• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Darkglow?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just wondering, whats the minimum poisoning-skill to use darkglow? (Or better to apply it to a target)
To be little more specific: I was thinking about toying around with those 20 human-joat-skillpoints for poisoning. Basicly it should be enough to apply poison to a target. (Thought it might be somewhat hard to apply it with 20 skill onto a weapon but that could be done by another char maybe.) Using darkglow could be funny with an archer.

T

Turdnugget

How would this be used on an archer? I know you can poison with the Serpent Arrow... but

Does Poison Damage when applied to weapons with the Infectious Strike or Serpent Arrow Special Moves and the special move is used

That part confuses me... 'when applied' ... how can you get the effect to work with a bow if you can't apply it to a bow? Or can you? I've never tried...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I don't think you can serpent arrow with darkglow, because you never actually poison anything... and JoAT poisoning wont get you anywhere. I think it's treated as DP.

Maybe he has a fencer archer with poisoning.

R

RichDC

Darglow is mainly used for thieves in perticular (shurikens and fukiya darts) as they can heal as long as the mark doesnt cure.

Im not sure but i dont think the poison can be applied to a bow to use the poison via serps arrow, i believe it is only on infectious strike (which the way dexxers run these days might not be a bad use of it).

I believe it ould be possible to poison with joat but youll have i dunno maybe 1% success chance and maybe 90% chance you gna poison yourself (no idea on actual nubers im guessing)

T

Turdnugget

I guess a nox/fencer/poisoner could work...

I didn't know Darkglow could be applied to darts/stars... that's interesting to know.

R

RichDC

For a warrior you need to be applying parasitic poison.

Parasitic is dp to start with and leeches health when within i think its 3tiles.

Darglow is greater and leeches when about 5 tiles away.

But yes can be applied to darts (so can parasitic but when do you stand around and let this tick!)

T

Turdnugget

Hmmkay...never thought of using those on darts...good to know =)

Darkglow only does more damage the more they run and are 1 tile+ away.

R

RichDC

Ok im wrong darkglow doesnt leech...

And apparantly can be applied to weaps with serpent arrow as special!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, seems the items database has an error. The official ML information says:
Parasitic Poison: Does poison damage, but also heals the person who applied the poison if they are within 1 tile.

R

RichDC

Yea that one is VERY nice if you can get a dexxer (or mage) to toe to toe they cant understand why there ar ignore (after poison tick) barely moved your life (i had been called so many kinds of hacker when i used this)

But ive dropped poisoning cos too many seem to insta cure poisons.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both these potions are confusing.
I guess the ingredients are too rare and the benefits are too low (if not elusive), for anyone to use.
I wonder if they get nerfed Pub 58 with dimminishing returns thingy.

T

Turdnugget

Maybe we should get a dev to look at being able to use Darkglow/Parasitic along with Serpent Arrow...

Only seems fair that those should work in conjunction with a similar special like Infectious Strike. It would make sense since you don't have X amount of poison charges on an Elven Composite Bow.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone remembers how poisoning was treated before AOS?
Back then you have the skill on a crafter and sell poisoned weapons. I was thinking similar: If you have one character that easily can apply (normal) poison to a weapon, you should be able to use infecting strike/serpent arrow with that weapon only with having those 20 poisoning from joat.
If Darkglow is treated as DP this wouldnt work. Might need to test this sometimes.
Only disadvantage of this idea is, that you wont be able to re-poison a weapon and that you need to use a weapon that has infecting/serpent arrow as a special. And you end up with only one usefull weapon special left after the poison charges are running out.

R

RichDC

You can use infectious strike and serpents arrown with 0 skill in poisoning,

The difference is that some one with 0 will do level 1 poison maybe hitting lvl2
and someone with 80 poisoning will do lvl4 (i think)maybe hitting level 5

But anyone can use both moves. provided the weapon has poison doses.