• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Keeps and Castles and How-To

I am relatively newish back to game (2-3 months) after a 7-8 years break. When I came back I was reading up and saw custom keeps and castles. Super excited and have actually acquired a custom keep. I will keep my grumblings to myself about "custom" and how they are not truly custom. You can customize them with the craft able wall and stone pieces which is better than the giant open rooms built into the designs. One issue I am running into though is connecting walls. In my attached image below, is there a way to close that gap or something I would just have to live with?

1701452070592.png

For reference, I tried putting down a goza mat and raising to place the piece. No luck there though unless I just happened to click the wrong place.

Thanks in advance for any input provided as well.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, east and south outer walls won’t intersect. For interior east and south walls, you can raise a wall section from the floor below if it’s open.

BOO!! What I figured though. I guess I have to live with the minor imperfections.

I had not though about raising up through the floor for interior walls. I might be able to do that in one spot.

Thanks for the quick response as well!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOO!! What I figured though. I guess I have to live with the minor imperfections.

I had not though about raising up through the floor for interior walls. I might be able to do that in one spot.

Thanks for the quick response as well!
Depending on which style Keep you have, if there is an open space on the floor below an exterior east or south wall, you can raise and intersect a wall. The first floor is the only floor you can't intersect east or south walls on. Here is an example of first floor wall layout on a custom Keep.

Custome Keep Wall Layout.jpg

Depending on which style Keep you have, if there is an open space on the floor below an exterior east or south wall, you can raise and intersect a wall. The first floor is the only floor you can't intersect east or south walls on. Here is an example of first floor wall layout on a custom Keep.
I will definitely give it a shot, pending I get some time this week to mess with it. I think there was only one place on the 3rd floor of my keep that I had an wall intersection I would need to raise up too. Doable as well.

I also think I have the same "base" model keep as you as well. It is always interesting seeing other peoples design choices and decoration styles as well. Loving your styles as well and good incorporation of some of the store items where I struggled to visualize how they would look good. I am a HUGE fan of the classic client and the art.