• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear EM Tashik, a friendly suggestion.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently in game with the back to brit promotion. I attended your net toss event this past weekend.

I was unable to get loot rights on the special monsters you spawned through out the whole event. Even despite having started attacking your bubble gum kraken from the moment it spawned till the moment it died. I admit, i only attacked your special mobs, and spent the rest of the time healing. I did not really want the items as i don't forsee myself actually paying to play any time soon, and should i have looted any event items i would have given the item to someone else i saw healing and ressing players.

I'm not mad. I'm dissapointed. Some people that attend events just don't have the power to their templates to compete with the massive numbers that show up to events. there's no way currently that i saw from this one event to compete with the mass amount of players, or for the several people i saw hanging back and simply healing and ressing players to have a chance at your event items.

My suggestion is this:

Instead of only using one the one mechanic you did (loot off spawned monsters) perhaps another mechanic is in order. Perhaps some type of game or a trivia question? Really anything that doesn't rely on the power of your template. You could reserve even just one of your event items for the event for this means. This gives everyone, in my eyes, the same chances as anyone else.

I saw you mention there are events that don't rely on killing monsters to get event items. adding this additional mechanic that I've suggested wouldn't be needed for these events.

My take on it is if i don't feel i have as much chance as the guy sitting next to me to get the pretties, I'm probally not having any fun there.

At the very least, when you have people upset because they feel they have no chance at an item, you can say "at the end of the event we will be having (insert trivia or other non-combat mechanic) where you will be able to win an event item as well" and calm the masses.

I hope my friendly suggestion is thought over and seriously considered.

At this point i would like to ask people adding to this thread to keep it on topic. I don't want to see anyone bashing other play styles, or EM Tashik.

Thanks for reading :)

V

Vyal

Yes and please give me 20 crimmys I need them, I really do.
I honestly think if EM tashik is on screen it should just rain crimsons thats what the game is all about anyways free rides and hand outs right? :eyes::eyes:

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what item was given?
they gave out a lantern commemerating (sp?) those who have passed on.

Vyal. im not asking for more event items, simply that a small portion of them be given out in a diff manner when an event like the one i attended is held. had you of read my post, you would know that.

V

Vyal

ahh ok since it was a net toss I don't see how trivia comes into play is all. Maybe if it was a trivia event but....

N

NewThunder

they gave out a lantern commemerating (sp?) those who have passed on.

Vyal. im not asking for more event items, simply that a small portion of them be given out in a diff manner when an event like the one i attended is held. had you of read my post, you would know that.
Does anyone a pic of these Lanterns?

I was also under the impression that EMs are no longer allowed to give out rewards directly to players they had to be looted, this prevents any favoritism from EMs.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, the net toss used to be about giving fishermen who couldn't take down a leviathan solo a chance to cache in their nets for that 25% "tosser's chance" of an artifact.

I'm just not wild about pitting myself in competition against my fellow players ... I like going to hang out with my fellow players, but if I start getting caught up in the rares chase, I find it just spoils the party atmosphere.

K

kryptman

I was also under the impression that EMs are no longer allowed to give out rewards directly to players they had to be looted, this prevents any favoritism from EMs.
You are correct there, these items were looted not given out. Spelosity and Miala were 2 of the ones I remember getting the lanterns, so I am sure someone will post a pic soon.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They were loot. Dont have a pic, it's the normal lantern graphic but hued white, and labelled "In commemoration of those who have passed on", iirc. Not ingame, so cant read it for the correct wording.

If you want to see one in person, and know where DevilsOwn's castle is, she has one locked down on the bottom floor of her place...*grins*

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

if they aren't allowed to hand items to players that throws my idea out the window lol.

i just wish there was a way to give everyone an equal chance at the goodies.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were loot. Dont have a pic, it's the normal lantern graphic but hued white, and labelled "In commemoration of those who have passed on", iirc. Not ingame, so cant read it for the correct wording.

If you want to see one in person, and know where DevilsOwn's castle is, she has one locked down on the bottom floor of her place...*grins*

Not many know, but I've been away from home for a few days.... haven't yet logged in, thought I would check the boards first

holy cow........

N

Natalie Black

Actually he has done some other things. Such as Easter when he came to Yew gate and asked for the leaders of a faction. One came forward and was given a special egg. He then sent everyone out to bring a cabbage and the first one back was given an egg. Other times he has just walked up to people at the bank and at a few events and handed out items. So maybe not this event, but others have had different methods other than looting. These EMs are doing a far better job than any we have had before in my opinion.