• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DCI questions

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the cap for DCI use to be 45. I've been reading on reinforcing armor. It says through reinforcing you can up your DCI to 70 while lowering your resist cap. Is DCI still capped at 45? If so what's the point to reinforcing DCI? And if 70 is the new cap how is 70 DCI vs 45 DCI? Sorry, for so many questions.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The DCI cap is still 45.

You can now "refine" armour to either:

1) raise DCI and lower resist caps

OR

2) lower DCI and raise the resist caps

For example you could have resists as: 75,75,75,75,75 and have 20 DCI.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The DCI cap is still 45.

You can now "refine" armour to either:

1) raise DCI and lower resist caps

OR

2) lower DCI and raise the resist caps

For example you could have resists as: 75,75,75,75,75 and have 20 DCI.
Thanks for the answer. No point in raising DCI then. All though 75 resist plus Stone Form could be interesting. To bad one would have to give up armored Swamp Dragon to do that.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you lower resists by 25 you can bring the dci cap to 70. for pvm i prefer more resist over dci because:
- resists work against spells dci not
- resists give yousteady and calculatable dmg reduction while dci is rndm based avoidance
- imbuing 70 dci is a pain

For pvp i dont know whats better, i think i heard people say the more dci the better

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the answer. No point in raising DCI then. All though 75 resist plus Stone Form could be interesting. To bad one would have to give up armored Swamp Dragon to do that.
Armored swampy > all imo

Though i think stone form leads to the same incoming dmg.
100 dmg with 75 resist = 25 dmg, 20% swampy = 20 dmg
100 dmg with 80 resist (stone form) = 20 dmg

But stone form give some other penaltys

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
When in stone form, you do not get the benefit of the refined armor, so you can't get to all 85s in resists. Given the other limitations of stone form, I'm not sure this would really be over powered... but that's why you don't see anyone running stoneform anymore (or at least very rarely anyway).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stone form is good because you get resistance to poison and courses. But you it's difficult to use this advantage because you have no room for Healing.
I haven't notices any bonus to damage while -10 SSI is essential.
You don't get any bonus to resists caps if have equipped any reinforced item.
But the main disadvantage of Stone Form is slow movement speed.