• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Davies lockers

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I sort my own sos's in each of my lockers to the different cords, nw, ne, sw, se. It just takes a bit of time. Then when I pull them out I take out with 2 numbers (15s) and 2 numbers (42s) so on and so forth. Then Im doing one area at a time, or part of one area.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I sort my own sos's in each of my lockers to the different cords, nw, ne, sw, se. It just takes a bit of time. Then when I pull them out I take out with 2 numbers (15s) and 2 numbers (42s) so on and so forth. Then Im doing one area at a time, or part of one area.
I used to do that, but now I just pull out 50, decode them and have runes marked to every major area of the facet. Still... sorting would be really nice. and being able to drop them on the locker instead of having to 'add map'.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't sort them I use the EC which nicely plots out all the SoS's for me... and then I just set sail and go...

As for T-Maps... I try to do all the 1-3 maps as soon as possible to keep inventory down.... then I work up from there... if you have too many you need to start doing them not storing more of them.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't sort them I use the EC which nicely plots out all the SoS's for me... and then I just set sail and go...

As for T-Maps... I try to do all the 1-3 maps as soon as possible to keep inventory down.... then I work up from there... if you have too many you need to start doing them not storing more of them.
well ****. I guess I should just ask you how I should play from now on and it would save me a bunch of time since I've apparently been doing it wrong this whole time.

if you're doing lvl 1-3 maps maybe YOU'RE the one dong it wrong. just saying.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Hehe dumped about 100 level 1-3 maps at luna bank last night. I do mostly mibs so maybe I'll use the EC while fishing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hehe dumped about 100 level 1-3 maps at luna bank last night. I do mostly mibs so maybe I'll use the EC while fishing.
When you open an MIB in the EC it puts a nice red dot on the map for you... no programming them into the map program... it's done automatically...

And Yes... I do level 1-3 maps all the time... yes they are easy and yes they are boring and normally there is nothing much in them... I gather gems, recipes, any blues, pinks or whatever might be in them... the beauty of them is that for every level 5 or 6 or 7 I could do I can do 5 or 10 of the little ones and get about the same junk... they are faster... easy in easy out in Fel that means everything. I don't want to be caught out wandering about with a bunch of goodies on me... so the faster I can move on the better. Especially when doing them on Siege. Besides on occasion you find a real gem like a 1FC ring or Bracelet.

And they are worth points for spring clean too... I just like to grab the gold, gems and such before I dump them in the trash... besides I usually have more than plenty of the skeleton keys to use up...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's a spreadsheet on Google, linked to down in the Treasure Hunter & Fishing forum, that allows you to manually enter all the coordinates for your T-maps and SOS in it (different tabs set up for each), and it will generate the code for UOAM/UOCartographer, that you can then paste into a .map file for those programs.

Then, running UOAM or UOC, you can see all the entered locations and make your way between them. Just delete each marker as you complete the map/SOS, and when the .map file is out of locations, go back to your Davies locker, get the info for the next set, and set yourself up again.

I've used this to do as many as 50 SOS in a day, or a couple dozen T-maps (since the maps take longer to find and empty, and are opposed)