Dark Horse

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Ohio
Do Dark Colored Horses spawn?

I have seen people selling Black Horses and was wondering if they were a rare spawn of some sorts?

Looking for a dark colored mount to use on my necro mage for PvP. Hes decked out in the new Phoenix Red Bone Armor with Black Cape, Sash, and sword with dark skin tone. Figuring he would look good on a dark mount, if not he might be setting on a grizzled mare or I might settle for a dark colored Frenzied O.

Any other suggestions are appreciated..

Thanks in advance..
Bman

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2009
That was a bug, where u could bola the faction guards and tame the horse many years ago. They dont spawn any legal way.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Ohio
Thanks for responding Mandrake!

That will keep me from hunting them... though it would be a nice added feature to put in some various spawning colored horses.. not crazy colors, just your normal run of the mill horse colors...

Guess I will start looking for a Dark Frenzied! Already went and bought a Grizzled Mare, so I have one of those as well..

K

Kayne

Only others are the Nightmare or the Dread War Horse but I believe both require high taming to own.

Best horse option is the grey type or the brown

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 30, 2004
UK
I've only just recently started a Necro and my hubby showed me a neat trick, he got me to kill a regular horse and then use Animate Dead on it, got to ride a cool 'Skeletal Steed', there's some kind of timer attached to it, but I got to ride it for quite a while, plus when it 'poofs' just go get yourself another heh. Plus it should look great with your outfit :D

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Ohio
I was able to pick myself up a Black Horse for 15 mill earlier this week, currently have it bonding! woohoo!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2007
Skara Brae
www.raptor85.com
I've only just recently started a Necro and my hubby showed me a neat trick, he got me to kill a regular horse and then use Animate Dead on it, got to ride a cool 'Skeletal Steed', there's some kind of timer attached to it, but I got to ride it for quite a while, plus when it 'poofs' just go get yourself another heh. Plus it should look great with your outfit :D
grizzle drops one that bonds to you and doesn't poof, fyi, kinda rare though.