• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Damage eaters will not trigger on some type of dmg

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tested several attacks/spells today to associate some confused type of damage and their proper damage eater.
Here are my results and I will show the 2 ones that didn't actually trigger.

-Pain spike (direct damage spell) - triggered only on the ''all damage eater'' mod.
-Death strike (direct damage special move) - triggered only on the ''all damage eater'' mod.
-Infectious strike (special move) - triggered on poison eater at each poison ticks
-Poison magery spell - triggered on poison eater at each poison ticks
-Earhquake (physical damage magery spell) - triggered on both kinetic eater and ''all damage eater'' mod.
-Bleed (special move - 15-31 physical damage over 10 seconds) - Didnt triggered at all.
-Strangle (necro spell poison damage varying with target's stamina over 20 seconds) - didnt triggered at all on any eaters...
-Armor ignore ( special move ) - Not tested yet , i know it triggered but i can't tell for now on what eater it did.
-Word of death (spellweaving) - Not tested yet
So why bleed/strangle ticks won't trigger any eater, when the infectious strike poison and alot more attacks/direct dmg spells do? Bug ? Intended? Could it be possible for them to works with eaters ?

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I took some time today and tested out all of the attack types that you have noted in your post as potential problems. I was able to confirm that all of these sources of damage were triggering at least one type of eater.

Bleed damage and armor ignore damage were triggering the all damage eater property as these two sources of damage are considered direct damage. Word of death was triggering various eaters as it was inflicting chaos damage.
When I started casting strangle on myself I thought you may have found an issue, however once I started casting it on one character using a second character I was able to confirm that it was indeed triggering both the poison and the all damage eater properties.

If you find any other sources of damage that you think may be broken with regards to the eater properties, please feel free to let me know.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I took some time today and tested out all of the attack types that you have noted in your post as potential problems. I was able to confirm that all of these sources of damage were triggering at least one type of eater.

Bleed damage and armor ignore damage were triggering the all damage eater property as these two sources of damage are considered direct damage. Word of death was triggering various eaters as it was inflicting chaos damage.
When I started casting strangle on myself I thought you may have found an issue, however once I started casting it on one character using a second character I was able to confirm that it was indeed triggering both the poison and the all damage eater properties.

If you find any other sources of damage that you think may be broken with regards to the eater properties, please feel free to let me know.
I just tested it again and you were right Strangle trigger the poison eater but it doesnt trigger the all damage eater so there's an issue here and I tested again bleed its not triggering neither all damage eater or kinetic eater , you should test again and make sure that it's not the first hit of the weapon that triggers the eater, for that , you can put the armor which has eater on it after the initial hit and just before the bleed starts. Thanks and lemme know of any news :)

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I am not seeing the same results as you. I confirmed again today that the eater properties appear to be triggering correctly.

The eater effects function based on actual damage inflicted, so if you have high resists or very low damage it may look like it is not triggering.

I set up a few new rounds of bleed and strangle testing today and everything appeared to be working just like I expected it to work.

When I was using only the Basilisk Hide Breastplate which has the 10% ALL damage eater property the bleed effect was not triggering the eater simply due to inflicting less than 10 points of damage. When I added an additional 10% ALL damage eater item and retested with a combined 20% ALL damage eater the bleed effect began triggering as the bleed effects only had to do 5 points of damage to trigger the effect.

I set up another round of strangle tests using the Basilisk Hide Breastplate. This was the only item that I had equipped and I had no Resisting Spells skill so my poison resistance was only 11%. As only 10% of the damage was being reflected, each tick of the damage needed to inflict 10 or more points of damage to qualify for the damage eater effect. Using this set up when the tick inflicted 9 points or less, the damage eater property did not trigger, however when the tick inflicted 10 or more points of damage the damage eater property did trigger and I was healed for 1 point of damage.

I am not sure how you set up your test cases, but I would assume that either (A) you had high resistances either due to equipment or Resisting Spells or (B) you are using low eater items.

Also, bleed damage will only trigger the ALL damage eater property as it is inflicting direct damage. Kinetic eaters only trigger off of physical damage.

Hope this helps.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not seeing the same results as you. I confirmed again today that the eater properties appear to be triggering correctly.

The eater effects function based on actual damage inflicted, so if you have high resists or very low damage it may look like it is not triggering.

I set up a few new rounds of bleed and strangle testing today and everything appeared to be working just like I expected it to work.

When I was using only the Basilisk Hide Breastplate which has the 10% ALL damage eater property the bleed effect was not triggering the eater simply due to inflicting less than 10 points of damage. When I added an additional 10% ALL damage eater item and retested with a combined 20% ALL damage eater the bleed effect began triggering as the bleed effects only had to do 5 points of damage to trigger the effect.

I set up another round of strangle tests using the Basilisk Hide Breastplate. This was the only item that I had equipped and I had no Resisting Spells skill so my poison resistance was only 11%. As only 10% of the damage was being reflected, each tick of the damage needed to inflict 10 or more points of damage to qualify for the damage eater effect. Using this set up when the tick inflicted 9 points or less, the damage eater property did not trigger, however when the tick inflicted 10 or more points of damage the damage eater property did trigger and I was healed for 1 point of damage.

I am not sure how you set up your test cases, but I would assume that either (A) you had high resistances either due to equipment or Resisting Spells or (B) you are using low eater items.

Also, bleed damage will only trigger the ALL damage eater property as it is inflicting direct damage. Kinetic eaters only trigger off of physical damage.

Hope this helps.
Alright I understand now yes I was probly maxxed in all 70 resistances thats why it didnt triggered but I have a question/suggestion.
How come on Stratics they say : Bleed attack: ''Applies a total of 15-31 physical damage to the target over the next 10 seconds'' so Bleed is physical damage from Stractics but you say its direct damage ? Could it count with kinetic eater also ?

Suggestion: Since the bleed damage is almost too low to trigger the all damage eater which is capped to 18% and not 20%, so to get 1 hp back as life, I should wear 18% all damage eater and bleed should at least inflict 6 damage on a single tick right? This is a little bit useless (again quoted from stratics in the special moves section) '' This damage is not reduced by armor. So having resistances do not reduce bleed damage which is in average 5-6 damage per tick. What I suggest is, count the total of damage inflicted by bleed and at the end of the bleed, apply the eater for the whole bleed dmg over 10sec. Hope you get what I mean because I speak french . But for strangle, let it like it is right now because strangle is affected by resistances so having high resists will reduce the damage and having less poison resist will boost the damage so I wouldnt touch strangle .

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Bleed attack: ''Applies a total of 15-31 physical damage to the target over the next 10 seconds'' so Bleed is physical damage from Stractics but you say its direct damage ? Could it count with kinetic eater also ?
The bleed effect is in fact direct damage and the eater effect is based off of each individual damage
occurrence.

Last edited: