• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Daily Misadventure Reread - @UOThief

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's almost May and here goes my bi-annual whoring out of my site (www.uothief.com), but this time I'm going to try something new:

I'm trying to integrate Twitter and you can follow me @UOThief.

In the Twitter feed I'm going to keep random spam down to a minimum and basically only going to be posting 2 things:

1. Notifications of New Episodes by Other Thieves
  2. Daily Misadventure Reread

Daily Misadventure Reread

As of today, after nearly 5 years of existence, UO Thief is now host to 550 total episodes written by 68 different thieves from 8 different shards. So I figured I would make a post on Twitter on a daily basis, posting a link to one of those thievery episodes, highlighting it for everyone who follows to re-read. (This is including me and yes... I laugh at my own jokes.) I'm calling this the "Daily Misadventure Reread."

Over the past ~5 years, UO Thief has consistently gotten 250,000+ page views each year, including this past year where I haven't been playing at all. And even though I don't play, I still maintain the site and add other people's thievery stories all the time. So if you want your thievery exploits to be read, this is probably a good place to post it. (90%+ of the stories include screenshots, but if your story is good enough, I sometimes put up text only episodes.) If you want to submit one, just post it on my forums or here on stratics or PM me or whatever you want, just let me know. I always give credit and back links (if you have your own site) and all that jazz.

I'm shameless in whoring myself out. I'm equally shameless in promoting other thieves. I no longer play, so shameless plugging of other thieves is all I'm about these days.

So yeah, if you don't hate your mother, follow me on Twitter (@UOThief) and post some stories if you have any; old stories from 1998 or new stories from 2011, with screenshots or without. It's all gravy.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh it's true. Shamelessly whoring your site is entirely reasonable. ;) especially since my link is in multiple locations on it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the next few days, I'll launch story 8. I'm trying not to write and release stories too quick. I want to keep the humor fresh, give each story time to simmer in my mind and avoid burning out.