• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dark Guardian Room with 900 Luck (9 drops in one hour)

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on Lake Austin, and clicked the luck statue this morning to begin my experiment.

120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Lumberjack
20 Ninjitsu (30 more on jewels that I would swap out)

Cast Enemy of One, 4 Mirrors, Divine Fury and spawn Whirlwind once the Dark Guardians popped.

After I would dispatch them all, I would loot the gold, bones and maps (for turn in points), and repeat this process. I spent one hour there, and got 9 drops, although I took a short break for laundry, I may have been able to pull more drops.

I used this double axe:

Total loot estimate: 195k gold, 9k bones, 35k points for turn in from maps, 9 artifacts of doom.

I will continue this experiment later to see how I do with 0 luck.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's what I do too. Weapon is a little different, but similar results. My only beef is I'm not getting anything over lesser artifacts.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What about other players in DG-room?
They help. The more people the more that spawn. As long as you get damage you get points toward a drop. It doesn't matter if you are the top damager. Just get a wither or a whirlwind off and it works. Bring a crowd.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
They help. The more people the more that spawn. As long as you get damage you get points toward a drop. It doesn't matter if you are the top damager. Just get a wither or a whirlwind off and it works. Bring a crowd.
Yes, they help. Help to you... and get nothing as a thanks.
If damage doesn't matter why you use Hit Area, EOO and Slayer?
The math is easy - when you do more damage other players do less damage. When you remove 50% of DG's life by one hit other people just help you by increasing the spawn and hoping to be able to do some damage from time to time.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, they help. Help to you... and get nothing as a thanks.
If damage doesn't matter why you use Hit Area, EOO and Slayer?
The math is easy - when you do more damage other players do less damage. When you remove 50% of DG's life by one hit other people just help you by increasing the spawn and hoping to be able to do some damage from time to time.
Oh damage matters, but I meant even if you are not the top damager you get points toward doom drops. I was having more success with a necromage than a sampire when the room was packed. But the sampire can survive a hoard of Dark Guardians solo while my caster will get killed.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 15 minutes today, with no luck and only one drop, I clicked the luck statue. Back up to 900 luck, I pulled 14 drops in an hour. I only looted the maps for turn in points and skipped the bones and gold, which made for a quicker turn around and thus more drops in an hour.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had one hour where I had 20 in one hour. It was amazing. But that is not the norm. I usually walk away with between 10-12.