
2) If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage

TRACKING: If you sucessfully track a target before you deathstrike, the next deathstrike attack will do additional damage as follows. Adds up to 10 damage based on the distance between where the target was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you deathstrike them. In addition you will do tracking /10 (rounded down bonus damage)
[Tracking bonus is now capped at 10 + 1/10 skill ]

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Hi, I will admit I am not a very good mathematician. I was hoping someone here can break the formula down so I can calculate some figures. Evidently what I been doing is wrong. Here is the formula
1) If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/9)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage
2) If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage

TRACKING: If you sucessfully track a target before you deathstrike, the next deathstrike attack will do additional damage as follows. Adds up to 10 damage based on the distance between where the target was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you deathstrike them. In addition you will do tracking /10 (rounded down bonus damage)
[Tracking bonus is now capped at 10 + 1/10 skill ]

if i understand your question rigth... i try to answer.

you need at least 4 skills to gain the optimum out of the skill "Death Strike".

choosen skillpoints are fictive, just to insert values.

tracking 90
ninja 120
stealth 120
hidding 100
+++++++++++++++++

at first we take a look on the damagebonus you gain from tracking.

Tracking bonus is now capped at 10 + 1/10 skill this means you can get a maximum BONUS-damage of 11 damage. 10 + 100 tracking divided by 10, so its 11.

when you have only 75 tracking you stay at 10 bonusdamage, because 10.75 damage is rounded down to 10.

so tracking work the same way as inscribtion, only at GM you get some benefits.

10 damage is the maximum bonusdamage when you had have tracked the victim from a long distance stealth to him and use death strike.

lower distances means you dont get 10 bonus damage, only 1 if you track im in close combat range.

in the following examples i choose a very long tracking distance, because i love high damage numbers :gun:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/9)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] = DIRECT damage

INSERT VALUES from above:

If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (120/9)*(.3+.7*(100+120)/220) + [11] = DIRECT damage.

now it becomes interristing.

dot before stripe, and inside round brackets before other round brackets.

120/9 = 13.333 ,
100+120 = 220 ,
0.7*220 = 154 ,
154/220 = 0.7 ,
0.3+0.7 = 1 ,
13.333*1 = 13.333 ,

13.333+11 = 24.333 rounded down to 24 Damage.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage

If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (120/3)*(.3+.7*(100+120)/220) + [11] = DIRECT damage

120/3 = 40 ,
100+120 = 220 ,
0.7*220 = 154 ,
154/220 = 0.7 ,
0.3+0.7 = 1 ,
40*1 = 40 ,

40+11 = 51 Damage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

this is very easy, because i choosed the max skills for hidding and stealth,

and 120+100 is 220, 220 divided by 220 is 1.

0.3 adding 0.7 is 1 too.....

so the only difference is, if the victim moves 5 steps in 5 seconds or it didnt.

if he moves, you do nearly double damage as when it stands still.

at least i have to say that I am not a very good mathematician too ! :gee:

but i like the challenge, i hope i did everything correct, because my last schoolday was 15 years ago.