• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DCI/Lower Def Questions & Info [Mostly PvP based]

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was curious of a few things && maybe someone can clear them up for me? (and many others who dont know; yell about it; or simply dont care to bother to ask.)

#1. Is there a "CAP" on dci? I know the HARD cap is 45%; but can you OVERMAX it to over compensate? If so what is it? What happens if you go too far? (*** Will explain a few questions down. ***)

#2. How much does lower defense your "dci"? Can you go into negatives? Can this be "negated"?

#3. Does anyone know the FORMULA for DCI vs HCI after added into the Wep vs Wep Formula?

#4. I know the caps on weapon Lower Defense is 50; and the Glasses being 30; and the formula they have worked out makes it work together to equal 65% lower defense. My question is does it "really" do that; or is the coding wrong? Like if you have a weapon with no Lower Defense; does it have the standard 30% with the glasses; or the 15% with the formula?

My knowledge of UO may be wrong but this is what I have read/been told the most:

(REMEMBER NONE OF THIS IS 100% CORRECT; JUST MY UO KNOWLEDGE AND WISH FOR OTHERS TO POST ALSO)

1. DCI is hard capped at 45%. MAX is 70%. Over shooting this only OVERCAPS and puts you into negative.

**Explaination** I sort of believe the over cap because I was dueling a buddy before and was 78% dci & he disarmed & lower defensed me and hit me LESS with no wep & lower dci :/

2. Lower defense drops your DCI 25%. Meaning if you are 50 dci; it drops it to 25. If you are 45% it drops you to 20. If you have 15 it drops you to -10.

3. DCI can INDEED go into the negatives if you dont have any.

I thought I remembered somewhere reading if you have
120 skill & NO DCI VS 120 skill & 45 HCI;
They had a 72.5% chance of hitting you.

4. Hard caps on weapon Lower Defense is 50; and the Glasses being 30; and the formula they have worked out makes it work together to equal 65% lower defense. (Repeated; I know.)

Whether this is correct and/or how this formula works; I dont know.
Maybe shine some light here?

This is not made to RANT or EVERYONE COMPLAIN. It is simply for us to share our knowledge so some of us can understand how LOWER DEFENSE & DCI work. Maybe even get a Dev or whomever to read it && FoF it for us pvpers.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot of this is covered in the Warrior Forum, but I'll repeat the info here.

1. If you have DCI 70%, it will drop to DCI 45% when under HLD.

2. I'm not sure on this one, but it's been answered somewhere in the Warrior Forum. I believe DCI does go negative if you have less than 25 and you are hit by HLD.

3. Chance to Hit Formula (Straight from Stratics Combat page):
Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by
( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100
Minimum hit Chance% is 2% at all times.

4. Yes. It really does that.

S

Sir Kenga

What's wrong whith lower defence on glasses? Why it doesn't simply sum?
How much lower defence i will ge if i have glasses and weapon with 30 HLD?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The glasses and the weapon calculate the chance of defense seperately. So with a HLD 50 weapon, you have 30% chance of applying the lower defense, then from the remaining 70%, you have a 50% chance (thus 30+35=65% total chance)
The same would apply for a HLD 30 weapon, 30% from the glasses then 21% (30% of 70) from your weapon for a total of 51%.

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1. Is there a "CAP" on dci? I know the HARD cap is 45%; but can you OVERMAX it to over compensate? If so what is it? What happens if you go too far? (*** Will explain a few questions down. ***)
as far i know HCI work in the same way of DCI, so 45 HCI is the HARD CAP but if someone hit you with a HLA weapon and u grab a zyronic claw (30hci) u still capped, u can use also lighting strike (bushido spell) to gain +5%hci (so 45+5=50) not sure about divine fury (chiv spell) i think u can't go over the cap casting it and u have also a DCI penalty.

#2. How much does lower defense your "dci"? Can you go into negatives? Can this be "negated"?
no anymods can be negative, even if u weare a sc -1 weapon with 0fc you have 0fc.

#3. Does anyone know the FORMULA for DCI vs HCI after added into the Wep vs Wep Formula?
what u mean with Wep vs Wep, there is no difference between weaps the mods make the difference and they work in the same way for all the weapons.

and don't forget these formulas are nested.

#4. I know the caps on weapon Lower Defense is 50; and the Glasses being 30; and the formula they have worked out makes it work together to equal 65% lower defense. My question is does it "really" do that; or is the coding wrong? Like if you have a weapon with no Lower Defense; does it have the standard 30% with the glasses; or the 15% with the formula?
i never read about the 65% HLD cap... i dunno.

my 2c. and i can be wrong.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
INFO...

How Combat works.. and yes the part about hitting / being hit is correct. Swing speed not soo much.

UO COMBAT

May 18, 2007 FoF

"One last question on Hit Lower Defense and Attack. How long do these effects last?"
Wilki got me these:

Hit Lower Attack’s duration is 10 seconds
Hit Lower Defense’s duration is 8 seconds
SOURCE

"The maximum attainable HLD% is 80%. Do the effects stop before 80%, or is there currently no hardcap on HLD%?"
There is no cap for Hit Lower Defense or Hit Lower Attack.

Remember, the percentage on these abilities is the chance that the effect will fire each hit. So if you have two items, one with a 30% chance and one with a 50% chance, then that’s a 65% chance that the effect will fire on any given hit. (The percentages are multiplied, rather than added.) The actual lower attack/defense percentage is ALWAYS -25%.
SOURCE

"Do multiple successful hits with Hit Lower Attack or Hit Lower Defense stack? (Can I effectively reduce their defense / attack chance to 0?)
No, the effect does not stack (it will reset the duration, though.)

If two people with Hit Lower Defense / Attack strike simultaneously, is the effect stacked?
No, the effect does not stack.

Do other attackers get the same benefit from hit lower defense?"
Yes, the effect is global, not specific to that particular attacker.
SOURCE

R

Radun

Alot of this is covered in the Warrior Forum, but I'll repeat the info here.

1. If you have DCI 70%, it will drop to DCI 45% when under HLD.

2. I'm not sure on this one, but it's been answered somewhere in the Warrior Forum. I believe DCI does go negative if you have less than 25 and you are hit by HLD.

3. Chance to Hit Formula (Straight from Stratics Combat page):
Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by
( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100
Minimum hit Chance% is 2% at all times.

4. Yes. It really does that.
:ten:

39%
30% (from weapon) multiplied by 30% (from glasses) = 9%
9% + 30% = 39%

If you have a weapon with no HLD, and you're wearing HLD glasses, you will get the same effect as if you had 30%HLD on your weapon, wearing no HLD glasses.... 30% HLD

Now for my question.... Is 45 the cap on HCI/DCI for PvM too? or PvP only?

R

Radun

u can use also lighting strike (bushido spell) to gain +5%hci (so 45+5=50)
Lightning strike adds 50%HCI, not 5%... 45+50=95
You can so go into negative DCI/HCI... You get hit with HLA with 0 hci, you will be -25hci... If you fire lightning strike while in the effect of -25hci, you will have total 25hci.
If you have 15hci, get hit with HLA, you will be at -10hci... if you fire lightning strike, you will have the total of 40%hci for that one hit.