• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Darn you Dor!

• Thread starter Ningauble of III
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Ningauble of III

Closing that Thraximus thread before my heavily adult-beveraged self could reply to it! You know thats when I tend to offend the most

Sorry to hear about your boy's loss Ghost, I'd be happy to help replace anything he lost to that bozo. I got kids too man, and that is just wrong.

L

LoveSpirit

I also would be very happy to help your son Ghost. I and and few other players have begun again with warning books giving suggestions to the new and the young players to try and stop them from making the mistakes that allow treacherous and dishonorable players from hurting them. It is a hard job, but so many return to thank us because they avoided being hurt because of the warnings. Is the player Leurnid Hand the same person who moderates this board? If so, I was wondering why he took the warning books that were placed in Haven (7 or 8 of them).

G

It was I, but I do not moderate this board. Make no mistake of that.

As to why... I have espoused my opinion on this several times before.

And I will leave it at that.

W

Wendy Risk

I also take your books putting names in a book is nothing more than herrassment.
Not to mention how famous your making him as * the bad guy *
Sorry about ya son ghost. At 10 yrs old would ya leave him alone in a mall?
Tisk Tisk Internet is far worse to be left alone. Is a age advisery for playing this game. Lucky it was in a game and not rl someone luring son off with promises of candy. Lesson learned. I have a 10 yr old wouldnt dare let her play any online games without supervision at ALL times. I am not defending Thrax he can himself, Oh wait he can't he is ban for these forums. I suggest to those with problems with him take care of it in game. Without evil is no good.
Keep in mind no one ask for ID in fel before they pkay me

I could be a child myself. I am sure this will not set well with anyone but is my personal oppion and anyone who knows me knows I speak my mind even if it isnt popular demand.

R

Rapier

I'm not so sure that naming someone as a danger to new people, when they are, is harrassment. Even when they aren't, best that you could pull would probably be defamation of character. Frankly, I've spoken with Thrax about this subject awhile back and he is not at all remorseful about it. However, as much as I hate to admit it, I got the impression that its just his form of RP'ing being a bad guy. Its a role he's always played and was once able to play it with an empire and kept his "activities" against other empires. UO kinda destroyed that type of RP and left him alone with no armies. Left like that, his only recourse is to quit UO or to adapt. So he preys on new and weak as a form of RP, and I do hate to admit it, but its a completely believeable role. So he kills me when he gets a chance too, but at least I understand. Most people he kills do not understand, and frankly, res-killing til a kid runs out of insurance is pathetic.
Also keep in mind, yes, you should, you MUST expect to get PK'd if you go to Fel. Keep in mind Thrax is doing this in Trammel rule areas.
I'd hate to see RP'ing set back yet again for the few who still do it (Thrax included). Maybe part of the answer would be no insurance gain or loss if guild member kills guild member.

G

<blockquote><hr>

...I'd hate to see RP'ing set back yet again for the few who still do it (Thrax included). Maybe part of the answer would be no insurance gain or loss if guild member kills guild member.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea.

For the record, I don't condone guild PKing. There are also other guilds doing it just as often. I don't see books naming them at Luna and Haven.

The truth is that Love Spirit and her cronies are still nursing vengful feelings toward the offending party because he took a few of them for a ride and scammed them out of some expensive loot. The feigned altruism of their campaign of character assassination cannot obliterate that underlying fact.

People drawn into it after its inception may believe the mission statement, but its a campaign founded on anger and vengance. Not love and compassion.

Beyond that, Wendy and Rapier have nailed the remainder of my thoughts on the subject fairly well.

L

LoveSpirit

Just a quick note to set the record straight....I was never scammed out of anything in UO by Thraximus or anyone. I have maintained my personal game security and try to teach the new players to do the same. I have no vengence toward anyone in UO. I guess you could look at it as *roleplaying* on the side of *good* if that makes you more comfy
My Rainbow Inn has been vandalized the past...I had no vengence about that either. I adapted by creating Rainbow Complex (which includes a library for new players and 3 other bldgs). The truth of it is I enjoy teaching and sharing. This is *fun* for me. My intention has never been to harrass...only to warn....when the warnings were not needed because the treachery seems to stop at times...the warnings also stopped. At this time, others are writing their own warning books (one VERY good one by Sawyer that includes excellent game security advice) and someone has been copying my books and placing them about Sonoma. I appreciate the help and would like to thank whomever is doing this

L

Lady Vixen

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe part of the answer would be no insurance gain or loss if guild member kills guild member.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a very good idea!

S

Shawnsa

For whatever reasons, the person in question LIKES the negative attention he gets. He is playing a role in this game that he likes to play.

Do I like the role he plays? No. But I recognise his right to play it.

And all the books you drop just adds fuel to the fire. I know what I am talking about. My toons have been on his mess with list from the day Shawnsa joined PAS. And Almond Joy was called ever so many bad things in his forums and in the streets of Brit.

The more people hate him and talk against him the worse he becomes.

Ignore him when you can, he hates that. Help those he hurts. Warn your own friends privately..... that is my best advice.

L

Lady Vixen

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry to hear about your boy's loss Ghost, I'd be happy to help replace anything he lost to that bozo. I got kids too man, and that is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still have a few L6 maps that we can run out and do for the arty, gladly donate them to your son Ghost. My daughter is yet to young to play the game alone, I can only hope that she does not have such experence as your son did.

G

He pulled the same scam on my 12 year old, right in Haven no less. On the one hand it is a good lesson learned for my son. It isn't like my son was not warned, but how many kids listen to Dad? On the other hand, I'm his Dad and eventually vengence will be mine.
Since Thrax is banned here, I have chatted with him at another site. Yeah, I'm convinced he is roleplaying a psychopath with delusions of grandeur. Still, I'll role play the guy just waiting for the chance. I'm a patient man. My chance will come. So far, out of respect for Dor and the YMCA I have restrained myself there. So far. My patience with his abuse of that environment wears thin. In or out of game I have no respect for people that pick on the weak (and there are many here beyond Thrax). I would have no self-respect if I just ignored it.

L

LoveSpirit

I definately am one that believes in choice and respect the right of anyone to play the game within the terms of service. I basically *work* alone in the game and do not have any "cronies. Even my guild (SAL) Sonoma Angels of Light is made up of my characters only. Others have choosen, at times, to support the work I do in game and by the same token I have supported individuals and guilds that I respect. My vision is a network of good and light on the shard...a network of sharing and co operation. I do not know the person (Leurnid Hand) who judges my motives, nor do I understand what would be motivating such a judgement. At any rate, I hope I have cleared up some misconceptions.

O

OMG Too Funny

You are such a hypocrite, LoveSpirit. You yourself in an above post claim Thrax hasn't scammed/stolen anything from you, yet you leave little nonsense books about him all over the lands. Yes, I would consider that harrassment. As for your game style and my opinion... SHAME ON YOU! I'd hate you if when I first started playing years ago you handed me a book on who's good/bad (LOL). I think in all honesty, part of the game is finding out for yourself these details. Some of the most fun I've experienced in game is learning on my own without being told how to do it, where to find it, how it works. No wonder Sonoma has more crafters than PVP/PVM'ers. Your technique scares new young players to venture on their own =[. Tear my post to shreds... but it's all true. What Thrax does, or people worse than him do is legal in game. Who made you GOD of the game to judge them ? <font color="black"> </font>

C

Calell

Interestingly enough, this goes along with my response to someone who posted a poll in Uhall or something somewhere wanting UO to moderate and auto-set our filters when we log on...like a parent lock on a tv...I am wholeheartedly anti-anything like that, and I completely agree with your aspect of monitoring your children while they play any online game or activity, and if something negative happens turning it into a learning experience or a fantasy situation that can be used to show real world applications. I wholeheartedly voted no for her poll. *shrugs* And before anyone says anything, yes, I AM a parent...my children are too young to play, much less play alone ( tho my 5 year old is getting a good understanding of the game so far lol), but when the time comes that she wants to, I'll be sitting right there with her, or have a nice pc-anywhere feature so I can monitor anything she does online, and giver her that pseudo-privacy feeling as well.

J

Jack Tallow

First and foremost, I've known Thrax for 6 or 7 years now, and have fought wars with and against him, from an RP standpoint. Does that bias me? No, I am neutral in my feelings towards him. Does it give me an informed opinion? Aye, I believe it qualifies me.

Thraximus is an rp personality, not so strongly anymore, but few of us are. Out of character, he's absolutely hilarious. In character, he is a sadistic psychopath with visions of grandeur, and it pays to stay out of his way. He is the boogeyman, I think every world needs one. Just my humble opinion. What he does to the young is horrible, but watch your 6 o'clock news and tell me what's worse?

As for guild pk'ing? Well, it's the oldest trick in the book, has been here since guilds began. Is it fair? Yes, completely. How many times has my own life been threatened when recruiting for a guild....wow... Too many to count, and it will continue to be. It's the LAST real danger in trammel, but it makes it interesting. However, if you were to recruit for a faction in ancient times ((RP STANDPOINT HERE)) would not someone try to assassinate you for political gain? Get real people, it's an MMORPG!! RPG!@! RPG!!!

Now, about teh books... oooh, sensitive subject, but considering I live in fellucca, and am not subject to trammel law, here we go. It IS harassment. Is IS self- publication of a massive scale. If it is not, then please explain to me why they are called "Lovespirit Speaks"? Why are they usually included with a rune to the new player complex? And also, why did they only seem to pop up AFTER the complex was vandalized? If I were the subject of these fairy tales, I'm not sure if I wouldn't press a harassmnet case. I'm not bashing you, LoveSpirit, helping the young is a necessary and good endeavor. It's just these are questions pertaining to the argument. When recruiting for a guild I've left books around, so I'm guilty as well, but you're fighting a dangerous foe, and your books probably are encouraging him. I mean, it's like a Billboard with hsi smiling face on it and a big thumbs up.

As for the boy.... I am truly sorry and sympathetic for the actions against him. I DO feel bad, and am not condoning or supporting the action. However, it happened to me some 8 years ago,,,, asnd hasn't happened since. NOR have I been guild pk'ed, because every initiation takes place in a closed house with OTHER guuildsmen there. It made me careful, cautious, and more wary of my environment, all adding to the intensity of this game. It makes it fun, and also, do you think your son is going to be so keen on joining another guild? I hope this will teach himn to be wary, and to be selective, and spirits willing, he';ll pick a GOOD guild. We can only hope it has a positive effect.

*tips hat, give a smile*

I'm going straight to hell for this one, aren't I?

G

Hop in the basket Tallow!

Its a one way trip,
but we will swill some rum
and care not a rip.

A

Aliikai

If you think about, uo moderators against the warnings of Thrax and his "goonies", we all Roleplay when we get on UO, Lovespirit, Thraximus, Even those defending him roleplay. We get on this game to get away from RL just for a little bit and in doing that, when we get on one of our characters (IE: a fishermen) we play the fishermens role. Yes true a little bit of ourselves come out, but whatever we do on game, stays in game and on these boards, it does not follow us around while we are putting our kids to bed, taking our dogs for a walk, or even cooking dinner for the fam. I however do not mind those books because of the thanks i get from those who are newer to the game than I am. I came to sonoma a few months ago and was apalled to find some guy doing this to whoever is willing (without the knowledge) to join his guild. Yes its true for everyone, you should know the GM and its Members first, thats a mistake on their part, but when they're new to the game, they don't know what vets know(so much to know to this game) and being new all they want is to be accepted by another group of people, hoping to make friends. Thraximus is roleplaying, this is true, but then if your allowing a bad guy role into UO, let a good guy role to, its only fair.

J

Jack Tallow

Aye, we be a headin to meet Ole Hob! Nice to have comp'ny!

\Fifteen men, the whole ship's list
dead and most damned and the rest gone whist,
the skipper lay with his nob in gore
where the scullion's axe hsi cheek had shore
and there they lay, and the soggy sky
dripped down into up-staring eyes
un murk sunset and ruddy skies
yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum

the axe, the mask, the towering gallow, and thoughts of what has begun

R

Rapier

<blockquote><hr>

Now, about teh books... oooh, sensitive subject, but considering I live in fellucca, and am not subject to trammel law, here we go. It IS harassment.

[/ QUOTE ]
If placing a book with your opinion is harrassment, I'd venture to say repeatedly PKing the weak after a friendly invitation into your guild is premeditated murder. We are talking about actions on a game, right? I think one is somewhat of higher concern than the other.
But, that aside, who really is spreading the books around? LoveSpirit said she didn't, that someone else copined them and placed them around. She has nothing to gain by not saying it was her so why lie? So who was spreading them about? My own guess is that its Thrax trying to spread his infamy. So we have a premeditated murderer harrassing himself. If that doesn't sound like Thrax, I don't know what does! Now, Thrax, if you're reading this, I really do like you. I disagree with your style though man. I can appreciate the need to "prey on the weak" to establish yourself as the super-villain. But kill them once and be done man. Jesus, I might have to start spreading books about you myself and and RP a harrasser of a murderer. :)

A

Aliikai

I created a book myself, not only of what Thrax and his so called "followers" do but also of tips for new players, such as security in houses, the leave house option (if killed and stuck on a floor), joining guilds if you dont know the GM and its members very well and much more. Theres a lot of things people have done in the past that new and old players should be warned about, and if the moderators of UO are against it, then they aren't what they used to be. I have played 8 years, and not once thought of a GM not protecting its UO players against what people like Thraximus do. So who else is going to do it if not the GM's? From what I understand, we have rights on the internet just as much as we do outside of the internet. Writing a book isn't going to do anything but throw our opinions out there and help those who are so easily preyed upon. If you don't like the idea of the books warning the helpless, dont read them. Simple as that. I made that book not even a week ago and have gotten 15 thank you's since that time. Was writing a book the GM's dont approve of worth it for those few that have been "saved"- yes.
I'm all for roleplaying and "pretending" but there IS a line that can be crossed. Thrax has crossed that several times. Why do you think he has been band from this site among others? I don't think love spirit and others are too far off on their opinions. nor do I think we should be lectured by some Gm because we feel a certain way and actually voice them.

A

Aliikai

There is someone in haven picking up loves books and also mine and copying them. Not sure who, and I don't really care who, obviously Love spirit isn't the only one who feels people should be warned. I do know for a fact that a certain GM is picking them up and disposing of them, which looks a little suspicious to me since he is the only one doing it. There is no rules against writing warnings in a book, there was no foul language or name calling, and certainly nothing banable in those books, so why take them?

J

Jack Tallow

*sighs* it certainly pays to know what yer talking about, lad.....

Lovespirit never denied the books were hers, #1. #2- the books ARE hers (at least two of them, methinks) #3- did you take a reading and literature interpretation class in school? If not, sign up for night school, it certainly helps.... because of #4noone called anyone a liar......

Noone bagged on what Love does for new players and returning vets. That's all fine and well, we need cannon-fodder. Noone called her a liar, noone is making any false accusations here... I merely asked some questions, which she answered truthfully, methinks, so I'm satisfied. As far as the books go, it doesn't affect me in any way. It's just more litter in the streets if Brittannia.

Oh, and as was stated before, Love is spreading books, but there are OTHERS that do it. Pay attention in class, matey....

R

Rapier

<blockquote><hr>

I do know for a fact that a certain GM is picking them up and disposing of them, which looks a little suspicious to me since he is the only one doing it. There is no rules against writing warnings in a book, there was no foul language or name calling, and certainly nothing banable in those books, so why take them?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=263
I work as a teamlead in a similar environment as the GM's (They are a customer service group, I am in tech support). Reviews are the customer's frontline of defense against abuse. But, if you complain about bad service, be sure you send accolades about exceptional service. It happens.

R

Rapier

Methinks you are the one in need of reading comprehension classes, "Lad".
But thats my opinion, you apparently missed my point.

A

Aliikai

It's alright, they have their opinions just as we do. I'm not going to file a complaint against anyone, especially a GM. If i did, however have a REAL problem with a GM, i would but then most likely it would backfire and id get the ugly end of the stick, which is just my luck.

thank you for the site though. I'm sure it will come in handy sooner or later...
*never know*

A

Aliikai

Let's not call anyone stupid here, or tell them they need to go back to school. Can we not have a conversation without somebody making a rude comment to another and starting a big ol' arguement??

*sniffles*

G

I just thought it might be funny for some to know that Thrax has on many occasions recruited experienced PVPers into his guild and gotten a taste of his own medicine. I happen to have made a character just for that purpose a long time ago and got him myself.

A

Aliikai

Lol.
I wish i could pvp still, but i lost touch with all the changes due to a shard change and then a 6 month break. stupid me.

J

Jack Tallow

I would have loved to have seen the expression on his face, or perhaps even the colorful language and conversation that might have ensued, though thrax is generally a cool-headed fellow

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would have loved to have seen the expression on his face, or perhaps even the colorful language and conversation that might have ensued, though thrax is generally a cool-headed fellow

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been hard to see the expression on his face with all the running he did before the faceplant into the cobblestones in front of West Tram Brit Bank.

L

LoveSpirit

I said that I and others were placing warning books. Also, someone has been copying books at library with my name on them and placing them....causing me extra work running about *sealing* all of them and removing the red ones that were not big enough to copy a blue one into....thus cutting off the book in middle. I do appreciate the help though
I am toying with idea of message pets again...
When I did this before, the response on this board was not very positive, so I placed two ballot boxes at my complex to vote on it....the response was overwhelmingly positive *for* the message pets.

Like Aliikai, I also receive so many appreciative thank yous for the books. They do contain much useful information about in game security. They are not motivated by hate or vengence in any way.

W

Wendy Risk

Books, pets named placing or buying a home next to a person naming vendors.
*shakes head* If I was to do that to you in a RP sence just becouse you play a *good person role* An My char playing a *evil role* you would scream herrassment. You still do not see this?

G

I recall hearing about such a counter-smear campaign aimed back at Love Spirit... as I recall, somebody cried foul and the drones and clones buzzed about the hive.

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

I do know for a fact that a certain GM is picking them up and disposing of them, which looks a little suspicious to me since he is the only one doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]For someone whom states that they have played for 8 years, you seem to be a bit fuzzy on actual game mechanics.

To begin with, I am not certain what a "UO moderator" is, ingame. There is no correlation between forum activity and gameplay. None. To then go on and carelessly relate that role to that of an actual GM is misleading at best - and woefully misinformed at its core. It would seem that this is how damaging rumors begin; people operating out of ignorance, and claiming that such actions are based on actual 'fact'.

I would ask you how such activity benefits new players. Being fed such vague and baseless allegations under the guise of absolute fact from "veteran players" surely cannot be doing them any favors. Is teaching them to distrust GMs a Good Thing? What on earth are you thinking?

Secondly, how can you possibly ascertain who is "the only one" picking up books? It is disturbing to me that misinformation such as yours may actually be taken seriously by those whom lack the experience to know any better.

L

LoveSpirit

Books or other announcements about my "actual" in game activites? Not a problem...really!

Books etc. that tell lies about me in my real life (as was done to me), or my in game activities...that is a problem.

I have only written what I have personally witnessed in game...and have never mentioned anyone's real life (as I do not have this information...and it out of place anyway).

My main thrust in game is to help and teach new players...if I see something that a new player needs to be aware of to be safe (particularly if only 10 minutes into game for first time), I will do whatever I can think of to make them aware. I am sorry if this disrupts the intention of game super villians, but that sort of activity generates its' opposite...all about balance. If my warnings are to be considered harassment...what is lying to a brand new player to get them to drop their *young* protection and join a guild to be killed and robbed consist of? Or...charming (and lying) to a new player to hand over a reward arty for "dyeing" or "safekeeping" in a chest in your house..then banning them and putting on the taken item to taunt and laugh at the victim consist of? Teaching them a lesson?
Well...what I do is a different "teaching style" and is no more harrassment than the treachery Sonoma's brand new players are coping with. It is just part of the game IMHO (as I am sometimes told about the negativity towards our *young* ones). What goes for the evil players...goes for the good players.

G

I will never let my kids play this god affull game yes i love it i guess u can say i an addict of uo lol but yea too many bad people in this game i know alot of nice people but then u got lunnies like thrax whos in it for the ego lol.

G

I would never assume that someones in game character is what they are like in real life. Maybe in real life Thraximus doles out soup to the homeless. How would I know? I run two characters and each has a different personality. They are characters.
In game, I find Thraximus do be a vile and despicable person. It does bother me that some people take his actions to heart. They don't see that by changing their behaviour (i.e. disbanding a guild, quitting UO, leaving Sonoma, etc.) that they allow him to win. The counter to most evil in UO is go on, play the game and have fun anyway. Make the evil the center of your actions or forget it and move on; but continue to play, have fun and remember that it is only a game.
I give him kudos for having the nerve to continue to play such a evil being. I don't like that my son got hurt by his actions, but it's a game and no real harm came to my son. Actually, the opposite as so many people went out of their way to counter Thrax's evil by their own good deeds. That I have seen almost everytime that anyone suffered grief by another character. There are others in Sonoma as cruel and heartless as Thraximus only most of those lack his audacity. My son learned some valuable lessons. I hope he takes them to heart. I just hope he remembers how good it made him feel when others helped him and he grows into a person that helps others. If he turns into a 'pwning' pker that will be his right and I will not make him stop.
I have never had interaction with Love Spirit but I do know many that she has helped. Kudos to her for helping others while asking for nothing in return. Keep up the good work.

See, I can handle both. Maybe thats because I follow neither good nor evil and think one can not exist without the other. Too often good has evil hidden inside and some good often comes from evil actions.
I like Karma. What comes around goes around. Do unto others....etc. Thats just me.

E

Elowan of Wind

<blockquote><hr>

The truth is that Love Spirit and her cronies are still nursing vengful feelings toward the offending party because he took a few of them for a ride and scammed them out of some expensive loot. The feigned altruism of their campaign of character assassination cannot obliterate that underlying fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm well aware of the facts in these cases and I'm not alone. I doubt me that Thrax feels any remorse about his scamming ways and hides behind a fascade of its being 'role playing.'

I also have grave doubts that this activity does much to encourage newer players joining the UO ranks. As to an argument sometimes used by apologists for this behaviour as being 'realistic' - many of us aren't looking for realism in our games. I had enough of that in 'Nam.

'nuff said by this party.

E

Elowan of Wind

<blockquote><hr>

The more people hate him and talk against him the worse he becomes.

Ignore him when you can, he hates that. Help those he hurts. Warn your own friends privately..... that is my best advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

And very good advice it is too.

E

Elowan of Wind

<blockquote><hr>

I just thought it might be funny for some to know that Thrax has on many occasions recruited experienced PVPers into his guild and gotten a taste of his own medicine. I happen to have made a character just for that purpose a long time ago and got him myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good on! Or two! Or whatever ...

W

Wendy Risk

Not one person has said a bad word against your Mrs. Expecally Leunid Hand, he has been very respectful to to her. No one has said her helping new-players or vet was wrong. No one has said her warning new players was wrong.
They are saying the way she is doing it is wrong. Playing the victim and crying wolf to much falls on deaf ears. Play the hero ignore the bad behavior reward the good. How long have you and wife played? Before tram and yrs after tram people was pkayed and always will be. Your want all sunshine and happy days try sims? I myself enjoy the evil with the good.As far as new players...
I have yet to met a real one, most are come back vets or friends or family of a existing player. I have seen the crap being said on the *bad person* 1st hand sent forward threw ICQ, come on why the heck would someone kill newbies to sell the items on ebay??

Keep in mind I do not nor has anyone here said what he does is anything they would do.

Tisk Tisk

L

LoveSpirit

****Not one person has said a bad word against your Mrs.****

Gosh no one said they did.

***Playing the victim and crying wolf to much falls on deaf ears.***

No one is playing the victim. A victim is the last thing I feel like

***How long have you and wife played?***

Elowan: since UO began (he was a counselor on Baja &amp; has permanent articles on stratics about warriors and tailors)
LoveSpirit: 34 months

Sometimes, especially online, things are not always how they appear to be on the surface. I also believe in Karma...I also believe that "Wisdom erases Karma"...and it is my hope that all under a heavy burden of negative karma gain wisdom so they do not have to repeat the lessons on the receiving end of it.

G

10 year olds shouldn't be playin the game....even for sweat shop purposes of mining or chopping wood.

As for the incident itself...do onto others as you would have done onto you. So somebody has to go kill him. Repeatedly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As for the incident itself...do onto others as you would have done onto you. So somebody has to go kill him. Repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

A gal after my own heart
Kind of hard to catch him, unless you do the looking for a guild and my skills are weak line when you are really a lighting fast dexxor with DP with a super connections

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thrax and I have never really seen eye to eye. What he is doing is just bassicaly a differnt form of PvPing and PKing, theres nothing wrong with that.

Why he wants to kill new players and "trammies" who knows only thrax does. Its his playstyle, its his type of roleplaying and thats what he has been roleplaying now for a very long time, if you dont like it kill him, its very possible hes not a god at PvP.

10 years old is way too young to playing this game without adult supervision, in my own oppinion you should be atleast 14-16 to play a online game like this, knowing what language is used, and what is done to others in this game.

I dont think ghost did anything wrong with letting his son play, infact im surprised he was not with his dad killing people in fel =D. Im sure ghost will repay thrax back as well.

Whenever we get name change deeds im sure theres gonna be a whole lot more guild PKing and puting names in a book is not going to help one bit.

Now about going around and laying books everywhere to try and warn people and slander him...

Dont you think thats a little extreme? Your attacking his RP that way. Let people find out things on their own instead of going around slandering him and others. If they quit the game becuase they got killed, they should not be playing it anyways.

But if thats what you want to roleplay knock yourself out, it always amazed me how much a small thing like that could be blown into something so personal.

Like someone else mentioned ignoring him works much better, or killing him, if you want pvp experiance to kill him let us fel players know, we will show you a thing or two.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I do know for a fact that a certain GM is picking them up and disposing of them, which looks a little suspicious to me since he is the only one doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]For someone whom states that they have played for 8 years, you seem to be a bit fuzzy on actual game mechanics.

To begin with, I am not certain what a "UO moderator" is, ingame. There is no correlation between forum activity and gameplay. None. To then go on and carelessly relate that role to that of an actual GM is misleading at best - and woefully misinformed at its core. It would seem that this is how damaging rumors begin; people operating out of ignorance, and claiming that such actions are based on actual 'fact'.

I would ask you how such activity benefits new players. Being fed such vague and baseless allegations under the guise of absolute fact from "veteran players" surely cannot be doing them any favors. Is teaching them to distrust GMs a Good Thing? What on earth are you thinking?

Secondly, how can you possibly ascertain who is "the only one" picking up books? It is disturbing to me that misinformation such as yours may actually be taken seriously by those whom lack the experience to know any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! I thought a real GM was picking up books also!

I am the other white meat, not a GM.

As far as me picking things up... next time you seem me doing it, check my guild title. I am all about picking stuff up off the ground.

A

Aliikai

a REAL gm is picking up books as well as you. I wasn't referring to you in my entry. DOH. I was talked to by the GM today, who said the books aren't necessary, and they aren't to a certain degree. I'm not taking anyones side i can pretty much relate to anything that happens in game. But like i've said a thousand times, lines can be crossed, and most the time thrax diddles around on that line and goes either way he wants to go. Thus; some people feel others should be warned so that the money they pay forward to this game every month isn't wasted and than they will have the knowledge they will need for future reference. i see no harm in that.
As far as being fuzzy, heh, yeah i may be that, but then if you read someones forum entry a different way than it was meant, than yea, you may be fuzzy as well. Hell, we're all fuzzy at times, so what?
I slightly regret jumping the gun in my last reply on this forum, and if i hurt feelings i apologize.

A

Aliikai

Hunter your right in a lot of different ways. You see; people are okay with the fact that he roleplays as a noob killing bad guy, but if people are going to be okay with that, they might as well be okay with.. the other side, so to speak. Those who help the noobs, protect the noobs, and whatever else. It's like the mother hen role, gotta warn your chickies when something bad arises so that they are aware, that's alright with me to a certain degree.
books aren't as extreme as some of the other ways i've seen people "warned".
I've seen animals set in town with warnings in their names, i've seen full blown arguements with thrax in haven about 20 versus 1. It gets crazy when his killings start happening in packs. lol.