• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damn it EA/Mythic.

N

Nosuperiors_Damnfewequals

I don't know what set Kelmo off, in particular this day.
But you peeps need to give him credit for one thing, his passion for the game.
If the "Powers That Be" worried as much about people leaving UO as we do, then they might do something to stem the tide.

Hang in there Kelmo, you've always been respected, and for the most part liked. *grins*

All we as players can do is hope for better days ahead.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico, if it wasn't for your 2500 posts, no one would have ever heard of you either.

Sorry if my Siege time didn't involve hanging around Luna.

L

linko50

all that time there, there must have been some event that made your uber 1337 @55 leave...... how about you explain in not so basic terms why you really dont like siege?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok if it makes any difference to you, here goes

#1. The entire shard is full of stealth *******. Hardly anyone on that shard plays a character without hiding and/or stealth. The entire PvP scene remains me of what happens at Brit/Yew gate on production shards. If you could take a shard wide reading of all the templates, I guarantee you that hiding followed closely by stealth would be the top skills.

#2. It’s boring as hell. There are like 5 people playing that shard and since they all have hiding and stealth you’ll never see them anyways. I’ve wandered around that shard for weeks and never seen a soul. I spent hours upon hours in Destard collecting leather and never “saw” another person.

#3. Completely unbalanced system on Siege. I have a GM crafter and I made or enhanced my own armor. Even with GM arms lore I could never get all 70’s, but it was close. Well here comes Mr. Archer with his blessed 50 HL, 50 HLD, 40% SSI, 40 DI crossbow. How long does someone in GM armor last against that?

Most of my fights on Siege went something like this;

*Dismounted by stealth archer, “All Kill”……………. I die or run away.*

Now granted I spent the majority of my playtime on Siege before the change to pet balls so it may be better now, but with the addition of greater dragons, I doubt it.

I’ve said it before, the best thing they could do for Siege would be to delete every item property and remove the Siege blessing.

#4 Worthless people on Siege. It’s funny to read all the comments on these and other forums about how Siege has such a great community. Nothing could be further from the truth. The shard is full of the scum of the UO universe. From the thieves to the noob killing PK’s. If you weren’t around for Pre-Tram days just spend a little time on Siege, it will become very clear why those playstyles were removed and have never been added to another game since.

Do I hate Siege, no not really. I still occasionally get on there and wander around for awhile. But I have no sympathy for it’s players since their low population is entirely their fault since they all play thieves and stealth archers/tamer.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx God u left. u are nothing but a big cry baby geeze. wahhhhhh she killed me wahh she talked mean to me wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i dont even read ur post cause all u do is cry and cry. you would have nothing at all to offer sp and i for one am glad u left!
:stretcher: oooOOooOoo

you cant hadle SP?? dont play it. but there is no reason to troll our threads!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Top 5 skill averages for the top 5 guilds of Siege on UO.com

Magery
Hiding

Meditation
Remove Trap
Animal Lore

Magery
Hiding

Tactics
Meditation
Ninjitsu

Magery
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Hiding

Tactics

Magery
Meditation
Tailoring
Hiding

Tinkering

Tactics
Hiding

Ninjitsu
Magery
Resisting Spells

Maybe there are a lot of Siege players? You just can't see any of them!!!

F

Fayled Dhreams

humph!

Not too good as a boardwarrio either huh?
Basically you have been called out ... you, your "character" ... not others or "guild" averages
I have a GM crafter and I made or enhanced my own armor.
have a completed PvP char and a GM+ crafter char on Siege if dying a few times had bothered me.
log them in ... lets see ...
Of course ... :blushing: ...if ya can't ...
You'll be seen as no better than ...mmmm ... whatis name ... GM'd magery (actually I think the claim was Legendary ... old forums) and "Ruled Siege" till boredom set in ... whateva, someone will recall the incident ... maybe the name too!
point is ... at least he COULD login, showup, and being a one man quild ... His "averages" were clearly displayed ...

gotta be able to AT LEAST do similar ... being called on it and all ...

nuff telling ...

time to "show"

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok Colter, no need to get all teary eyed. You just can't cut it. Siege isn't for everyone. You seem to fit better on the production shards.

No biggy...it's not like you are missed. Nobody knew you...I guess you played here in stealth mode...la

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've posted facts on why your shard is dead, your only response is I must be a cry baby or some other lame insult.

Trust me, no one would miss you if Siege was deleted off the server list. Last night we had some awesome battles around/in Despise on 2 prod servers that included more people than the entire population of Siege.

So next time one of you Siege players makes the next inevitable post begging people to come play your dead shard, just remember why your shard is really dead to begin with. (That would be because of attitudes like yours)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've posted facts on why your shard is dead, your only response is I must be a cry baby or some other lame insult.
No, actually you posted your opinions. Which you are entitled to have, no matter how wrong they are...la

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, actually you posted your opinions. Which you are entitled to have, no matter how wrong they are...la
The top 10 guilds on Siege all have hiding as one of their top 10 skill averages, most being in the top 5.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Go look it up for yourself.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The top 10 guilds on Siege all have hiding as one of their top 10 skill averages, most being in the top 5.

I dunno, might just be me, but ever since Siege was launched all the characters I ever made there and played had Hiding. Seems to me that stealthy skills are something of a common place on Siege, which is befitting.

Back before trammelization, all my characters on Baja also had some type of hiding skill or invisible jewelries. This is because of the need to be able to hide from or escape from Murderers and Thieves. Or hide or escape from an underestimated enemy. Or to just be an assassin or a thief. Which reaffirms that Siege is not a shard to be taken lightly. It is as "old school" as you can get on production Shards.

To critisize a Siege Guild or any player on Siege because they use Hiding and or Stealth skills is quite flawed, for the nature of the ruleset that is Siege makes stealthing skills something to be desired by the general public of a shard in which such skills are quite valuable to have to save your life.

F

Fayled Dhreams

humph!

gotta be able to AT LEAST do similar ... being called on it and all ...

nuff telling ...

time to "show"
hmmm.
So
Your "completed" PvP character ... is the Tamer ? right? wouldn't just happen to have a spare 25k laying about to guild him with now would ya?
ya know ... to SHOW 'is skills ... being complete and all ... no point in asking ya to do a KR screenie ...be kinda complicated to be SURE you aren't wearing any skill buff jewels .... but .... hmmmm maybe someone could help you figure a way ... timelag with MYUO updates the biggest hurdle ...

BUT ... it does indeed appear that you have chars ON Siege ... +1 for not "posing" ...
now if there was just some way to "get the rest of the story ..."

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Having hiding in your template means nothing. Hell, I know a lot of crafters with GM hiding. Why? Because it helps avoid the people who mean to do them harm. Sheesh...la

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having hiding in your template means nothing. Hell, I know a lot of crafters with GM hiding. Why? Because it helps avoid the people who mean to do them harm. Sheesh...la
I think I said pretty much the same thing, just more long winded. :gee:

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Top 5 skill averages for the top 5 guilds of Siege on UO.com

Magery
Meditation
Tailoring
Hiding

Tinkering
Whoa...better watch out for that guild...a sewing kit and tinker's tools in the right hands combined with hiding...well I don't want to think about what might happen. Good thing it is only 1 of the top 5.

*shivers*

-Skylark

G

galefan2004

You understand that you are probably less than 1% of the player base?

You still think everything should be designed with you in mind?

That logic just doesn't make any sense at all. Your shard has very little in the ways of numbers yet you want them to waste time coding stuff specifically for your shard. You actually demand in it.

In DAoC, I played on Gaheris (the PvM only shard). We were damn happy for every little scrap we got because we realised that we made up about 10% of the player base.

You guys should be happy for what you do get. You should be happy that they direct any attention to 1% of the player base. I would reckon to say that it cost them more to maintain your server then they actually make from subscriptions to that server. If they want to solve the Siege problem they could simply delete Siege, so just be happy they haven't went out of their way to solve the problem.

G

galefan2004

Kelmo,if you were a Developer,what things would you change/fix about SP? You mention about PK and losing things. Thats fine,I can deal with being looted dry and all that,but what about player on player harrassment? You know the kind I mean. They would follow you around and attempt to peek into your pack,they would smack talk-knowing that you have no way of attacking them with any chance of winning.This was my experence about three weeks ago when I made a character there. Needless to say I didn't stay logged on long on this character. I get "harrassed" enough at my job to have to get another dose of it in a game.
Judging from the level of maturity that comes across in the posts of most of the people from Siege that post on Stratics...what the hell did you expect?

G

galefan2004

Trust me. When Siege dies, so does UO.
OMG. You mean hemoraging resources to keep 1% of the player base still playing is what keeps UO going.

Wow, I thought Siege was just a huge waste of money because its the only shard that very likely doesn't pay for itself.

I'm pretty sure UO can lose 1% of the player base that expects everything to be catered to them pretty easily (especially when they are wasting resources on them to begin with).

If Siege dies, UO will have less whiners and complainers, and good ole UOers that gave this game a bad name to begin with. I'm pretty sure it will function fine without all of that.

G

galefan2004

I wish we were a seperate game. We would never bother you folks again.
Then go play Darkfall when it comes out...

When Darkfall goes under in a year (or changes to accomodate others) because most people aren't buying into risk everything you've earned or just sit in town and craft then you can come back here and whine more.

S

Scratch

uo is in a very bad state
top three templates of gimpness

necromages with dci stacked to 45+
moving shot archers with double strike bows with hit spell, velocity and balanced
tamers with 900 point all kill pets

aos ruined the game this is not something new
it just keeps getting worse

G

galefan2004

The day EA closes siege they really state that they don't care **** about the player base. And I think that message would be pretty clear to all.
I think the vast majority of the player base would just be happy to get rid of the whiners that invade the boards demanding stuff they don't actually deserve. I could care less about Siege, so tell me how EA closing Siege say they don't care about me. IMO, they need to close Siege and use those resources for something more important...perhaps they have a desk that needs propped up somewhere.

G

galefan2004

Wow, took only about 15 hours for a flame baiting post, by a mod no less, to be referred to S&R, even though the poster himself appears to have recognized that it belonged there.

-Galen's player
Kind of makes you question who they allow to be mods in the first place, doesn't it? I mean, seriously, if you guys are so hard up for a SP moderator that you let someone that knowingly goes against the ROC that they are susposed to enforce have the job then maybe you should just remove the SP forum.

G

galefan2004

#4 Worthless people on Siege. It’s funny to read all the comments on these and other forums about how Siege has such a great community. Nothing could be further from the truth. The shard is full of the scum of the UO universe. From the thieves to the noob killing PK’s. If you weren’t around for Pre-Tram days just spend a little time on Siege, it will become very clear why those playstyles were removed and have never been added to another game since.

Do I hate Siege, no not really. I still occasionally get on there and wander around for awhile. But I have no sympathy for it’s players since their low population is entirely their fault since they all play thieves and stealth archers/tamer.
Wow, we agree on something. Also, I would add that the players there seem not to know their place. Lets face it, the production shards pay for your little niche shard, and you aren't even greatful for it. You honestly expect developers to take away resources from production shards to spend anytime on your shard at all. The developers respond by allowing you to have a shard, and keeping the production shards going so that they can pay the upkeep costs on your shard with money taken from production shards.