• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom UI at Modder Exchange

A

Ash

Well for anyone that is wanting to try out some of the custom ui goodness, I uploaded a UI mod to the modder's exchange. It is titled "SA_Default_Enhanced" at the link below.

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging

Some of the goodies contained in..

Spellwords displayed in english (toggle able to power words, none, combination, english only)

Anti-Spammer code to squelch spammers

Party/Pet bars - will use chivalry for the heal buttons if chiv higher than magery, added 3rd button for mages it will bless for chiv users it will remove curse, and yes I did say pet bars too, though not the pet window have to drag healthbar from the pet.

Display coordinates underneath radar.

Some custom icons to better label some macros.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
great ash tnks :) any chance of color coding loot like in bb

A

Ash

great ash tnks :) any chance of color coding loot like in bb
Chance, you bet, tonight, not so much. :) It is actually one of the two items left on my list of 'gotta have'. Animal Lore Gump being the other, but since I don't see a way of fixing that one at this time, leaves properties.

Not sure how much will take to port the existing code as I wasn't involved in that part of BB, but if no one else takes a crack at it will see what I can do.

I am also trying not to do tooooo much while it is still beta and each day could bring a patch that will break something. But if I wasn't able to port over the things I have so far, then I would still use KR 100%. Now, I just got through setting up one of my chars in SA as far as macros, icons and layout.

N

Ni-

So I take it that the bug with not being able to use a UI has been fixed?

I got into using the KR UI pretty late, and of course was kicking myself for waiting so long. There were some really nice features! I hadn't yet gotten used to the item property coloring to miss it, though, it might be really nice with the expansion.

I remember being able to see the words of power and/or spell name when casting. Would it be possible to have only spell words of power to use the runic alphabet? That might be interesting. Either spell the entire word out in the runic alphabet as in CORP or only the 'C' character since that 'C' character stands for CORP. I think the spell book would list just the runic initials. e.g. Corp Por = CP.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
gotta just say I love the pet buttons freakin awesome !

A

Ash

gotta just say I love the pet buttons freakin awesome !
Yeah put those in for my bushido/chiv chars using lesser hiryus, but work nicely with the tamer as well, though I guess if i setup my stored targeting macros it would work and make the buttons useless again.

Oh well, always good to have choices.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Requests: Tracker,paperdoll and backpack open on log-in.

A

Ash

Requests: Tracker,paperdoll and backpack open on log-in.
I go you one better, on my list is to remember the state of certain gumps on log out, and return said gumps to same condition on log back in.

will let you know when i make it to that part of the list.

A

Ash

Forgot to post one thing before someone thinks it is a bug.

IF the object handle is set to corpse and hit the ctrl shift, the object handles do not destroy when releasing the keys. can right click to destroy and also double click to open the corpse will destroy the object handle. 3rd option to destroy them is to switch filter to anything else and hit/release ctrl/shift again.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Forgot to post one thing before someone thinks it is a bug.

IF the object handle is set to corpse and hit the ctrl shift, the object handles do not destroy when releasing the keys. can right click to destroy and also double click to open the corpse will destroy the object handle. 3rd option to destroy them is to switch filter to anything else and hit/release ctrl/shift again.
I am so glad u told us that I was about to go crazy I was working with command functions and thought I had caused it....

D

Der Rock

Well for anyone that is wanting to try out some of the custom ui goodness, I uploaded a UI mod to the modder's exchange. It is titled "SA_Default_Enhanced" at the link below.

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging

Some of the goodies contained in..

Spellwords displayed in english (toggle able to power words, none, combination, english only)

Anti-Spammer code to squelch spammers

Party/Pet bars - will use chivalry for the heal buttons if chiv higher than magery, added 3rd button for mages it will bless for chiv users it will remove curse, and yes I did say pet bars too, though not the pet window have to drag healthbar from the pet.

Display coordinates underneath radar.

Some custom icons to better label some macros.
after installing,the new skill icons are gone
(the imbuing,throwing mysticism... icons in the skill window are empty)

p.s. pet bar buttons works great thx

A

Ash

The command icon is gone as well.. There are still some bugs in getting custom UI fully functioning, when fixed then the icons will be corrected to not override the main file so won't destroy any icons. Till then I will see what can do to get them working.

A

Ash

I put 1.01 up that fixes the missing icons, that was the only change.

B

BLAU

What should I do to let my UI apply to a chat window?
I changed UO_ChatWindow Folda, but can not change texture.
Or is it a bug?

A

Ash

What should I do to let my UI apply to a chat window?
I changed UO_ChatWindow Folda, but can not change texture.
Or is it a bug?
Some of the custom ui appears to still be bugged, inability to mod the chatwindow is one of those things.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to try it and I want to say thanks to all of you that perform this service for the rest of us.

I would like to know if there is a preview or am I doing something wrong as it doesn't seem to do anything useful.

A

Ash

Small update for now.. Added the mysticism spells to the words of power translation and changed how the custom icons are loaded to reduce conflicts if the default icons are changed.

Version 1.1 up on the Modder's Exchange now.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small update for now.. Added the mysticism spells to the words of power translation and changed how the custom icons are loaded to reduce conflicts if the default icons are changed.

Version 1.1 up on the Modder's Exchange now.
Thanks for you good UI!

I know that almost all the UIs are collected on the Exchange, but could I ask you to allow me to upload your UI on my site? Because I think that some people in Japan would be confused, not seeing what file to download.

Thanks!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I installed the Skin and it is looking good and the buttons on the pet/character gump/window are great.

One suggestion, on the Character Gump you have the ability to fold down/up the space for the button. I would think this should be done for the pet gump as well (more on that bellow).

I do not know if you can add tooltips to your mod or not OR if it is not a primary focus at the moment (I can understand that :) ) but tooltips for the buttons may help, on the other hand your consistent use of the colors may be sufficient.

You may not have had time to work the containers.

The SACopper solves an issue for me but maybe no one else see's it. In the standard Skin and yours, the Grid View cuts the bottom row in half (hides the bottom half) The SACopper solved that issue.

I am no big fan of the semi-transparent technique of the current containers. I most certainly do prefer the solid container view.

I am no big fan of the Black Background of the containers. I most certainly do prefer some other color that would not in essence hide an object in the container.

Now then :)

Is it possible to modify the context menus?

Two things I would be looking for ...

Your pet Window/Gump has various buttons on it, then some nice things would be "Stable", "Name Pet", "Attack", "Stop", "Come here", "Stay". These could, if possible be implemented as part of the Context Menu OR as additional buttons, if the Pet Gump used the Fold Down/Up mechanism you use on the Character Gump.

The Stable could delete/hide the pet Gump/Window after issuing the Stable Command.

The Name Pet ... please ... begging here .... It would be nice if there were either a button or an addition to the context menu for a pet to Name the Pet. I would imagine this could invoke the same Window/Gump (or clone it) that is used for entering a Rune Name.

A

Ash

One suggestion, on the Character Gump you have the ability to fold down/up the space for the button. I would think this should be done for the pet gump as well (more on that bellow).
Will keep that in mind, but just so you know I am not going for perfection till the client is finalized so that I don't break my back getting something to work only for it to be broken in final release.

I do not know if you can add tooltips to your mod or not OR if it is not a primary focus at the moment (I can understand that :) ) but tooltips for the buttons may help, on the other hand your consistent use of the colors may be sufficient.
Added the tool tips, had them in the original mod for KR but overlooked them when ported the code over.

You may not have had time to work the containers.

The SACopper solves an issue for me but maybe no one else see's it. In the standard Skin and yours, the Grid View cuts the bottom row in half (hides the bottom half) The SACopper solved that issue.
Will put that on the list of things to look for. Right now Dermott/Zym and I are going at things in two different directions. So hopefully when final release comes about we can meet in the middle.

Is it possible to modify the context menus?
Sorry but as of yet, we haven't been able to edit existing context menus.

A

Ash

Put up version 1.21 of SA_Default_Enhanced at the modder's exchange.

Put in tool tips for the mobile health bar buttons
Added Pinco's Arcanist Targeting from KR

The next major thing I want to port over is the Item Properties hueing from BB_Enhanced. But no idea when I will get started on that.

A

Ash

Thanks for you good UI!

I know that almost all the UIs are collected on the Exchange, but could I ask you to allow me to upload your UI on my site? Because I think that some people in Japan would be confused, not seeing what file to download.

Thanks!
I don't have any issue with it being reposted, may need Gildar's final blessing as it is his site and all. As long as proper credit for whomever works on it is given out.

Just let me know what site, is all I really ask.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it seemed that you all are covering more ground, I assume for learning purposes and some achievement, by doing different things. No problem from me with that approach.

And take your time, you all are performing a valued service to the community and I for one appreciate the effort you all are making to benefit the rest of us.

I will say that when I used both Skins on my Windows 7 32Bit Celeron D with an NVidia 6200LE than moving the Options window Blue Screened the Computer in one case and crashed the Client in the second case.

I would not be terribly concerned with the above as the obvious Windows 7 is not live and the 6200LE is not an approved Video Card for the Enhanced Client at this time.

It is just a heads up.

On the other hand it works perfectly fine on my Windows 7 64Bit with the NVidea 9800GT, Quad Core processor.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah different directions sometimes are a good thing. We all want the features that were put into the KR enhanced packages to be ported over, but it does no good if all three of us and putting in the same mod. Ash is more interested in the functional mods and I've gotten a bit of the graphical bug, so that's the direction I'm going in, I know Zym is working on a skin of some sort, basically a redo of the Legacy skin, but since the Legacy skin in KR needed some funky tweaks to turn out the way it did, I couldn;t tell you what his end result is going to be (although I know that his stat icons are freaking SWEET).

Don't expect things to lump-port over as we're basically back to square one again in making everything work, so one mod at a time is the rule of the day. Also, updated versions of skins. I'd love to see 5 or 6 base skins and then a way to put in the enhancements on top of them. More skins are always good, but 5 or 6 will probably end up being the most often used... Bitter Black, Copper, whatever Zym is cooking up, Fink's Nautical and clockwork if he so chooses, and a couple others.

We'll see what happens though... it's still early.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any issue with it being reposted, may need Gildar's final blessing as it is his site and all. As long as proper credit for whomever works on it is given out.

Just let me know what site, is all I really ask.
Anything at the Modders Exchange can be reposted anywhere, as long as you link back to the Modders Exchange so people know where it came from (and it would be nice to let me and the author(s) of the skin/mod know where you're putting it, and why you're putting it there instead of just telling people to visit our site [for Bibliothek, that's obvious - not all the readers know english ;)]).

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything at the Modders Exchange can be reposted anywhere, as long as you link back to the Modders Exchange so people know where it came from (and it would be nice to let me and the author(s) of the skin/mod know where you're putting it, and why you're putting it there instead of just telling people to visit our site [for Bibliothek, that's obvious - not all the readers know english ;)]).
Thank you very much, Ash and Illandril!

It would also be a great help for SA client itself to be accepted in Japan!

I reposted it on the following page:Download page on Britannia Bibliothek

Please let me know, if there is something wrong there.